• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entertainment center finally complete. PS4, 42" TV, PC, and now a new LG soundbar w/ woofer to top it off.

Last year when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

Johndoey

Banned
I just started grabbing random Gordon Parks images. Pretty sure it's Parks

NfJK1y0.jpeg

2XbWVoY.jpeg

Slayven

Evening fam. Hope everyone is keeping safe.

I just pre-ordered No Man's Sky on GOG.

I did it now, cause i know i would end up forgetting to do it later. LOL.

Morning gents.

I've found that's true with games that have a character creator, unfortunately.

I've yet to find a game that has my shade of brown in. ��

Yo! We're preorder bros

Finally people with good taste around it. If it isn't about fried chicken you people don't give a shit

Johndoey

Banned
KFC got the best chicken and mash, get some of them honey biscuits from churchs, some homemade slaw, made up a gallon of that purple drank. Got me a big ol' melon in the cooler (Honeydew, cause Watermelon is awful). Ready for prime time!

There is this white girl who lives in my building. Every time she sees me, she always looks at me like she's seen a ghost. At this point it's just making me feel nervous.

Shy

Entertainment center finally complete. PS4, 42" TV, PC, and now a new LG soundbar w/ woofer to top it off.

Congrats Feenix. I'm so glad this have turned around for you.
Finally people with good taste around it. If it isn't about fried chicken you people don't give a shit
This was literally my response when i read this.
y8v8WUs.gif

There is this white girl who lives in my building. Every time she sees me, she always looks at me like she's seen a ghost. At this point it's just making me feel nervous.
Jesus. Stay safe.

Here's hoping you really do remind here of someone dead from her past because the alternative is she's gonna one day call the cops on you for something innocuous.

Congrats, man. I have to furnish my new place that I'm getting this month. I've been eyeing the 4Ks from Samsung for a while so I'm probably going to wait until Black Friday or for some crazy deal to happen for a purchase on one of those.

Slayven

Yet you can't loan me 20 dolalrs.

"I see black people"

Furyous

Some white women at church do this. Apparently me sitting there reading a bible is code for he's going to do harm to everyone there. One woman saw me and ran to her bishop. Another one clinged on tightly to her man.

Cleveland police officers are dicks. I'll never forget I'm out and about with my Yakubian countryman engaging in the proclivities somewhere on 10-5. My friend gets indignant at a police officer and winds up being forced to never come back to Cleveland. They barred him from returning to Cleveland unless he got a good enough diploma.

Where does BCT stand on Mankind Divided, specifically "mechanical apartheid"? Do your googles people. I want to preorder the game but that phrase has me mad as fuck. No Man's Sky seems lonely as fuck. At least give us Spotify integration as we pillage planets for stuff.

Johndoey

Banned
I'm buying Mankind Divided because I love Human Revolution. Apartheid is obviously a loaded term and they need to take great pains do it justice. Which I believe they can manage, but on a personal level I would've avoided it. It's unnecessarily provocative and could fairly be viewed as disrespectful.

Where does BCT stand on Mankind Divided, specifically "mechanical apartheid"? Do your googles people. I want to preorder the game but that phrase has me mad as fuck. No Man's Sky seems lonely as fuck. At least give us Spotify integration as we pillage planets for stuff.

I say preorder and hope they make up for it with well written characters of color and a good story in general.

Slay, you down for podcast tomorrow? Moris' internet crapped up the skype connection.

Also we need a consistent third so if anyone has a decent mic and can dedicate 1.5hr of their time on every other Wed or Friday, let me know. We communicate (mostly to make sure everyone can make it) via Twitter. It's literally like two DMs every other week.

^^^ Spoiler tag this dammit. I hope they got rid of that Tanisha bullshit from the last game where the most prominent black person was that caricature...

They'll have a french version watch.

Slayven

Slay, you down for podcast tomorrow? Moris' internet crapped up the skype connection.

Also we need a consistent third so if anyone has a decent mic and can dedicate 1.5hr of their time on every other Wed or Friday, let me know. We communicate (mostly to make sure everyone can make it) via Twitter. It's literally like two DMs every other week.

They'll have a french version watch.

I should be good

Nah scratched that, I just remembered i have to get early monday.

Johndoey

Banned
The new pilot character subbing in for Malik is a black man, well spoken no "Yas Sir, Missa Jensen" stuff going on. So it's better than that mess at least, and on the commentary track for Human Revolution they did basically say "hey we fucked up real bad on that".

Johndoey

Banned
Finished Moore's run on Miricleman, liked it more toward the end.

Started smoking again today, got a horrible sore throat for my efforts.

RedSwirl

Feeling really uneasy about that particular thing, but Deus Ex is usually about dense stories full of conspiracies in dystopian settings.

No Man's Sky doesn't really seem any lonelier than any other singleplayer game. It's gonna have other characters running around and is hyping up its procedural soundtrack. Maybe if you go way out exploring dead planets or whatever.

Numb

We anime now

watched one recently that was a comedy
then a brother showed up and i thought it was just normal fake black anime guy
then his story is he was a slave that got saved. some stereotyping and racists outta nowhere in an anime that was just a comedy
was weird

Johndoey

Banned
I liked Death Note then I realized it wasn't particularly good. I'm down for a super intelligent black dude though, no matter how awful the movie will probably be.

I liked Death Note then I realized it wasn't particularly good. I'm down for a super intelligent black dude though, no matter how awful the movie will probably be.
If anything, a loose western adaption could fix a lot of the fuckery of the second half. I still want to see more Asian-American actors get more play but at the very least, I'm glad that they are totally avoiding the pitfall of having a white actor with a suspiciously Japanese name.

RedSwirl

If anything, a loose western adaption could fix a lot of the fuckery of the second half. I still want to see more Asian-American actors get more play but at the very least, I'm glad that they are totally avoiding the pitfall of having a white actor with a suspiciously Japanese name.

Honestly, loose western adaptations are probably the right way to go with anime and Hollywood. Maybe we aren't getting that because Edge of Tomorrow bombed, but to be honest that's a really watchable movie. The real problem with that though may be that adult (non-YA) sci-fi just isn't doing that well in Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom