• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Not muslim but about to cross 24 hours of fasting. Water only. Gonna hit 36

Props to my muslim brothers. I was up early, in prayer, thinking of y'all. Not sure how you do it but I'm doing it to find out. Break some bonds that are attached to my spirit. I've weirdly hit some stage where my body isn't constantly reminding me I'm hungry and it feels good. Feels good to not feel like a punk whenever I get hungry.

I get hangry from time to time and that's not a good look.

Either way, it's bullshit how muslims are treated. Ignored and relegated to slums just by being brown. Thrown off of flights for how they look. Got people assuming an italian professor was making masterplans. Can't even live if you don't look typical european.

I'm sorry. I can say sorry even if I didn't do it. It's called being a human being. I'm sorry that shit goes down. I support you in your life. I support you in your freedom that is granted by something greater than every human being.

And your ability to sacrifice compels me, encourages me in my life.

TLDR: If they can do it, why can't I?

Gets surprisingly easier as time goes on. It's the first day that's always most difficult for me. I have it easier this year at just over 13 hours. Never lived Numb's struggles, though, RIP. If you're doing it to find out, try it on our schedules. Look up prayer times in your city on Google/Islamic Finder - don't eat after Fajr, and not before Maghrib. No water, nothing. It'll be a lot less than 36 hours.

Kreed

*Goes into OT*

"I'm sick and tired of slavery movies"

Nope, too early for OT fuckery.

We haven't talked about Miss USA enough.

I decided to watch the competition after hearing about her winning. Girl killed all the questions/was dropping "As a member of the US Army..." bombs all over the place. No one else stood a chance (California was getting all the fan votes due to her being the daughter of Rico Suave, but messed up her questions early/got the boot).

Kreed

Man south park was on some fuck shit last season,

It was modern day "Well then, let them eat cake" jokes. The most ironic thing was their running gag that all "SJWs" are white dudes with agendas, which has so many levels of fuckery.

Slayven

It was modern day "Well then, let them eat cake" jokes. The most ironic thing was their running gag that all "SJWs" are white dudes with agendas, which has so many levels of fuckery.
The most annoying part was people acting like it was some deep wisdom.
What are they doing even? I'm so confused.

First it was Zelda being the only playable game and now they're doing other things too?

Just some treehouse stream or something.

shingi70

Banned
Nintendo wants all the press to themselves in case neo or Scorpio is announced. The thing is if they fuck up the reveal that bad press is going to last till who knows when.

Litan

Y'all don't know shit.
Nintendo NX is going to be awesome and game changing and get me interested in gaming again.
Believe.

D i Z

Top o' the mornin!

I don't totally disagree with you. But entering into a conversation with those comments is anything but honest, to say your rant is hyperbole is being very generous. I would dismiss any of your thoughts on the game just off that alone because it isn't objective. But there is definitely a conversation to be had on its characterizations, the parody, the culture it ascribes to and what it projects onto gamers.

All points taken, and appreciated.

I don't know how you got this far into that diatribe, but man. Rockstar does one thing well, and that's iteration. It doesn't seem like there's any real waste going on there. They did lots of games that ended up with pieces used in GTA V. Look back at the original GTA and GTA 2, then see GTA 3. Huge iteration visually, gameplay very similar in structure. Midnight Club and Smuggler's Run...both ended up adding to the way vehicles were handled. The Table Tennis game and their subsequent iteration in visual fidelity helped GTA IV. The online in GTA IV proved that multiplayer GTA could be huge (who doesn't remember getting on with a group and whipping through fake New York?). Max Payne 3's 3rd person shooting ended up almost 1 for 1 in GTA V and that game was all the better for it.

Now if you're talking about the "satire" in the series...that has kind of run it's course. They have so much packed into every bit of GTA V that it becomes exhausting and kind of self-fellating.

Create the thread, I'm more than happy to talk about the series at length.

It'll take a bit of time to put it together, but a thread to dissect the many varied topics might be the way to go.

Malyse

WoFF is on my list of games I can't wait to play. Them getting voices for all the characters sells me on it. I think this might be the new Crystal Chronicles (RIP).

Finally hit Shaun King with that unfollow on Twitter. Probably should have done it sooner.

Dude's just going on and on about how Hilary didn't beat Bernie yet and I could only stomach five of these tweets before going crazy.

Later, nigga.

Finally hit Shaun King with that unfollow on Twitter. Probably should have done it sooner.

Dude's just going on and on about how Hilary didn't beat Bernie yet and I could only stomach five of these tweets before going crazy.

Later, nigga.

Him and all of tumblr are under that same delusion.

Johndoey

Banned
WoFF is on my list of games I can't wait to play. Them getting voices for all the characters sells me on it. I think this might be the new Crystal Chronicles (RIP).
It's aggressively adorable. I can already feel the shame over the amount of costume dlc I'll buy. And plushies.

The name of the game is remixing and repurposing

I'm pretty sure he is a London BCTer.

Noice. Break a leg fam. (i just assume he's one of you gents. But understandably keeping it on the down lo)

b3hmBcO.png

Can't be Shy, Boyega doesn't seem to be that thirsty!
:p

Let's remedy this and talk about how FFT is the best Final Fantasy.

iiHG3La.png

Hear hear, same guy who made FF12 which is the only one i can playing without getting bored.

andthebeatgoeson

Gets surprisingly easier as time goes on. It's the first day that's always most difficult for me. I have it easier this year at just over 13 hours. Never lived Numb's struggles, though, RIP. If you're doing it to find out, try it on our schedules. Look up prayer times in your city on Google/Islamic Finder - don't eat after Fajr, and not before Maghrib. No water, nothing. It'll be a lot less than 36 hours.

I'll need a few more practice runs. I would hydrate like crazy in the morning and night.

I stopped feeling hunger over the past few hours but I've had 30 ounces of water today. Bless the faith but no water? Yeah, give me a few more years. I'm at the rookie stage.

But thanks for the instructions. I'll consider it.

I'll break fast tonight, celebrate my birthday, Hillary's win and a billion Muslims expanding their faith. 38 turn up.

Mortemis

Banned
I'll need a few more practice runs. I would hydrate like crazy in the morning and night.

I stopped feeling hunger over the past few hours but I've had 30 ounces of water today. Bless the faith but no water? Yeah, give me a few more years. I'm at the rookie stage.

I'll break fast tonight, celebrate my birthday, Hillary's win and a billion Muslims expanding their faith. 38 turn up.

I just usually drink a crap ton of water at night. Gotta stay hydrated. It gets pretty easy after a few days, just gotta make sure you're drinking enough water and eating the right things at night.

Happy birthday!

Sch1sm

No water, no nothing. It's a lot to get used to. Probably my least favourite part. Hunger I deal with, thirst? Painful. The trick is to just have something like watermelon or bananas before Fajr. Won't feel the thirst as much.

Happy birthday. Hope it's blessed.

Kreed

Its a damn shame that black alternatives to AirBnB need to exist in the first place.

Going to send this to my friend who works on their websites. Never even thought about these discrimination issues using the service in the past but damn do they seem obvious (particularly the cops being called. Would never use their service again if that happened to me).

I'm just saying, the reason Shy is so polite and "not ain't shit" could be multiple Star Wars film deals...
b3hmBcO.png

Slayven

Later, nigga.

Dude has been losing it for weeks

I'm just saying, the reason Shy is so polite and "not ain't shit" could be multiple Star Wars film deals...
b3hmBcO.png

Boyega is a huge gamer.... Does he like MGS?

Are you or your parents Nigerian Shy?

I'm getting to the bottom of this, I know there were a few Londoners of Nigerian descent posting here. Let me hold $20
K

cdyhybrid

I'm getting to the bottom of this, I know there were a few Londoners of Nigerian descent posting here. Let me hold $20
K
I don't need $20K, but if Shyega could buy me a 1080 that would be great.

D i Z

K

Ya'll trying to get our man Shy caught up. If you expose our most excellent brother, BCT will be overrun with tumblr kids and we'll have to vacate for fumigation.

Shy

That was interesting, thank you.
You're welcome. Glad you liked it.
We haven't talked about Miss USA enough.
True, but i thought we were toning it down on the thirst though.
Please be excited
Next year
Nah. I think they'll reveal it at Gamescom. It's the last big show within the time frame of release. (as TGS doesn't have the international relevancy it once did, unfortunately)
Nintendo shoving themselves into irrelevancy
Yeah *sigh* and it's heartbreaking to watch honestly.
Top o' the mornin!
Evening.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAT!!!!!
That's true, i am like a dying man in the desert.
b3hmBcO.png

K
Ya'll trying to get our man Shy caught up. If you expose our most excellent brother, BCT will be overrun with tumblr kids and we'll have to vacate for fumigation.
I've already said too much.
46LMRY0.gif

😝

Numb

Yo happy birthday!
1hr till I break my 20hr fast. Food teasing. Mouth watering. Nose picking the smel-
Meant happy birthday man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom