• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide Squad is trash. WW is our only hope.
I've almost given up hope. Went to the theater counter intent on buying a ticket for Squad. "Star Trek" came out of my mouth instead. BvS was the first time in my entire life I walked out of a theater legit depressed and my spirit can't take something like that again. I might see SS tomorrow after a few drinks.

DC is fuckin with my childhood and favorite characters in a real bad way.

I've almost given up hope. Went to the theater counter intent on buying a ticket for Squad. "Star Trek" came out of my mouth instead. BvS was the first time in my entire life I walked out of a theater legit depressed and my spirit can't take something like that again. I might see SS tomorrow after a few drinks.

How was Star Trek?

Dencia is her name. She legit looks like someone was in photoshop and just painted her white. She has a skin bleaching line called...wait for it...whitenicious. Damn shame about her.

Yep, that's who I was thinking of.

NY Undercover was the shit, I was only like 7 but I remember the saxophone theme anywhere. Torres' pops was like always strung out on some drug.

NY Undercover theme>>>>

They always had a musical number at the beginning of each episode. Like when Lt. Cooper's daughter was kidnapped by a cyber stalker to Soul 4 Reals "Every Little Thing I Do"

LOL This never happened though. You know how many times I kept hearing from black women saying light skin niggas making a comeback over the decades? When the reality is we never went out of style.

Y'all was poppin until black women decided as a collective they wanted to throw their panties at Denzel Washington. They went from the hyping the Al B Sure and Prince types to the carmel skinned dude with baby hair. How you think Ginuwine was eating in the 90s?! It wasn't until Michael Ealy's fake thug ass in Barbershop brought y'all back to relevance. xD

Kreed

They really can't do shit, just look at that cesspool Coli TLR

Natural: bedwench that only messes with white dudes

Straightened: coon that's ashamed of her African features

Cut off: unattractive , too lazy to take care of her hair.

Black women just can't win.

One of my sisters has been growing her hair natural since she saw Good Hair back in 09-10. The "nonsense" she's gotten from black people is crazy. She's happy with her choice though (we were guests at a wedding recently and she straightened her hair with a flat iron for the event, and it took my aunts a couple of explanations to understand and believe that it was her real hair and not a weave, and my sister was happy about their confusion), but I can definitely understand why some black women wouldn't bother.

Y'all was poppin until black women decided as a collective they wanted to throw their panties at Denzel Washington. They went from the hyping the Al B Sure and Prince types to the carmel skinned dude with baby hair. How you think Ginuwine was eating in the 90s?! It wasn't until Michael Ealy's fake thug ass in Barbershop brought y'all back to relevance. xD

LOL I've heard all of those theories. But my point is it does highlight the colorism that permeates in our communities and are often praised in our media. Dark skin men get off far better in treatment though than Dark skin women.

One of my sisters has been growing her hair natural since she saw Good Hair back in 09-10. The "nonsense" she's gotten from black people is crazy. She's happy with her choice though (we were guests at a wedding recently and she straightened her hair with a flat iron for the event, and it took my aunts a couple of explanations to understand and believe that it was her real hair and not a weave, and my sister was happy about their confusion), but I can definitely understand why some black women wouldn't bother.

It's definitely a complicated issue that people have differing opinions to different degrees on.

LOL This never happened though. You know how many times I kept hearing from black women saying light skin niggas making a comeback over the decades? When the reality is we never went out of style.

Reminds me of that one uncle who over the course of decades swore his get rich quick scheme were going to succeed.

BvS was the worst, that was the first movie I ever struggled to get through. The girl I was out with was pretty much on facebook/instagram like 40 minutes into the movie, all I could do was laugh my ass off.

I look forward to folks saying Flash was trash, Cyborg is our only hope

You know damn well ain't nobody gonna say Cyborg is our only hope.

Slayven

i think people would give up by that point

Reminds me of that one uncle who over the course of decades swore his get rich quick scheme were going to succeed.

BvS was the worst, that was the first movie I ever struggled to get through. The girl I was out with was pretty much on facebook/instagram like 40 minutes into the movie, all I could do was laugh my ass off.

You know damn well ain't nobody gonna say Cyborg is our only hope.

Nah one good trailer of that dude shucking and jiving and saying "Booyah!!". 185 mil opening weekend.

Nah one good trailer of that dude shucking and jiving and saying "Booyah!!". 185 mil opening weekend.

giphy.gif

It sounds like you're agreeing with me, however given the analogy I'm not certain. LOL

Colorism affects every ethnic group

Even oppressed people can't get along smh

Agreed, but I think we get along well, I just don't like the prevalence of light skin African American women being highlighted by their beauty more in media in general, which trickles down to our communities and we reinforce it through our own media.

How was Star Trek?
Light. Humorous. I laughed a lot. Nothing about Beyond felt particularly deep, with an utterly forgettable villain and a somewhat shallow plot. But...at the same time it channels everything that I always enjoyed about Trek in a way that very deeply endears me to this particular cast and how amazingly well they've interpreted their characters. I absolutely loved watching them, and I loved watching them interact with each other. It felt like a really great TV episode given a blockbuster treatment.

It's that sort of chemistry and magic, I think, that gave the Avengers so much of its success and the lack of which utterly doomed BvS. I'm worried about the future of DC on the big screen if they don't find a way to replicate it going forward.

Light. Humorous. I laughed a lot. Nothing about Beyond felt particularly deep, with an utterly forgettable villain and a somewhat shallow plot. But...at the same time it channels everything that I always enjoyed about Trek in a way that very deeply endears me to this particular cast and how amazingly well they've interpreted their characters. I absolutely loved watching them, and I loved watching them interact with each other. It felt like a really great TV episode given a blockbuster treatment.

It's that sort of chemistry and magic, I think, that gave the Avengers so much of its success and the lack of which utterly doomed BvS. I'm worried about the future of DC on the big screen if they don't find a way to replicate it going forward.

Glad to hear..figured Pegg wouldn't do the franchise wrong. Guess I'll have to give it a watch.

Y'all need new jokes

MMRInrg.gif

Fall back, homie..

I liked Star Trek Beyond, I was surprised it was good. Lord knows those first few trailers tried their best to turn you off the film. Not a Star Trek fan in any sense but the last three movies have me intrigued on the show, not enough to actually watch but intrigued none the less.

Damn shame really ;-;.
Let them do what ever the fuck they want, its they're hair (Hey that rhymed :))

Side-Note: Whats good AE, hows life

Man my life is basically work, sleep, repeat. Applied randomly to some jobs in Toronto for fun let's see if they call.

Slayven

I liked Star Trek Beyond, I was surprised it was going to be good. Lord knows those first few trailers tried their best to turn you off the film.

Man my life is basically work, sleep, repeat. Applied randomly to some jobs in Toronto for fun let's see if they call.

Amazing you find time to be ain't shit

I have no idea about the comic, but is Cyborg even a good character? Anytime I've seen him he's completely one dimensional.
He is great in the right context, as a Titan.

Young Magus

He loves that shit..don't be fooled.

Yea I know,

Horse Nikka tryin to get his own cycle going, nikka tryin to get that JJ money with these wack-ass catchphrases:

*Ya'll won't throw hands*
*Imma call the cops*
*When we gonna fight tho?*
*"Hey fam here's a statement ya'll can twist into featuring a horse" type post*
*"After 4-5 nikkas post a horse joke/pic post" Man ya'll ant shit/Ya'll jokes are wack/Get better jokes*

They had 2 of the biggest characters in history in batman and superman in a movie together and still managed to fuck it up smh

They fucked it by trying to rush everything and pack everything together. They're should've been another Superman film, a Batman film, and a Wonder Woman film, before doing Batman Vs Superman and Suicide Squad.

Slayven

Real talk, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman live and in technicolor? A billion should have been the minimum, they shouldn't been breathing on Avatar's neck hard.

There's always the alligator option...

How goes it, brother?

Yea I know,

Horse Nikka tryin to get his own cycle going, nikka tryin to get that JJ money with these wack-ass catchphrases:

*Ya'll won't throw hands*
*Imma call the cops*
*When we gonna fight tho?*
*"Hey fam here's a statement ya'll can twist into featuring a horse" type post*
*"After 4-5 nikkas post a horse joke/pic post" Man ya'll ant shit/Ya'll jokes are wack/Get better jokes*

This is exactly right lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom