• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mqr3qeJ8EJ1sykcx0o1_r1_250.gif
As Slayven that's been fed rare candy, we take offense to that. We wouldn't want the people who colorstruck people want

Crocodile

The notion that Europe is a racial utopia and by and large free of racial oppression/racism never ceases to piss me the fuck off.

it's hilarious if you see any thread on here that actually involves minority ethnic/religious groups in europe

One of the few things that might piss me of as much or occasionally more than "Europeans lecture Americans about Racism as if their own shit don't stink" is "Europeans lecture Americans about Politics as if their own shit don't stink".

Shy

Morning, folks..
Mornin all.
Morning.
How you guys doi--

Oh Lord...haha
Fucking lol.

I love Lionel Mandrake's recaps.
Shy doesn't need a guy carrying a mirror for him. It's Shy, contrary to his name he oozes confidence.
LOL. I wish.
Brexit was only a few months ago.
Don't remind me. 😞
GAF's on a roll with fuckshit, today.
It's because it's so fucking hot and muggy today.

That trigger warning thread, lord. lol.

Lacked enough sense to put my head in the straight white male thread. Won't even touch the trigger warning thread.

I'm seriously sick of the"racists will die off" bs people naively buy into. The current old racists were the racist youths back in the civil rights era and the racist Twitter trolls and Alt Right bloggers are going to be the people who work their way into authority positions in the future. Shit's not dying that easily and it's a minimization of what minorities have to go through to treat it like it's so easily cured.

Crocodile

I'm not religious at all so nothing makes me swerve faster

I legit think every Black Woman who I've ever spoken to in my life on the subject of religion has been religious. Aren't there studies that have said Black women are among the most religious groups in the States? Wouldn't surprise me if true.

I feel for the character to an extent but real talk - not telling your girlfriend you're an atheist before you meet her religious family is bullshit.

Don't know her name, but I saw the pic when.my girlfriend told me to pick out a swimsuit. Despite being the same body type she told me no.

Too much nerd talk!

Adaora Akubilo

Joelle Kayembe

Damaris Lewis

Arlenis Sosa Peña

Tomiko Fraser Hines

Rissikat Bade

Emanuela De Paula

Oluchi Onweagba

I activate my Beautiful Black Women trap card. Slayven is confused and unable to post for five turns.

giphy.gif

Y'all have done a great service <3

RedSwirl

On safe spaces, the latter. Alt right will tell you it's the former though (or worse).

So I'm reading the Wiki article on this stuff and it basically suggests "place where you're sure people won't give you a hard time for being gay or brown." The Criticism section has a quote that says making a place "safe" implies other places are "unsafe," which itself carries the implication that the world in general, or just college campuses in this case, are still unsafe for LGBT or brown or other types of people. Maybe that's just an uncomfortable thought for some people to have. I guess the point where I get confused is when people talk about safe spaces being bubbles away from "opposing viewpoints." But what are those opposing viewpoints they want these people to be exposed to?

I don't know. To be honest I've never really liked the way terms like "offensive" are used these days. I feel like the conversation should be rephrased into something like "showing minority groups basic human respect."

And when it comes to trigger warnings, what's an example of "upsetting material?" Like, I don't know, something that would remind a sexual assault victim of their experiences?

Kreed

I legit think every Black Woman who I've ever spoken to in my life on the subject of religion has been religious. Aren't there studies that have said Black women are among the most religious groups in the States? Wouldn't surprise me if true.

Things important to black women according to the OkCupid Online Dating app:

wwS5pyY.png

I feel for the character to an extent but real talk - not telling your girlfriend you're an atheist before you meet her religious family is bullshit.

One of the many (many) things that don't make sense in that clip IMO. If this guy was hiding being an Atheist to his girlfriend the entire time they were dating, why would he then "out himself" in front of her heavily religious drinking orange soda out of a wine glass family in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom