• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
space asian has space asian husband and space asian child
where's the diversity!

in american gay media that is uncommon.

That's actually a change. Because
lots of times when a main gay person of color in a show has a relationship, it's with a white person. Let's celebrate Asian gay on Asian gay love!

Someone gets it.
Wonder if the white gay media will flip out at this.

Eat a strangers ass brehs

The harSon loop said:
Pinworm-1.jpg

Guess I'm back

Welcome back, homie..

---

The world is ready for a bulletproof Black man..

in american gay media that is uncommon.

Someone gets it.
Wonder if the white gay media will flip out at this.

Considering that George Takei did NOT want Sulu to be gay, I'm sure they are happy about this. Also remember that the three rules of Grindr are "No fats, no femmes, no Asians" so the ones who aren't happy won't give a fuck.

LionPride

Banned
I finally watched Fruitvald Station, movie is fuckin anger inducing yo

Thankfully the sweet dulcet tones of Desiigner and his rap "Timmy Turner" soothed me

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
One thing I always wondered is how do vulcans and humans hook up?
Allow me to be a gigantic fucking nerd for a minute.

This is going to sound weird, but from everything I've seen of Star Trek, the sex part works pretty much as you'd expect, thanks to the ancient precursor race that went around seeding planets with their DNA, ensuring the rise of humanoid species everywhere.

Vulcans are biologically required to mate once every seven years after puberty, or their body goes haywire and they die, but they can actually physically mate any time they want to.

There may or may not be problems with fertility and/or infant mortality, as it was originally thought that humans and Vulcans were genetically incompatible. If these problems ever actually existed, they were overcome by medical science relatively early on.

Slayven

Allow me to be a gigantic fucking nerd for a minute.

This is going to sound weird, but from everything I've seen of Star Trek, the sex part works pretty much as you'd expect, thanks to the ancient precursor race that went around seeding planets with their DNA, ensuring the rise of humanoid species everywhere.

Vulcans are biologically required to mate once every seven years after puberty, or their body goes haywire and they die, but they can actually physically mate any time they want to.

There may or may not be problems with fertility and/or infant mortality, as it was originally thought that humans and Vulcans were genetically incompatible. If these problems ever actually existed, they were overcome by medical science relatively early on.

And folks call me a nerd.

In the Star Trek novels there was a set of human twins that was raised by klingons, a dude tried to hit them up for a threesome. And they told him straight face "You wouldn't survive the foreplay"

Dereck

Black Wall Street is one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood,_Tulsa#The_Black_Wall_Street

So successful that whites used WWI planes to firebomb the neighborhood

The Tulsa race riot was a large-scale, racially motivated pogrom on May 31 and June 1, 1921, in which a group of whites attacked the black community of Tulsa, Oklahoma. The Greenwood District, the wealthiest black community in the United States, was burned to the ground. Over the course of 16 hours, more than 800 people were admitted to local white hospitals with injuries, the two black hospitals were burned down, and police arrested and detained more than 6,000 black Greenwood residents at three local facilities. An estimated 10,000 blacks were left homeless, and 35 city blocks composed of 1,256 residences were destroyed by fire, resulting in over $26 million in damages. The official count of the dead by the Oklahoma Bureau of Vital Statistics was 36, but other estimates of black fatalities vary from 55 to about 300.

The events of the massacre were long omitted from local and state histories: "The Tulsa race riot of 1921 was rarely mentioned in history books, classrooms or even in private. Blacks and whites alike grew into middle age unaware of what had taken place." With the number of survivors declining, in 1996, the state legislature commissioned a report to establish the historical record of the events, and acknowledge the victims and damages to the black community. Released in 2001, the report included the commission's recommendations for some compensatory actions, most of which were not implemented by the state and city governments. The state passed legislation to establish some scholarships for descendants of survivors, economic development of Greenwood, and a memorial park to the victims in Tulsa. The latter was dedicated in 2010.

Numerous eyewitnesses described airplanes carrying white assailants, who fired rifles and dropped firebombs on buildings, homes, and fleeing families. The planes, six biplane two-seater trainers left over from World War I, were dispatched from the nearby Curtiss-Southwest Field outside Tulsa. Law enforcement officials later stated that the planes were to provide reconnaissance and protect against a "Negro uprising". Eyewitness accounts and testimony from the survivors maintained that on the morning of June 1, the planes dropped incendiary bombs and fired rifles at black residents on the ground.​

American history

Thanks

Htown

They are pretty good on average, they wrapped up the Temporal Cold War thing really nice

. . .

How?

Like, the defining characteristic of the Temporal Cold War was that it was a lot of nothing because the show runners had no plans for it. They didn't even know who the big bad was. He never even had a name. People who watched Enterprise literally just called him Future Guy.

I had an eventful week.
-groomsman at my little brother's wedding
-drank more in this week alone than my entire life
-went on a bar crawl/clubbing for the first time in my life for the bachelor party, was a wallflower (back that thing up was played, twas glorious)
-met tons of people at the reception, danced, general merriness, took shots in the back then Poison started playing, immediately recreated video choreography with my older brother.
-went to a different club for the second time in my life for the bridal party, turned the fuck up (back that thing up was played once again, remains glorious)
-saw a dude literally get thrown out of the club, thought that shit only happened on TV
-now I'm winding down.

All in all, I had fun and got a new sister out of it.

Any of you read the walking dead comics? This shit escalated fast. Only just finished issue #33 though. It's the
Governor and michonne stuff

Slayven

. . .

How?

Like, the defining characteristic of the Temporal Cold War was that it was a lot of nothing because the show runners had no plans for it. They didn't even know who the big bad was. He never even had a name. People who watched Enterprise literally just called him Future Guy.

Turns out it was all bullshit, caused by one guy and his cult that was based on Eugenics and Khan. He was just fucking shit up for the hell of it. Oh and he was the one that gave The Borg the time travel thing in the movie. It was a one shot thing that couldn't be reversed engineered by the borg

Htown

Turns out it was all bullshit, caused by one guy and his cult that was based on Eugenics and Khan. He was just fucking shit up for the hell of it. Oh and he was the one that gave The Borg the time travel thing in the movie. It was a one shot thing that couldn't be reversed engineered by the borg

okay, that just sounds like they tried to tie too many different plot threads together for no reason

That's actually a change. Because
lots of times when a main gay person of color in a show has a relationship, it's with a white person. Let's celebrate Asian gay on Asian gay love!
I was joking about the diversity but it held up the whole
adopting asian babies thing so Modern Family :p

harSon

Banned
harSon, make sure you do a video chat first.

I've already met up with her. Plus we had a few mutual friends. I was still too reckless about it though. Even after talking to her on the phone and video chatting, I shouldn't have just went over in the middle of the night. Her place was straight up in the hood too. I need to get over my fear of commitment before i get burned for real lol.

Is..is it JC?

Now the cats out the bag....

neojubei

Maybe I'm late to the party but anyone hear about anime
racist
fans getting upset that "L" is being played by a Black actor, whereas most of the cast are white but playing parts that are originally Japanese.

look at this crappy video from this "anime" fan

https://youtu.be/ps7R3Fp0zSY

and the casting news here

cdyhybrid

racist
fans getting upset that "L" is being played by a Black actor, whereas most of the cast are white but playing parts that are originally Japanese.

Haven't heard about this one specifically, but not surprising. Reminds me of all the "Anime characters are clearly based on white people anyway!" posts in the Ghost in the Shell threads.

I might. Her sisters dude got gang tattoos
breh

racist

"Do you want Samuel L Jackson to play Luffy from One Piece?"

Yes

racist

This comment got me, man

More than the design, I am worried about the character. I can't see it being portraied[sic] by a black actor... and just think about the black accent.

LMAO

neojubei

I couldn't even make it a minute into that video before closing the tab. Too many questions.

Yeah it took me awhile to get through the video. Dude is very much a racist. All the examples he brought up were Black actors or just Black people playing anime character roles yet he defends whitewashing saying that the lead actor in Dragon Ball Evolution kinda looked like Goku.

Personally it would have been cool if the majority of the cast were Asian American, L remain a Black guy and make the detective the only white major actor in the film. Racist Anime fans would flip-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom