• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Girl was switching ethnic groups faster than Jado.
w8QXBeV.gif

harSon

Banned
I'll overlook this girl's bullshit identity though, cause her family's wealthy as fuck. She sounds like Hillary from Fresh Prince too. I just want a sugar momma so I can swing by the house every friday

feedme.png

D i Z

I was kicking it with a girl I met on Tinder, and we got on the subject of race. She asked me what I was and I told her. But this girl... This girl clearly has black ancestry, and was like "I'm half danish and half American."
comeon.png

Should have asked her what does her parents nationalities have to do with her racial identity.

Edit: Well. The Adder is taking a small break from Gaf apparently.

Any of y'all still play GTA online? I'd play it a lot more but going out to the strange lands of public rooms (especially on PC) sounds Like torture.

Crocodile

It's fine :)

The bolded is why I have my concerns. Any criticism aimed at the dislike for sexualization in favor of sexuality is frequently mistaken for "no sexy ever". You don't want sexualization. Trust me, that's how characters like Quiet come to exist.

I'm worried because this misunderstanding leads to frequent prude accusations and people feeling ostracized for liking sexy content however agreeing some designs take it too far. There's no need for the latter to feel ostracized by the former or for the former to be mistaken for prudes by the latter.

Hopefully this will get worked out soon.

Also I guess you are right about Chun. I asked a long term fan of SF who explained it the same. I didn't know she was Mai's rival lol my mistake.

I can't say that sexualization is inherently bad because the execution is so variable (degree, context, etc.). Both Chun-Li (even at the very start) and Quiet are sexualized designs but one is a gaming icon beloved even now by players of all genders and the other is........just LOL. Between them (if we assume they both represent the different ends of the spectrum which I'm not sure they do) there is an array of awesome and awful designs. However, where the "line" is will vary from person to person, even those on generally the same "side" of a particular argument.

What I can say is that I also get tired of the regurgitation of already disproven points, the lack of nuance on either side, what I sometimes think are extreme or eye-roll inducing opinions, hasty accusations of "prude!" or "pervert!", that I can predict the content of a post just based on username without fail regardless of the context or nature of the situation at hand, etc. These sorts of conversations rarely go well I feel and that's a shame.

Slayven

Shy don't know how much you care about spoilers, so i will put the spoiler thing up. It relates to the preorder bonuses.

Looks like I was right about the preorder stuff not being a big deal. Dude upgrades to one of them within the first 20 minutes of game play.

Shy

Shy don't know how much you care about spoilers, so i will put the spoiler thing up. It relates to the preorder bonuses.

Looks like I was right about the preorder stuff not being a big deal. Dude upgrades to one of them within the first 20 minutes of game play.
I watched that vid. didn't notice him upgrading to a pro-order item. huh.

Well that's good then.

I want to play it soo bad right now. That vid was everything i thought and hoped it would be.

Slayven

I watched that vid. didn't notice him upgrading to a pro-order item. huh.

Well that's good then.

I want to play it soo bad right now. That vid was everything i thought and hoped it would be.

He finds the boltcaster, the amazon preorder bonus in like an outpost thingy

I needs it, another week. mine should be shipping friday. I hope it comes monday

D i Z

Nah. if a game is multiplatform i go PC, unless it a really fucked up port.

The way i have my set up is i have everything going through my telly. (i have a small room)

I see. For NMS that makes total sense. Do you get most of you MP games for PC as well if they're multiplat? I guess that would depend on where your active friends list is and your expected level of involvement...

Shy

I see. For NMS that makes total sense. Do you get most of you MP games for PC as well if they're multiplat? I guess that would depend on where your active friends list is and your expected level of involvement...
Yep.

For example i'm getting Battlefield 1 on PS4, so i can play with you guys.
Speaking of which, are you fine ladies and gentlemen getting the "Early Enlister Edition" because you get to play it 3 days earlier.

D i Z

Yep.

For example i'm getting Battlefield 1 on PS4, so i can play with you guys.
Speaking of which, are you fine ladies and gentlemen getting the "Early Enlister Edition" because you get to play it 3 days earlier.

I'm getting that version. I didn't remember that it had early access, but I just checked my Amazon order and it says 7 days early access for one map. Is that not correct?

andthebeatgoeson

G'mornin all.

GOP having a melt down after the DNC.

Good. Although, i was uncomfortable with the cop support. Sure, cops need support but it seemed to legitimize the response that BLM is a hate group. That asking for basic freedoms is similar to cop killings.

No, these are two and distinct thoughts. Black Lives Matter and cops should not be killed. And they have nothing to do with each other. Yet, every time they were brought up, they were married to each other. As if mentioning one, without the other was a crime.

My concern with Hillary is she is eager to move into an area vacated by the Republicans. That she won't give an entire speech on racism in America. Sure, Obama will go down in history as a great man and i shouldn't expect anyone to equal him, not this soon. But i worry she'll move away from us. She won't talk to us, except during election season. Barack have her, her pass and, since he's biased to preserve his legacy, will do a lot to appeal to the law community and those who overemphasize their support for the law enforcement community.

andthebeatgoeson

This is pretty upsetting. Fuck her. That shit company she works for. I'd say indefensible, but I'm sure if I made a thread some niggas would show their assess..
Don't worry bruh, they already tried.

80 year old crusty, stale ass breath, just picking 30 year old blondes, paying them an extra $100 to smash. Gretchen didn't fall for it but a couple of chicks looked away when everyone brought up that sexual harassment story at the water cooler.

D i Z

Don't worry bruh, they already tried.

80 year old crusty, stale ass breath, just picking 30 year old blondes, paying them an extra $100 to smash. Gretchen didn't fall for it but a couple of chicks looked away when everyone brought up that sexual harassment story at the water cooler.

That fool got a 40 mil severance package for his years of being a work place predator, and Fox News doesn't acknowledge any of it in a public facing way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom