• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
14079806_10210539371624214_3481853780056809657_n.jpg

This is a solid line-up, despite the history of two members.

Ladies. Gents. Anyone here know shit about Python environments? Going nuts over here..

Never fooled around with Python but what's the problem?

EDIT: oh ok, it's nothing to do with programming. It seems you need python installed on your raspberry pi. It might come by default?

Have you tried running that command on a terminal? ( pip install firetv[firetv-server] )

EDIT2: ok, after reading, it seems some Raspberries might not have pip installed. If that command doesn't work, you can install pip with : "sudo apt-get install python-pip"

Never fooled around with Python but what's the problem?

EDIT: oh ok, it's nothing to do with programming. It seems you need python installed on your raspberry pi. It might come by default?

Have you tried running that command on a terminal? ( pip install firetv[firetv-server] )

EDIT2: ok, after reading, it seems some Raspberries might not have pip installed. If that command doesn't work, you can install pip with : "sudo apt-get install python-pip"

Thanks, man. Pretty sure I already went that route, but I'll try again I guess. I just don't know how to get to this "python 2 environment"

Only python environment i know of is the inside of my pants

anigif_enhanced-14264-1423095399-13.gif

Thanks, man. Pretty sure I already went that route, but I'll try again I guess. I just don't know how to get to this "python 2 environment"

"Python 2 environment" is just the libraries that run the programs. Because now there is a new version of Python (version 3), they make that 'comment' because the firetv thing was built for the 'older' version.

If it doesn't run, you probably don't have PIP installed so run that command i posted to install it.

EDIT: oh, you need to run this on a terminal (Windows command prompt version for linux). (This is the 'shell' that the guy on the programming OT is talking about)

"Python 2 environment" is just the libraries that run the programs. Because now there is a new version of Python (version 3), they make that 'comment' because the firetv thing was built for the 'older' version.

If it doesn't run, you probably don't have PIP installed so run that command i posted to install it.

EDIT: oh, you need to run this on a terminal (Windows command prompt version for linux). (This is the 'shell' that the guy on the programming OT is talking about)

0 upgrade 0 to install 0 to remove. Guess I was right. Hmmmm. I run this server by typing firetv-server -d <fire tv device IP>:5555 but it comes back Running on 0.0.0.0:5555/

I thought -d means the IP I enter becomes default, but it ain't happening..ugh.

0 upgrade 0 to install 0 to remove. Guess I was right. Hmmmm. I run this server by typing firetv-server -d <fire tv device IP>:5555 but it comes back Running on 0.0.0.0:5555/

I thought -d means the IP I enter becomes default, but it ain't happening..ugh.

Are you actually typing that or are you subbing <fire tv device IP> with ..well, the actual IP address of your firetv stick? :p

Nudull

Banned
So, my brother just came home with an Xbox One, along with Overwatch (which we already have on PS4 0.o), Rare Replay and Gears Ultimate.

I have no clue what to do with this thing. lol

lol..come on, son. Yes. My IP..that's why I'm so confused. This is what I'm dealing with. I've done everything it says, but ever time I run the server it comes back 0.0.0.0

Have you tried running/configuring the assistant thingie on the next step?

The server saying it's running on 0.0.0.0 might not be a problem. (In tech speak, it's a wildcard saying the server is listening on all IP addresses the device has)

Have you tried running/configuring the assistant thingie on the next step?

The server saying it's running on 0.0.0.0 might not be a problem. (In tech speak, it's a wildcard saying the server is listening on all IP addresses the device has)

Oh, for sure..THAT stuff I've been messing with for a month. Pretty good understanding of how to deal with the .yaml files..got lights, tv's and Kodi automated and everything. That's why I've been so frustrated lol..this is the only thing I've been trying to get running for a month now that just won't damn work.

So, server saying 0.0.0.0:5555 isn't something to fret?

Oh, for sure..THAT stuff I've been messing with for a month. Pretty good understanding of how to deal with the .yaml files..got lights, tv's and Kodi automated and everything. That's why I've been so frustrated lol..this is the only thing I've been trying to get running for a month now that just won't damn work.

So, server saying 0.0.0.0:5555 isn't something to fret?

It shouldn't be, no. I actually don't have any real experience with Raspberry Pi but i'm assuming it has wireless and also an ethernet port. That's why it says it's running on 0.0.0.0 cause you probably have more than 1 IP address for your device.

It shouldn't be, no. I actually don't have any real experience with Raspberry Pi but i'm assuming it has wireless and also an ethernet port. That's why it says it's running on 0.0.0.0 cause you probably have more than 1 IP address for your device.

Actually wiped it purposefully a couple of weeks ago so that I had no wireless.

eth0: Configured 192.168.0.25/24
wlan0: Not associated

Is the 24 there my issue?

Edit..fuck me. I figured it out. Mental error. lol..I was using the media server's IP instead of local host in the configuration.yaml. Still getting an error, but at least I finally caught that..big dummy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom