• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

Sup Jacir. Haven't seen you around for a while. Hope you been keeping well.

Glad to hear everything is going good with collage.

Yeah man. I still have complications here and there. Its what happens when I go hard on these textbooks. Not gonna lie to myself and my family, school wasnt hard for me for a reason. That reason was because I was just not trying. Now its like that saying "You get what you put in". Obviously that wont do much if the school is trash from the beginning. Its not the case with mine.

Bubba T

It's been a damn good week ya'll. I interviewed and got a job offer the same day. I was invited to an summer experience with a national firm next week, and my CPA application was approved.

To top it off, tonight is sushi night!

Are there any black, POC-themed podcasts that aren't annoying-as-shit right now?

Everytime I try going back to This Week in Blackness, I'm reminded why I left: Elon James White is a fucking moron. Let me know when Imani gets her own damn show, because she's the only one with some goddamn sense up in that bitch.

And I swear to G-O-D I'm going to go OFF the next time I see some black "intellectuals" glamorizing the goddamn struggle. Ain't nothing sexy about the struggle. Ain't nothing cute about the fact that our ancestors fought, bled and died for the rights that we fucking take for granted today. All so some "activists" can get on Twitter and turn the movement into a fucking fashion statement. The fuck out of here with that noise.

You know what? Let me NOT.

My personal favorites (YMMV):

The Black Guy Who Tips

The Read

Insanity Check

Three Fifs Podcast

Gaming and Then Some

What's the Tea?

So Well Spoken

If you can handle a little whiteness, Interracial Jawn is an interracial couple, a black woman and a white guy.

Slayven

The Black Guy Who Tips

The Read

Insanity Check

Three Fifs Podcast

Gaming and Then Some

What's the Tea?

So Well Spoken

If you can handle a little whiteness, Interracial Jawn is an interracial couple, a black woman and a white guy.
Interracial Jawn is great, they are on the border of being TOO woke, like you feel bad when they talk about ratchet shit because they know the struggle in and out.

Shy

It's been a damn good week ya'll. I interviewed and got a job offer the same day. I was invited to an summer experience with a national firm next week, and my CPA application was approved.

To top it off, tonight is sushi night!
Congrats.

Jacir

Holy shit! Im so late with the attempted coup in Turkey that was many hrs ago. I just saw a thumbnail on youtube about it. This is crazy. Anyone who can bring me up to all that has happened so far, please update with all the new stuff. I have already subscribed to the gaf thread. Currently watching BBC.

Dai101

Banned
Tomorrow at EVO is going to be awesome. Starting with MAHVEL following with KI then a short break and KI FINALS!

On sunday only care for MAHVEL.

I'm pondering if i should brought my TV and X360 to the shop so i can stream directly instead in a small ass monitor .....

Village

I'm gonna be honest, I forgot about mahvel, I'm so into tekken 7 right now.

Tekken is My jam. Gota remember to watch marvel. I have also been watching pokken.

Well I got eliminated out of SFV made it to losers semis. Went 4-2 I should've won my last match but nerves were way too high I stopped feeling my buttons after my 3rd match. Now I got Marvel tomorrow at 10 so hopefully I do well.

royalan

The Black Guy Who Tips

The Read

Insanity Check

Three Fifs Podcast

Gaming and Then Some

What's the Tea?

So Well Spoken

Interracial Jawn is great, they are on the border of being TOO woke, like you feel bad when they talk about ratchet shit because they know the struggle in and out.

Thanks!

And yeah, I definitely fucks with The Black Guy Who Tips. They never take themselves too seriously, but they drop serious wisdom bombs every now and then. That, and Karen reminds me of all my aunties.

But the read is currently on my shit list. Kid Fury and ESPRECIALLY Crissles are smelling their own farts a little too much these days.

Shy

On the other side of the spectrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-9VZubB1uI

This is horrible
That's an understatement.
Well I got eliminated out of SFV made it to losers semis. Went 4-2 I should've won my last match but nerves were way too high I stopped feeling my buttons after my 3rd match. Now I got Marvel tomorrow at 10 so hopefully I do well.
Damm. Better luck next time.

Break a leg for Marvel.

Do you know if your were on stream at all. ?
Watching Ip Man 3, man they should've just stuck with Mike Tyson speaking English, those random Cantonese overdubs are hilariously bad.
Or better yet. Not have be in the film at all.

That's an understatement.

Damm. Better luck next time.

Break a leg for Marvel.

Do you know if your were on stream at all. ?

Naw wasn't on an official stream at all. The setups that were on stream already had equipment setup for it plus there were no big players in my pool so it was just offstream

His (what turned out to be) a subplot was probably the interesting part of the film. Though they really couldn't find a mixed girl to play his daughter.... Lol.

The other Wing Chun master's plot was beyond fumbled, on some WWE writers booking shit. A poor man who pulls a rickshaw and does underground fighting on the side, who is otherwise honorable is forced to do some foul shit just put food in his kids mouth. That writes itself, but they rushed him turning good again and out of nowhere he's a Wing Chun grandmaster... Like wtf?! Then he turns out to be the final fight of the film, which was very underwhelming.
The whole second half of the movie was just bad...

I'm a little bummed because I've followed Donnie Yen since the Drunken Tai Chi/Once Upon A Time In China/1993 Iron Monkey days and to see him age is like... Wow. Same way I felt about Jackie Chan.

Shy

A little something for the summer.

Nashville Hot Chicken - How to Make Crispy Nashville-Style Fried Chicken.

His (what turned out to be) a subplot was probably the interesting part of the film. Though they really couldn't find a mixed girl to play his daughter.... Lol.

The other Wing Chun master's plot was beyond fumbled, on some WWE writers booking shit. A poor man who pulls a rickshaw and does underground fighting on the side, who is otherwise honorable is forced to do some foul shit just put food in his kids mouth. That writes itself, but they rushed him turning good again and out of nowhere he's a Wing Chun grandmaster... Like wtf?! Then he turns out to be the final fight of the film, which was very underwhelming.
The whole second half of the movie was just bad...

I'm a little bummed because I've followed Donnie Yen since the Drunken Tai Chi/Once Upon A Time In China/1993 Iron Monkey days and to see him age is like... Wow. Same way I felt about Jackie Chan.
I'm a big fan of Donnie also. (i believe i first saw him Once Upon A Time China 2.)
3 was really a let down. especially compared to te first 2. (and 2 wasn't that hot either.)

BigDes

Stranger Things seems to be Super 8 but done right

EDIT: Dang it Shy now I am watching all these things being cooked and it is making me super hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom