• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Aggressive st... Wait, the fuck is that?

Barack slow jamming the news was on point.

Actually, Barack is our generation's Ali. Just an on point black man, taking shots, still fresh, still pushing us forward. Didn't have the chance to see Ali, live. I can only imagine him, having the balls to resist. Changed the entire outlook of a country. Him, sacrificing, elevated himself to a higher plane.

Malyse

Exactly. What in the fuck is up with you bruh?!

I'm exactly as nice as I've always been and Flow is an ass. People who immediately antagonize me when they don't know me get treated as they have earned.

Also, I've shifted from depression to wrath. And I've been working way to hard and not resting enough or well.

This lady me and my mom knew was killed by an umbrella.

An umbrella.

I mean... What are the chances out of all the ways you die, a strong wind picks up an anchored beach umbrella, makes it go flying, and it lands right in your chest.

LionPride

Banned

An umbrella.

I mean... What are the chances out of all the ways you die, a strong wind picks up an anchored beach umbrella, makes it go flying, and it lands right in your chest.

That's some Final Destination type shit

An umbrella.

This is as good a reason as any for me to never go outside again. I'm not dealing with these evil psychic umbrellas.

Mizerman

An umbrella.

Damn...

And yeah, strong winds don't fuck around. Even something like a plastic straw could wreck your day.

Kreed

An umbrella.

It's raining right now and Feenix got me giving my umbrella a side eye. And it's one of those sharp metal point at the top ones too.

Johndoey

Banned

An umbrella.

I'm sorry for the loss Feenix, that's damn bizarre.

D i Z

I'm exactly as nice as I've always been and Flow is an ass. People who immediately antagonize me when they don't know me get treated as they have earned.

Also, I've shifted from depression to wrath. And I've been working way to hard and not resting enough or well.

Edit: I'm going to be nice today and retract this one. Instead please enjoy this video of Spiderman busting his ass for the amusement of some children.

An umbrella.

That is bizarre. I hope she didn't suffer.

An umbrella.

966T5gU.gif

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lol this election is fucking bonkers

Read this about the 1972 election, mainly about how crooked Nixon was - http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...tiest-presidential-election-since-1972-213644

Things only got worse when Muskie headed for the Florida primary. Many voters in that state received a letter, written on Muskie campaign stationery, stating that fellow candidate Hubert Humphrey had been arrested for drunk driving in 1967. Other letters on Muskie stationery claimed that prominent Democratic senator and presidential hopeful Henry “Scoop” Jackson had fathered a child with a 17-year-old girl. (Since both stories were completely fabricated, the faked letters were intended to reflect badly on Muskie.)

No detail was too small. Posters appeared on Florida highways that read: “Help Muskie in Busing More Children Now.” (Muskie supported desegregation via racial school busing, a stance that was likely to antagonize white Southerners.) Ads were placed in free shoppers’ newsletters saying: “Muskie: Would you accept a black running mate?” At a Muskie press conference in Miami, someone released a handful of white mice wearing tags that read: “Muskie is a rat fink.”

Nixon getting elected with how crooked he was astounds me to this day.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Read this about the 1972 election, mainly about how crooked Nixon was - http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...tiest-presidential-election-since-1972-213644

Nixon getting elected with how crooked he was astounds me to this day.
Don't be stumped. May sound cynical, but people are generally dumb/lazy, which makes them easy to manipulate through anyone that has even a modicum of charisma and/or authority (i.e. Nazis, cults like him jones, religion, etc.). We all fall prey to it but it's not hard to get followers when you're in a position of power, corrupt or not. People need to be skeptics and come to their own decisions, but like many other things the brain deals with, we've evolved cognitive shortcuts that have us act on impulse/instinct. I personally think that because of this there may be no motivation or even a though to find a real answer and delve deeper into many dilemmas we face on a daily basis on personal and societal level.

Also a bit relevant:
http://www.simplypsychology.org/milgram.html

Africanus

Anyone else listening to the Memorial service for Ali? I'm not religious, but it is quite moving.

Ali was never especially strong in my timeline, but he was always rather inspirational. Especially now as I've learned more details about him in the past few days than in my entire life. Marching with Native Americans cross country is interesting.

D i Z

Anyone else listening to the Memorial service for Ali? I'm not religious, but it is quite moving.

Ali was never especially strong in my timeline, but he was always rather inspirational. Especially now as I've learned more details about him in the past few days than in my entire life. Marching with Native Americans cross country is interesting.

I was for a while. Gotta admit it's been an enjoyable event.

jmood88

I can't remember the last time I left a movie early but I just had to for The Nice Guys. That shit is awful. This is why I typically ignore the recommendations people make on this site.

LionPride

Banned
I can't remember the last time I left a movie early but I just had to for The Nice Guys. That shit is awful. This is why I typically ignore the recommendations people make on this site.

You are literally the only person I've seen say something bad about it

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What didn't you like about the Nice Guys? It looks great to me, was planning to check it out.
Dreamy you became so much darker since your disney-volution into malyse
lmao, he always does this though, talks shit on 'em after they're banned. It's just his way.

jmood88

What didn't you like about the Nice Guys? It looks great to me, was planning to check it out
It just wasn't funny, other than a cameo, which made the stupid-ass story and character decisions stand out more than they would have if I was laughing the whole time.

Hey Slayven or anyone else that might be interested, thought this might be right up your alley if you haven't seen it before. There's a Youtuber named Comic Book Girl 19 who created a pretty quality several hour 3 part documentary series on the X-Men 60s era, Phoenix Saga, and Dark Phoenix Saga (this one is 4 bucks on Vimeo on Demand right now but I bought it since it was so impressive). It is actually a super interesting and entertaining comic book history lesson for the unfamiliar if you've got 3 hours and some change to spare.

D i Z

Hey Slayven or anyone else that might be interested, thought this might be right up your alley if you haven't seen it before. There's a Youtuber named Comic Book Girl 19 who created a pretty quality several hour 3 part documentary series on the X-Men 60s era, Phoenix Saga, and Dark Phoenix Saga (this one is 4 bucks on Vimeo on Demand right now but I bought it since it was so impressive). It is actually a super interesting and entertaining comic book history lesson for the unfamiliar if you've got 3 hours and some change to spare.

Her output is decent, but this series is probably her crown jewel.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
A friend of mine is participating in Ramadan. She gave me the rundown of everything and I actually might try it with her next year. I'm always willing to try something outside of my own bubble.

An umbrella.

Wow that is scary.

That's some Final Destination type shit

Numb

A friend of mine is participating in Ramadan. She gave me the rundown of everything and I actually might try it with her next year. I'm always willing to try something outside of my own bubble.

Great!
Always awesome to see new people try Ramadan

Dereck

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom