• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the title of Sterling's article about it: "Watch Dogs 2 And The Steam Users Who Hate Black People"

http://www.thejimquisition.com/watch-dogs-2-and-the-steam-users-who-hate-black-people/

whoa...

CJ in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, James Heller in Prototype 2, Lee Everett from The Walking Dead, there are plenty of good examples, many of which have been able to appear without a huge outcry.
pretty sure CJ and Heller had a huge outcry.

Kreed

*Goes into the OT*

*Sees Transgender Teen topic*

*Presses CTRL+F*

*Types black*

She has a right to compete and win if she is able.

It's like when black people started gaining rights and began playing sports beating out a lot of white players for positions and awards. People will have to adjust and accept it.

We should stop letting black people compete in running sports because of their physical advantage.

The train is never late.

Shy

Mornin John
B0lkhKC.gif

Every article I read about how Clinton beat out Sanders is about Pragmatism beating out Idealism.

That sounds like a philosophical discussion ripe for the pickings.

akira28

a flight of stairs can

we almost defeated him in 78. One man to slip rollerskates onto his feet, one man to turn the lights out, and a third man to push Lord Darkseid down some steps. It was the closest we had ever gotten. Those martyrs are remembered to this day.

When a Hispanic friend of a friend on Facebook tries to use "crabs in a bucket" and his self-imposed black people expert title to justify how much he loathes black people, hermanos.

Wanted to ask him if all his black friends know how he despises and distrusts them, or if he's not that brave when he's not on the computer, but I just blocked him instead. Bizarro shit.

Johndoey

Banned
Why air your racist laundry on a public platform if you still want to keep a few black friends? I always figured if I was a hardcore racist i'd be on the dl.

The "there are more Latinos than Blacks, there should be more games with Latinos, Blacks just whine a lot" asshole actually has /one/ good point.

There /should/ be more games with Latino/Latina leads.

Of course, if that happened, that asshole would still be complaining like the racist ass that he is.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
The "there are more Latinos than Blacks, there should be more games with Latinos, Blacks just whine a lot" asshole actually has /one/ good point.

Of course, if that happened, that asshole would still be complaining like the racist ass that he is.

Agreed.

pretty sure those two categories are not even mutually exclusive.

and that kind of commentary should definitely be targeted at the characters that are over-represented, not another another under-represented category.

Malyse

Why air your racist laundry on a public platform if you still want to keep a few black friends? I always figured if I was a hardcore racist i'd be on the dl.

Because there's always at least one black around that "doesn't see race" and will give them a fucking pass.

----

How about more Miles Morales's?

(and here comes Slayven)

Ha be the highest paid entertainer of the day
Got 90% of all women want to sleep with you
Meet the president and get a joke about your ethnicity
Can't escape that -ism even when your Sinatra

Johndoey

Banned
Because there's always at least one black around that "doesn't see race" and will give them a fucking pass.

----

How about more Miles Morales's?

(and here comes Slayven)

People forget the whole White Tiger lineage is around, and baby Nova is alright.

shagia

whoa...

pretty sure CJ and Heller had a huge outcry.

Franklin from GTA V got a small outcry from what I've noticed. A lot of it was obviously just people attempting to get a reaction out of others (it's not the internet without anonymity effects), but just like the WD2 situation, there were people who were genuinely bothered about a black character being in a game, only pushing it to be a "diversity thing", citing that it would be hard to relate with them which personally, I always call bullshit on.

With the amount of games I've played myself featuring non-human characters which still had relatable aspects of personality, I just fail to get how a black character could suddenly break relation. And even then, sometimes you just can't relate to a character or even a person, just like real life, why is that a problem to some people?

Because the only other minorities in the discussion including myself were Latino and he got to feel all brave and bad about his stupid opinions.

Slayven

Tony stark being going over to Miles' house, giving him a few hot wheels and telling him to go play while he talk to his mama.

akira28

Stark isn't as bad as Ollie in the homewrecking department, but he would get a size 13 shoe up his ass via Miles father since the whole family dynamic is changed.

Slayven

Stark isn't as bad as Ollie in the homewrecking department, but he would get a size 13 shoe up his ass via Miles father since the whole family dynamic is changed.

If Miles had some arch nemesis i could totally see them going "Was going to kill your family, but your mom fine tho"

D i Z

Alzheimer's is no joke ya'll. Try to be nice if you've still got the chance to be. Cos when they vacate the head space, shit gets real really quickly.

Johndoey

Banned
h54Zag6.jpg

The references are killing me
---
And Howe is pretty cool (The black guy). Like half of Punisher Max is pretty good. That second Barracuda arc is real bad.
H3ir4fol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom