• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
They're saying all tue right stuff with Watch Dogs 2, and that Marcus character design trailer was cool, gameplay sounds much improved, just need to see about that writing now.

I still haven't played 1. Is it good?
It's pretty great, story is actually pretty interesting, not the most unique thing it the world, but it's about execution. It's no Grand theft auto but what is.

--
Deus Ex looks good, but I was always going to buy that so whatever.

When your new shampoo smells like expired cottage cheese and mashed potatoes, brehs.

tumblr_m7wavwnJw41qjitv6o1_400.gif

I like Aisha Taylor if only because the world needs more high-energy people of color who also happen to have doofy punchlines most of the time. I mean yeah, she can be kind of a dork, but you never see white folk getting ragged on for being that way because of their race.

We've replaced Secret Fawful's shampoo with horse shit

Let's see how long it takes for him to notice

Last time I buy my shampoo from Jandro.

EDIT: Where's Gordon been at? I haven't seen him around for a bit, or have I just somehow completely missed him posting?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I like Aisha Taylor if only because the world needs more high-energy people of color who also happen to have doofy punchlines most of the time. I mean yeah, she can be kind of a dork, but you never see white folk getting ragged on for being that way because of their race.
Being dorky isn't a white stereotype anymore?

When Reggie does it, it's endearing and powerful. When Aisha does it, it's insulting to the biz!

/s

Being dorky isn't a white stereotype anymore?

I'm referring to her entire personality, not just the chance that she'll do something dorky. Like, if a white dude is that passionate about something and then just tells what amounts to dad jokes, they might get a couple of cheap laughs or people will ignore them, but if a woman of color does it and she's clearly happy with what she does, then she's "obnoxious" or "too loud" or - and this is my favorite and without a doubt the most common complaint - "trying too hard". Like, for a white dude to try too hard, they have to make Shadow the Hedgehog. A black woman just has to try to try too hard.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm referring to her entire personality, not just the chance that she'll do something dorky. Like, if a white dude is that passionate about something and then just tells what amounts to dad jokes, they might get a couple of cheap laughs or people will ignore them, but if a woman of color does it and she's clearly happy with what she does, then she's "obnoxious" or "too loud" or - and this is my favorite and without a doubt the most common complaint - "trying too hard". Like, for a white dude to try too hard, they have to make Shadow the Hedgehog. A black woman just has to try to try too hard.
you don't feel like that's a tad presumptuous? Similar to last night I got called out on Aisha under this same premise. Obviously I had it coming because I was fucking around before a serious discussion took place, but I consider a lot of popular comedians try hards and don't like them as such. The majority of them are white. At times I don't like key and peele because their skits can get a bit too corny. I mean it's a valid sentiment to have. Aisha is great because she represents a divergence from the norm of E3 conferences, but other than that to me she does come off as obnoxious, to me. Idk I just don't understand why that's not okay.

Johndoey

Banned
We need a sequel to Red Faction Guerrilla as well

A proper sequel not that Dead Space knock off that they made
Reminds me that we need a proper sequel to Dead Space 3 (which I maintain is a good game, besides the weird love triangle thing with Ellie) that ending is the greatest.

BigDes

Reminds me that we need a proper sequel to Dead Space 3 (which I maintain is a good game, besides the weird love triangle thing with Ellie) that ending is the greatest.

Dead Space had some questionable decisions.

Like microtransaction, Invisible war style ammo aside.

Hey Ellie we're going to an ice planet so get your tits out, ok.

Johndoey

Banned
Dead Space had some questionable decisions.

Like microtransaction, Invisible war style ammo aside.

Hey Ellie we're going to an ice planet so get your tits out, ok.
Yeah that was rough, it was personality wise same cool lady I liked in 2, but arbitrarily "sexed up" design wise.

I was actually going to mention that but I couldn't exactly remember and didn't want to unfairly cast aspersions.

But that last boss is dumb in such an amazing way.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i hear ya Loudninja.

mafia, bf ww1, watch dogs 2.

i bet you there will be one more AAA game with a main black character.
besides 2k17

EloquentM

aka Mannny
i hear ya Loudninja.

mafia, bf ww1, watch dogs 2.

i bet you there will be one more AAA game with a main black character.
besides 2k17
What the hair looking like though? Are they just a palette swap of white bald protagonist?

Was kratos the first black AAA pro
tagonist?

How long until someone on GAF posts a topic about how they're being attacked by bees, letting all the bees sting them in the process.

Also, JESUS CHRIST I'M AT WORK BEING ATTACKED BY BEES! HOLY JESUS JUMPING CHRISTMAS SHIT! GET EM OFF ME! GET EM OFF!

shagia

Dark Protag in WD2, went on the Steam forum

cfq.png

I'm not exactly sure what I expected to see

the entire thread is just a couple of dudes responding to horrible outdated bait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom