• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

I feel like they give Hillary a bit too much flack on her mind changing. She's not going the brokerage party route with her policy changes/amendments, she's going more left. Always thought that'd make her a more attractive candidate, considering Bernie's struggles on outside-U.S.-borders issues. I guess it's because most youth with debt will immediately put economy first, unrealistic as it may look.

Vice

At least one more week of this Sanders bullshit. FML, more days of getting called a shill, getting calls about lack of coverage and having to listen to people whine about a process they don't understand with $20-words tossed in.

Litan

Didn't closely follow all the election stuff that's been going on in the past few months but after paying a bit more attention today, I'm beginning to understand what it is that people dislike about Sanders and his hardcore supporters.

Lucini

Banned
Can anyone give any seemingly unbiased opinions on pros and cons for either candidate? Most people i know irl are pro Bernie but gaf is mostly Clinton which I'm surprised about considering the people who I know are seriously voting are typically in line with gaf opinion.

Trump:

- At the moment, does not have very many stated positions that are not patently crazy or offensive, i.e. Muslim database, mosques under surveillance, build the border wall and make Mexico pay, torture our enemies and kill civilians/their families, negotiate with Putin, cut military support for those who don't pay us a protection fee...

+ He's not Ted Cruz? I'm really not sure there's a positive here.

Hillary:

+ Vast majority of her views are in line with modern Democrats, meaning we get a slightly left of center, vaguely Blue Dog Democrat in the White House if she's elected.

- It's suspected that a lot of her views changed as it was convenient. She also has a lot of ties to big money and is considered a war hawk for her Iraq vote and actions around Libya especially.

Johndoey

Banned
ahh now I see why everyone is so fixated on Bernie. He appeals to a younger demographic which is ironic. It's also ironic that my group of peers are fixated on him yet the majority of them are of minority descent. perhaps they don't see Clinton as sincere which makes sense given the inconsistencies you've pointed out. Thank you vice.

Clinton has always had an issue with coming off as insincere mostly because she's been in the public eye so long and so frequently, plus she has a odd record in certain areas. Can't say i'm terribly excited for her, but ya know obviously better than the alternatives. But on the other hand she definitely buttoned up, and highly qualified for the position.

Trump is extremely charismatic for a certain audience and has managed to hold media attention and brush off consequence for his actions and words fairly easily, he is perhaps the most skilled manipulator of news media ever seen, and everything he does contributes to the perception of strength he has created. Anyone who thinks he isn't intelligent is fooling themselves, highly impulsive yes, but very intelligent. This election will not be the landslide victory for Hilary some on this forum think it will. With that said not much of a chance of him winning the election, but discounting the possibility tis questionable.

Bernie Sanders is your World Philosophies 101 teacher, peddling half formed ideas and hope. Both of those are of course deeply toxic.

I like Aisha Tyler. I'm not sure why her sense of humor or occasional awkwardness makes her bad. At least she's having fun. Life is hard enough as it is.

I don't understand politics. I'm twenty-five, and it's about time I start understanding these things, policies, issues, how the world actually works, etc. I just have such a hard time following the news and retaining information about this stuff. I try but it just doesn't stick. I really want to participate in PoliGAF more, but I just can't seem to keep up with it.

Morning folks.

I like Aisha Tyler and I never minded her as a presenter at E3. I'd be lying if I said I laughed at her jokes, but the energy she brings is good.

I don't understand politics. I'm twenty-five, and it's about time I start understanding these things, policies, issues, how the world actually works, etc. I just have such a hard time following the news and retaining information about this stuff. I try but it just doesn't stick. I really want to participate in PoliGAF more, but I just can't seem to keep up with it.

Yeah, this is something I need to start doing as well. I'm 24 and politics were never a big focus in my family, but I feel that I need to rectify that pronto due to this election.

Ah, stupid phone double post.

Johndoey

Banned
I like Aisha Tyler. I'm not sure why her sense of humor or occasional awkwardness makes her bad. At least she's having fun. Life is hard enough as it is.

A lot of the Tyler dislike is for highly questionable reasons, but the bolded is a part of her whole persona and if you don't like that style and your only reference point is the Ubi presser well yeah.

Oh shit PoliGaf is politics? I thought the Poli stood for police.

Slay how you feel about future senator Kamala Harris of California this november?

Kamala_Harris_Official_Attorney_General_Photo.jpg
Blasian Queen, no? (Black/Indian)

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Trump:

- At the moment, does not have very many stated positions that are not patently crazy or offensive, i.e. Muslim database, mosques under surveillance, build the border wall and make Mexico pay, torture our enemies and kill civilians/their families, negotiate with Putin, cut military support for those who don't pay us a protection fee...

+ He's not Ted Cruz? I'm really not sure there's a positive here.

Hillary:

+ Vast majority of her views are in line with modern Democrats, meaning we get a slightly left of center, vaguely Blue Dog Democrat in the White House if she's elected.

- It's suspected that a lot of her views changed as it was convenient. She also has a lot of ties to big money and is considered a war hawk for her Iraq vote and actions around Libya especially.

Clinton has always had an issue with coming off as insincere mostly because she's been in the public eye so long and so frequently, plus she has a odd record in certain areas. Can't say i'm terribly excited for her, but ya know obviously better than the alternatives. But on the other hand she definitely buttoned up, and highly qualified for the position.

Trump is extremely charismatic for a certain audience and has managed to hold media attention and brush off consequence for his actions and words fairly easily, he is perhaps the most skilled manipulator of news media ever seen, and everything he does contributes to the perception of strength he has created. Anyone who thinks he isn't intelligent is fooling themselves, highly impulsive yes, but very intelligent. This election will not be the landslide victory for Hilary some on this forum think it will. With that said not much of a chance of him winning the election, but discounting the possibility tis questionable.

Bernie Sanders is your World Philosophies 101 teacher, peddling half formed ideas and hope. Both of those are of course deeply toxic.
thanks

ahh now I see why everyone is so fixated on Bernie. He appeals to a younger demographic which is ironic. It's also ironic that my group of peers are fixated on him yet the majority of them are of minority descent. perhaps they don't see Clinton as sincere which makes sense given the inconsistencies you've pointed out. Thank you vice.

Which bothers me because Sander's looks like someone who'll call you a nigga if you were to park in his grass or something.

The fact my generation is so fixated on him also bothers the hell out of me after we just got over the pie in the sky aspects of Obama's initial campaign.

Johndoey

Banned
Bobby Brown to portray Beckett?
Fear 2 joke
--
Sanders is selling easy fixes for complex problems. Of course people want to support him.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Which bothers me because Sander's looks like someone who'll call you a nigga if you were to park in his grass or something.

The fact my generation is so fixated on him also bothers the hell out of me after we just got over the pie in the sky aspects of Obama's initial campaign.
I don't get it either.

Johndoey

Banned
We might get Sleeping Dogs 2 one day, the studio is still around, and it didn't sell terribly.

But Watch Dogs 2 could be pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom