• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Shy deletes Daisy's number from his phone after each of their conversations because he doesn't want to be "that guy".

OH, andthebeatgoeson. Happy Birthday bruh!

Johndoey

Banned
I've already said too much.
46LMRY0.gif

��

You hookin' us up with them cameos right?
--
I lost my phat cookin skillz dawg, this fried chicken ain't going well.

D i Z

Shy helped Mark Hamill up the cliff for his one scene because it was the right thing to do for the franchise. Shy wasn't even supposed to be on set that day.

Shy

Shy
The Star Wars Negro™
That Will Let You Hold $20k
LEEj9yf.gif

Shy deletes Daisy's number from his phone after each of their conversations because he doesn't want to be "that guy".
LOL.
You hookin' us up with them cameos right?
Sure why not. CAMEOS FOR EVERYONE!
Shy helped Mark Hamill up the cliff for his one scene because it was the right thing to do for the franchise. Shy wasn't even supposed to be on set that day.
LOL. That is something i would do too.

D i Z

Shy spent time in the editing bay to help remove all of the len flare. He brought bagels and massages, and read poetry when they had time to decompress and sleep.

D i Z

Shy taught Ford how to live again, and split his pay with the stunt doubles.

God damn! This nigga, shy!

Shy took all of the Storm Trooper actors to Ibiza for the weekend. He memorized the names of all of their +1's. He recognized his roll as "the one who made it" but stayed true to his roots.

I'm legitamately expecting a "why can't I say nigger" from that movie.

Shit, why not? The trailer already sounded like it was ripped from a Reddit comment section for the most part. Might as well take it all the way.

Shocked it is just now happening. Look at the folks in it, look at who is in it. Adam corella, comedians that were hot a decade ago, and some people I never heard of.

Lmao, didn't even have to read the synopsis to know Carolla was in.

Slayven

Shit, why not? The trailer already sounded like it was ripped from a Reddit comment section for the most part. Might as well take it all the way.

Lmao, didn't even have to read the synopsis to know Carolla was in.

lisa "The Blacks!!!" lampanelli is in it too

deli2000

Shocked it is just now happening. Look at the folks in it, look at who is in it. Adam corella, comedians that were hot a decade ago, and some people I never heard of.

Thank god that style of comedy is dying out. This 'outrage culture is taking away muh jokes' boogeyman that people keep bringing up is fucking ruining comedy right now imo.

zeemumu

Hey Slayven.

I'm reading through Civil War II. Tony's future-vision hate doesn't seem entirely justified, regardless of what happened. Does he get more support for why he might be right because right now I'm kinda siding with Captain Marvel.

Slayven

Thank god that style of comedy is dying out. This 'outrage culture is taking away muh jokes' boogeyman that people keep bringing up is fucking ruining comedy right now imo.

See that is the problem, or at least a large chunk of it, humor is evolving but they refuse to do it and get mad they are working out of a Holiday inn.

Shy took all of the Storm Trooper actors to Ibiza for the weekend. He memorized the names of all of their +1's. He recognized his roll as "the one who made it" but stayed true to his roots.

When trolls started going at Carrie Fisher on Twitter, Shy was there reciting Drake lyrics to comfort her.

Malyse

Thanks for reminding me of this. I had lost my link to it and that is the only reason I hadn't added it. Gonna put Radiomaru in there too.

Also, this is why I conciously made every character in my project a minority.

K, so this is way way too long to fit. 4000 characters too long.

deli2000

See that is the problem, or at least a large chunk of it, humor is evolving but they refuse to do it and get mad they are working out of a Holiday inn.

There's a swathe of shitty up-and-comers now in the stand up scene who are doing faux 'edgy' comedy that would be outdated a decade ago. And what's worse is that these people cannot take criticism from their peers, like at all. They always hide behind the 'lol stop being offended' mantra. It's awful.

Malyse

Anime as all fuck but I'm loving the character creator and the movement animations. Game is basically Minecraft + Pokemon with the main focus being user created content. Also, that's some fine cell shading.

Hey all, I've got a question for you.

My mom is West Indian (lived in the US all her life though) my biological father Irish and Native American.

I've got nappy headed curls and constantly get the "grow a fro!" from White people, but my skin tone is like a light caramel and some people say it looks just like I'm tanned all the time.

Depending on which cop pulls me over my race will be listed as Black or White (I have two separate tickets to prove it), but I don't really feel alright just saying I'm Black in terms of stuff like ballots or surveys, or even among other people.

The West Indies was a huge part of the slave trade, and I know it was a melting pot of many races, but do I just say I'm West Indian when people ask? Do the Indies fall under Black culture in the US?

*Edit* To illustrate my point, my great uncle Elliott Skinner:

http://www.blackpast.org/aah/skinner-elliot-percival-1924-2007

Was born in Trinidad and served in WWII to get citizenship, but was referred to as African American in many articles.

Slayven

There's a swathe of shitty up-and-comers now in the stand up scene who are doing faux 'edgy' comedy that would be outdated a decade ago. And what's worse is that these people cannot take criticism from their peers, like at all. They always hide behind the 'lol stop being offended' mantra. It's awful.

No lies detected

Johndoey

Banned
I ended up half frying the chicken then just slapping together a sauce and dumping everything in an oven, worked out alright.
-
Wonder if that Code Lyoko sequel/reboot show is still in development?

Edit: Oh, that thing already came and went.
--
Cartoon Network made insomnia somewhat tolerable in the early 2000's

Shy

Shy, fam, buy me wings bro.
Would if i could fam.
Shy got filming on track, handled the re-writes, made the extras feel loved then apologized for overstepping.
Shy fed BB-8 pet food.
Shy spent time in the editing bay to help remove all of the len flare. He brought bagels and massages, and read poetry when they had time to decompress and sleep.
Shy had to continuously check his American accent, he didn't want to sound too "intimidating" in front of Daisy.
Shy taught Ford how to live again, and split his pay with the stunt doubles.

ZOcTmr4.gif

But i really like Aisha Tyler.

Makes me really sad GAF scared her away.

You should tel her about this thread Esco. She'll be safe and welcome here.

Hey all, I've got a question for you.

My mom is West Indian (lived in the US all her life though) my biological father Irish and Native American.

I've got nappy headed curls and constantly get the "grow a fro!" from White people, but my skin tone is like a light caramel and some people say it looks just like I'm tanned all the time.

Depending on which cop pulls me over my race will be listed as Black or White (I have two separate tickets to prove it), but I don't really feel alright just saying I'm Black in terms of stuff like ballots or surveys, or even among other people.

The West Indies was a huge part of the slave trade, and I know it was a melting pot of many races, but do I just say I'm West Indian when people ask? Do the Indies fall under Black culture in the US?

*Edit* To illustrate my point, my great uncle Elliott Skinner:

http://www.blackpast.org/aah/skinner-elliot-percival-1924-2007

Was born in Trinidad and served in WWII to get citizenship, but was referred to as African American in many articles.

i just tell people i'm from the Caribbean and go into more detail if they want to know more.

D i Z

Holy shit, Ivanka looks like she's about to shit herself up there. Even she can't believe that he said that shit. You can actually hear in his speech pattern when he went of script.

Signed up for Hulu trial to try and catch up on some of the comic shows I missed, and dammit! Half the middle eps are gone. Any Hulu show suggestions? Watching flash finale now
Holy shit, Ivanka looks like she's about to shit herself up there. Even she can't believe that he said that shit. You can actually hear in his speech pattern when he went of script.
Haha what happened?
Aisha Tyler is one of the few non cringe moments in E3.
Dosent she have a Gaf account? I hope she posts In that thread

Johndoey

Banned
Signed up for Hulu to try and catch up on some of the comic shows I missed, and dammit! Half the middle eps are gone. Any Hulu show suggestions? Watching flash finale now

Haha what happened?

I think she kinda quit the site a while ago, I remember an AMA styled thread that went whiffy a while back.
--------------------------
Did he actually say "we'll take care of our African-Americans"?

D i Z

Haha what happened?

I hope she doesn't. She's got enough bs to deal with without going and looking for it.

Donald was on the teleprompter for the most of it. But at the end he went all white man's burden regarding the African Americans in inner cities. If you can catch a video of it, you can see his daughter and family physically shift around when he starts to feel himself a little too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom