• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTx81ENh.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

if i were them, i definitely wouldn't have wanted this to leak so many days in advance.
I've for nothing to back this up: they've got a few people in the league who want to do it and showing that a whole team will do it just supports players who want to do it but are shook.

Dude knelt tonight. Even got the white girl out here.

They'll be better off with numbers. Once it's not just one person and multiple players that people like, the story will start breaking the right way.

Say what you want but LeBron, Cam, Richard Sherman, have a lot of say and move the topic into a better place.

Sch1sm

I'm gonna start a Civ V game. Bought it in like 2011 or something but never touched it. Just did the tutorials. Tips?

Des is right. Kill Gandhi ASAP. Dude will destroy you in a culture victory too quickly.

I always end up in a domination victory because I destroy everyone, mostly because I lose all my allies/friendly nations since they become afraid of my growing military presence along the borders of my cities. Science victory is the only other victory I've ever managed and it's through strategic city placement because of key resources. Keep up with that. Or at least stay friendly with nations with crucial parts you need.

Make sure your people are happy, always, or at least netting happy, else you suffer gold deficits. When in doubt, remember you can choose specifically for all productivity to go toward food rather than any other goods. City-states can be useful to have on your side. Don't neglect them.

Tips are really good in this game, and they'll pretty much hold your hand through what you should do. What you should focus on, whether it be military, building, economy, the works. Keep them on, it'll pull you properly into the game.

Sch1sm

Science is the engine behind everything though. Better troops, beat others to key Wonders, etc.

Oh, 100%. Gotta get the right things at the right times, most importantly, you gotta go fast.

That last point is especially important if you want to go for a Culture Victory. Y'know. If you become Gandhi yourself and decide to take a crack at it.

Neat video I found about black cosplayers.
https://www.facebook.com/theundefeatedsite/videos/1736237059961639/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I'd be more brash than that brother if someone asked me if I was Miles Morales when I clearly have a Peter Parker costume on. "Motherfucker, if I was cosplaying Miles Morales, wouldn't I be wearing a Miles Morales costume?" That PS4 Spider-man costume is dope btw.

I disagree with old girl about the money thing. I ain't going to do if I'm going to look like shit. I can't have fun if I know I look tacky. My shit got to be decent.

shingi70

Banned
https://www.facebook.com/theundefeatedsite/videos/1736237059961639/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I'd be more brash than that brother if someone asked me if I was Miles Morales when I clearly have a Peter Parker costume on. "Motherfucker, if I was cosplaying Miles Morales, wouldn't I be wearing a Miles Morales costume?"

I disagree with old girl about the money thing. I ain't going to do if I'm going to look like shit. I can't have fun if I know I look tacky. My shit got to be decent.

Agreed, I'm pushing back my Green Arrow cosplay because my girlfriend doesn't have enough time with out working her self ragged to make one. Planning to go as T shirt and jeans superman now.

I love when all the cis people come in to declare a shitty trans joke as totally not offensive. Completely ignoring me and my explanation for why it is.

I'd say I'm shocked but that'd be a lie

Edit: Some people listened though which is nice...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I love when all the cis people come in to declare a shitty trans joke as totally not offensive. Completely ignoring me and my explanation for why it is.

Boy that thread went to shit pretty
quickly, you fought the good fight though.

Slayven

Woke up and saw the title of threat and said this will not end well.

Slayven

I never been cool with the "just jokes" respones, or the people say that shit should be offensive.

If shit should be offsenive how come Andrew Dice Clay ain't headlining anymore?

A joke can be offensive and be funny, if it is just offensive than whats the point?

I never been cool with the "just jokes" respones, or the people say that shit should be offensive.

If shit should be offsenive how come Andrew Dice Clay ain't headlining anymore?

A joke can be offensive and be funny, if it is just offensive than whats the point?

Exactly.

Then again people round here really seem to believe comics ought to have no responsibility for their jokes.

Probably comes from many of them having certain privileges that you known preclude them from ever being dehumanizing or their existence trivialized or their social oppression narrative reinforced (even unintentionally) by a joke.

Slayven

Exactly.

Then again people round here really seem to believe comics ought to have no responsibility for their jokes.

Probably comes from many of them having certain privileges that you known preclude them from ever being dehumanizing or their existence trivialized or their social oppression narrative reinforced (even unintentionally) by a joke.

I think the internet has just lowered the bar, when people's standard for humor is some neckbeard screaming through 5 minutes of quick edits on youtube, you can kind see why they cosign the shit they cosign.

I'd be more brash than that brother if someone asked me if I was Miles Morales when I clearly have a Peter Parker costume on. "Motherfucker, if I was cosplaying Miles Morales, wouldn't I be wearing a Miles Morales costume?" That PS4 Spider-man costume is dope btw.

It was impossible for me to know that girl was cosplaying Rey...because she wasn't in White face.

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom