• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Skinny white dude at the stop I got off starts shot a two times in the air, when he had an argument with some guys and then just hops on his longboard and is off.

Young Magus

Hoping this KOF online is on point
In general I mean
Probably will be bad playing you from there

Yea,
been playing a few games tho. Better than my experiences with SFV.
Xrd's net is still good the GOAT this gen tho.

ニヤリ indeed

Best way to handle JLPT style tests is to wait until a few weeks before to start studying with the example problem books, because you'll never use 50% of that stuff after the test.

True, thanks for the advice.

My co-workers saw me studying and were like "Oh can I see the book?"
once they saw it they were like
dahell2.png
"nigga even I don't use this shit".

Numb

Yea,
been playing a few games tho. Better than my experiences with SFV.
Xrd's net is still good the GOAT this gen tho.

True, thanks for the advice.

My co-workers saw me studying and were like "Oh can I see the book?"
once they saw it they were like
dahell2.png
"nigga even I don't use this shit".
Every fighter needs Xrd lag frames display
SFV was unplayable at the start. Anything would be better

shingi70

Banned
Is just me or do alot of dudes who like anime tend to be alt right assholes. Now it's not wvedyone but I find that anime and gaming alot of the more anime dudes tend to fall on the Gamertags SJw side of things.

I was thinking of someone on twitter I used to follow who would complain about SjWs and women wanting respect on video games, only to post a picture of. Busty treehouse employee and lamenting it wasn't her nudes that Gamertags leaked.

Then there's a guy I work with who from time to time complains about censorship and SjWs (I don't even think he knows what that means )

Kreed

Do people really get that offended by trigger warnings and safe spaces?

The right, alt right, alt right adjacent, and "the BCT is destroying GAF" communities are convinced that PC culture is destroying the US aka "I want to say what I want on Twitter, if you say anything other than 'Haha you're hilarious', fuck you for trying to take away my rights". When they hear stories of black students wanting safe spaces or mad about Donald Trump speaking at their university, it scares them because they don't want to live in a world where they can't post monkey photos @ Leslie Jones without being judged as monsters.

Zekes!

Is just me or do alot of dudes who like anime tend to be alt right assholes. Now it's not wvedyone but I find that anime and gaming alot of the more anime dudes tend to fall on the Gamertags SJw side of things.

I was thinking of someone on twitter I used to follow who would complain about SjWs and women wanting respect on video games, only to post a picture of. Busty treehouse employee and lamenting it wasn't her nudes that Gamertags leaked.

Then there's a guy I work with who from time to time complains about censorship and SjWs (I don't even think he knows what that means )

I don't even think it's just anime fans, I would probably say it's a lot of the super geeky (white) dudes who are socially stunted. It always seemed to me that their views developed as a result of a warped sense of masculinity and enhanced by a lack of social skills and sense of intellectual elitism (those 'militant' atheist types).

Slayven

The right, alt right, alt right adjacent, and "the BCT is destroying GAF" communities are convinced that PC culture is destroying the US aka "I want to say what I want on Twitter, if you say anything other than 'Haha you're hilarious', fuck you for trying to take away my rights". When they hear stories of black students wanting safe spaces or mad about Donald Trump speaking at their university, it scares them because they don't want to live in a world where they can't post monkey photos @ Leslie Jones without being judged as monsters.

No lies detected. Some times the worse thing you can do someone is tell them they can't do something.

shingi70

Banned
Do people really get that offended by trigger warnings and safe spaces?

Yes because it gives them pause from saying what they really want too. Also being a white male everything is Cartered to you, while having safe spaces means women and minorities get equal time to shine. Being a minority at a PWI gives you a bit of the reality of the world, while having a safe space in that institution allows for college to be about finding your self and not just paying for a marginally better life years done the line as the system has become.

This one for you sly.

64fsft.jpg

64fsft.jpg

11rwsw1.jpg

harSon

Banned
The notion that Europe is a racial utopia and by and large free of racial oppression/racism never ceases to piss me the fuck off.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The notion that Europe is a racial utopia and by and large free of racial oppression/racism never ceases to piss me the fuck off.

it's hilarious if you see any thread on here that actually involves minority ethnic/religious groups in europe

RedSwirl

I'm not touching that safe spaces Chicago U thread. See, I got out of college right before this safe spaces thing hit and have only occasionally read mentions of them in Washington Post or whatever. I think I feel more comfortable asking BCT than anyone else about what they really are.

The only perspective I've gotten from mainstream media is that they shield people from "controversial viewpoints." Is it that, or is it just a place certain people go where they know they can be treated with basic respect?

Edit: Oh and trigger warnings too. I feel like I just barely aged out of that conversation. I can understand that idea if you're dealing with someone who has actual PTSD, but what else has the conversation been about?

cdyhybrid

I'm not touching that safe spaces Chicago U thread. See, I got out of college right before this safe spaces thing hit and have only occasionally read mentions of them in Washington Post or whatever. I think I feel more comfortable asking BCT than anyone else about what they really are.

The only perspective I've gotten from mainstream media is that they shield people from "controversial viewpoints." Is it that, or is it just a place certain people go where they know they can be treated with basic respect?

Edit: Oh and trigger warnings too. I feel like I just barely aged out of that conversation. I can understand that idea if you're dealing with someone who has actual PTSD, but what else has the conversation been about?
On safe spaces, the latter. Alt right will tell you it's the former though (or worse).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom