• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Ghostbusters was a three and a half star movie. A few jokes fell flat, and its a light retread of the major set pieces of the first movie until the finale. Thor and Kckinnion are the standouts. The cameos and callbacks were okay, but the movie didn't really know what it wanted to be at times. It's weird that we get four different renditions of the Ghostbusters theme as the movie goes on.

Slayven

Thanks!

And yeah, I definitely fucks with The Black Guy Who Tips. They never take themselves too seriously, but they drop serious wisdom bombs every now and then. That, and Karen reminds me of all my aunties.

But the read is currently on my shit list. Kid Fury and ESPRECIALLY Crissles are smelling their own farts a little too much these days.
Karen reminds me of Fish Frys and family reunions. Don't understand how folks hate that woman.

That Turkey thing is all kinds of fucked up
I don't know how folks do it, i would have probably had a heart attack dealing with taht shit
Stranger Things is yet another great Netflix show.
the previews reminded me of Eerie Indiana

Karen reminds me of Fish Frys and family reunions. Don't understand how folks hate that woman.

Some of the same reasons people hate on Leslie Jones. Also, some people equate a Southern accent with being ignorant. Also also, she speaks from her heart more than from her head, and some people expect their podcasters to be all cold facts and logic. Also also also, some so-called feminists mistake her agreeing with Rod with her cowering and not speaking her mind (as opposed to just speaking with her heart first, and /then/ getting the facts).

Also also also also, she's a black woman. Which is always a reason to hate.

And can I just say that Rod cannot pronounce the names of foreign cities to save his life (especially when it is Sword Rachetness time) and often sings off key? But I don't give a fuck. I still love the show.

Slayven

Some of the same reasons people hate on Leslie Jones. Also, some people equate a Southern accent with being ignorant. Also also, she speaks from her heart more than from her head, and some people expect their podcasters to be all cold facts and logic. Also also also, some so-called feminists mistake her agreeing with Rod with her cowering and not speaking her mind (as opposed to just speaking with her heart first, and /then/ getting the facts).

Also also also also, she's a black woman. Which is always a reason to hate.

And can I just say that Rod cannot pronounce the names of foreign cities to save his life (especially when it is Sword Rachetness time) and often sings off key? But I don't give a fuck. I still love the show.

I love when karen, mishears Rod and goes on rants. Then he has to correct her. True love...

My take away is there is a lot of swords in england.

I love when karen, mishears Rod and goes on rants. Then he has to correct her. True love...

My take away is there is a lot of swords in england.

Black Love is Real. :)

And I don't know if there are a lot of swords in the UK, but guns are illegal there and drinking isn't. So. The asshole who would have killed someone over here just ends up slashing his victim. And the UK victim probably survives.

Slayven

Black Love is Real. :)

And I don't know if there are a lot of swords in the UK, but guns are illegal there and drinking isn't. So. The asshole who would have killed someone over here just ends up slashing his victim. And the UK victim probably survives.

The real MVP is Justin, that nigga is dirty. But hilarious;.

I imagine it is what JC would be like

andthebeatgoeson

Kuma plz.

Wife is listening to drunk Trump. Dude is out there.

And now this:

1phwzg45xquomhndgjycn6vkbupno2g6ergz3wevz7phnwmklmkopam0b9xrnsku.jpg

He was a producer for CBS in ATL. He got fired.

https://m.mic.com/articles/148644/c...for-threatening-to-bomb-protesters#.57BZ7XTMn

My personal favorites (YMMV):

The Black Guy Who Tips

The Read

Insanity Check

Three Fifs Podcast

Gaming and Then Some

What's the Tea?

So Well Spoken

If you can handle a little whiteness, Interracial Jawn is an interracial couple, a black woman and a white guy.
Thanks for this!
But the read is currently on my shit list. Kid Fury and ESPRECIALLY Crissles are smelling their own farts a little too much these days.

Too uppity?

KumaJG

Are there any black, POC-themed podcasts that aren't annoying-as-shit right now?

Everytime I try going back to This Week in Blackness, I'm reminded why I left: Elon James White is a fucking moron. Let me know when Imani gets her own damn show, because she's the only one with some goddamn sense up in that bitch.

And I swear to G-O-D I'm going to go OFF the next time I see some black "intellectuals" glamorizing the goddamn struggle. Ain't nothing sexy about the struggle. Ain't nothing cute about the fact that our ancestors fought, bled and died for the rights that we fucking take for granted today. All so some "activists" can get on Twitter and turn the movement into a fucking fashion statement. The fuck out of here with that noise.

You know what? Let me NOT.

Give these a listen:

The Read
The Friend Zone
In The Conversation
Another Round

Stranger Things is yet another great Netflix show.

Going to check this out. Thanks

I hate it when mothafuckas try and quote me and shit and then don't bring the damn quote. Then try and use said quote against me.

On a lighter note, just 3-0 my first opponent in Marvel not as nervous as yesterday still need to tighten upl

No, but Kid Fury and ESPECIALLY her are pushing this toxic "Ugh, neither candidate is speaking to me...I might not vote" bullshit right now. I have no patience for that bullshit from two people who like to pretend they oh-so-woke otherwise.

lol. I'm glad you're so passionate about politics.

Out Marvel went 2-2 so not bad at all very happy with how I did. Motivated as fuck to get over my nerves for next year. Now I'm just gonna enjoy the venue. Didn't know this Marvel 2 cab was free play and I want to get some Tekken 7 in as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom