• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

She ain't want you breh, keep it pushin

I don't even think she's that funny in her stand up to be honest. Don't think she's "cute", nor needs a stan. But I'm not getting why it's got to be about that just to support her.

Serious question then. What about her is "annoying"? She too "loud"? Or is this about her choice in partners, shall we say?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't even think she's that funny in her stand up to be honest. Don't think she's "cute", nor needs a stan. But I'm not getting why it's got to be about that just to support her.

Serious question then. What about her is "annoying"? She too "loud"?

Its jokes tbh

Edit: she's corny and it's obvious she can't act unless it's in a VO booth. I'd rather have awkward bland devs to laugh at than her tired ass jokes.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Call someone annoying because they're not a stale, old white man in a suit brehs
yall knighting Aisha is shameful. It's definitely cause she's a black female that I have a problem with her lol. Get that bs out of here with the quickness. Different doesn't mean better.

D i Z

Its jokes tbh

Edit: she's corny and it's obvious she can't act unless it's in a VO booth. I'd rather have awkward bland devs to laugh at than her tired ass jokes.

You and everyone else that would rather she shut up. You're not being original. And throwing her gender out there as something that is weaponized against some kind of sense... Thought better of you bruh.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You and everyone else that would rather she shut up. You're not being original. And throwing her gender out there as something that is weaponized against some kind of sense... Thought better of you bruh.
The problem is the only argument I can see for liking her is that she's different from the norm of what E3 traditionally is. Now, I personally couldn't care less either way whether she's up there or some old white man in a suit is up there because I don't particularly like her brand of comedy. How is there anything wrong with that? Race nor gender was brought into the answer I gave you because you approached me sensibly.

Edit: as I said further below if we're talking about diversity then go Aisha. If we're talking about entertainment which is the reason I even watch these shows anymore, she's just as bad to me as some boring devs on the stage.

Order

yall knighting Aisha is shameful. It's definitely cause she's a black female that I have a problem with her lol. Get that bs out of here with the quickness. Different doesn't mean better.
Clearly we're only defending her because she's a woman right? Nah breh I'm suck of people acting like throwing in an actual personality to those conferences are the worst thing ever.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Clearly we're only defending her because she's a woman right? Nah breh I'm suck of people acting like throwing in an actual personality to those conferences are the worst thing ever.
This was your post:
Call someone annoying because they're not a stale, old white man in a suit brehs
What the hell does that have to do with what I initially said? I think she's annoying, and I'm entitled to that, as are many others. Had nothing to do with her gender or race but you wanna assume I'm more so inclined to be interested in a conference given some kind of qualifier other than entertainment. I don't find her entertaining, I find her annoying, but if this was an opportunity for more diversity at E3 and that's what you want to argue I'm all for it. Doesn't change my opinion on her material.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
or maybe she's different AND better but some just people can't get used to anything but the default...
I don't really care for the default, but I don't find her funny either. There's been other video game events that I found entertaining and didn't amount to "white guy A making white jokes for a predominantly white audience". I mean we had Samuel L. Jackson for a vgas one year. No one even mentions him.

Edit: shit even nintendos shit has been more entertaining than traditional conferences but I'm likely the minority in that regard.

D i Z

The problem is the only argument I can see for liking her is that she's different from the norm of what E3 traditionally is. Now, I personally couldn't care less either way whether she's up there or some old white man in a suit is up there because I don't particularly like her brand of comedy. How is there anything wrong with that? Race nor gender was brought into the answer I gave you because you approached me sensibly.

Or. Get this. That people actually LIKE her? Some of us do find her to be listenable, affable even. Shit. Some f us might actually think that she does a good job up there. Now, how about this one. Maybe, so people know her output beyond just the convention, and appreciate that as well? No one said that you needed to like her personally, but you felt the need to roll up and blast anyone that does. You don't like her on stage, you've got the same choices everyone else has. Some of us are actually looking forward to seeing her save Ubi's ass once again.

Order

This was your post:

What the hell does that have to do with what I initially said? I think she's annoying, and I'm entitled to that, as are many others. Had nothing to do with her gender or race but you wanna assume I'm more so inclined to be interested in a conference given some kind of qualifier other than entertainment. I don't find her entertaining, I find her annoying, but if this was an opportunity for more diversity at E3 and that's what you want to argue I'm all for it. Doesn't change my opinion on her material.
Your first basically said people only defend her because she's cute. How does that have nothing to do with her gender. If she were a man do you really think you would have said people defend him because he's cute?

D i Z

Buh. You're the one claiming that people are caping for her solely because she's a woman.
You've got a pattern developing here.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Or. Get this. That people actually LIKE her? Some of us do fine her to be listenable, affable even. Shit. Some f us might actually think that she does a good job up there. Now, how about this one. Maybe, so people know her output beyond just the convention, and appreciate that as well? No one said that you needed to like her personally, but you felt the need to roll up and blast anyone that does. You don't like her on stage, you've got the same choices everyone else has. Some of us are actually looking forward to seeing her save Ubi's ass once again.
i really wasn't blasting on anyone--I even said "it's all jokes". And you're right, it's definitely okay to like her, just as it should be okay to not like her material. She has great stage presence, and I think she's generally very good at presenting the show, literally the only thing I don't like about her is her material (at least off archer). The only reason I was instigating was because I had hoped no one would take it so seriously but I should've known the moment shy thought I was talking about him 👀

Buh. You're the one claiming that people are caping for her solely because she's a woman.
You've got a pattern developing here.
if that was wrong I'm genuinely sorry. I was honestly just messing.

I don't really care for the default, but I don't find her funny either. There's been other video game events that I found entertaining and didn't amount to "white guy A making white jokes for a predominantly white audience". I mean we had Samuel L. Jackson for a vgas one year. No one even mentions him.

Edit: shit even nintendos shit has been more entertaining than traditional conferences but I'm likely the minority in that regard.

hrmmm...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Your first basically said people only defend her because she's cute. How does that have nothing to do with her gender. If she were a man do you really think you would have said people defend him because he's cute?

My only serious response until an actual discussion began was to this question:
Serious question then. What about her is "annoying"? She too "loud"? Or is this about her choice in partners, shall we say?
Everything before that I was just instigating shit.

BigDes

I dont think she is massively funny gut I do think she is infinitely better than some nervous stumbling developer with a personality bypass mumbling some incoherent nonsense. Or some executive type in a suit pointing at the camera with his thumbs pretending to be excited because oh wow golly gee videogames sure are quirking and way radical.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I dont think she is massively funny gut I do think she is infinitely better than some nervous stumbling developer with a personality bypass mumbling some incoherent nonsense. Or some executive type in a suit pointing at the camera with his thumbs pretending to be excited because oh wow golly gee videogames sure are quirking and way radical.
They need to get pele presenting this years Sony presser

Shy

C'mon fam, let's not argue.
For whoever wanna claim it. Is it you shy? 👀
N....... No. *sniffs*

I do genuinely like her as a host though.
I didn't ever watch the VGAs so i honestly couldn't how he was.
I like them too.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Adam Carolla was right!
Man, I'm never gonna let this down am I?

Edit to your edit: lies and deceit.

C'mon fam, let's not argue.

N....... No. *sniffs*

I do genuinely like her as a host though.

I didn't ever watch the VGAs so i honestly couldn't how he was.

I like them too.
Debate and discussion can be healthy and supplemental to progress, but I don't want to be on the side of the debate people think I'm on.

Young Magus

So fukkery came and went in my home state of CA....and my facebook feed is FOMING.AT.THE.MOUTH at the results.

I just wanna ask......what does folks
still
see in Sanders? Because I can understand not fully liking Hil but FFS...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Can anyone give any seemingly unbiased opinions on pros and cons for either candidate? Most people i know irl are pro Bernie but gaf is mostly Clinton which I'm surprised about considering the people who I know are seriously voting are typically in line with gaf opinion.

Zekes!

all I know is that as a non-American, watching the rise and fall of Bernie Sanders has been kind of crazy.

I even knew a dude in my university cohort who was an avid Bernie fan despite us being Canadian. Shit just weirded me out.

Vice

Can anyone give any seemingly unbiased opinions on pros and cons for either candidate? Most people i know irl are pro Bernie but gaf is mostly Clinton which I'm surprised about considering the people who I know are seriously voting are typically in line with gaf opinion.
Bernie
Pros) Good at inspiring youth, anti-establishment focus resonants with those who feel slighted by politicians, great at grass roots organizing, in favor of many progressive ideas
Cons) Difficulty working with establishment types, failure to appeal to certain demographics -old and minority -, little experience/knowledge of international issues, wife involved in school scandal

Clinton
Pros) experience in raising money, gets along well with party and can work on bipartisan issues, name value, strong with women, old people and minotities, lots of support from establishment figures/donors, in favor of Democratic prties platform which is progressive.
Cons) seen as a politician, her changing stances on issues over the years get called out as inconsistencies, many current and old scandals with her and Bill, does not excite youth voters as well as Sanders.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
ahh now I see why everyone is so fixated on Bernie. He appeals to a younger demographic which is ironic. It's also ironic that my group of peers are fixated on him yet the majority of them are of minority descent. perhaps they don't see Clinton as sincere which makes sense given the inconsistencies you've pointed out. Thank you vice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom