• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I love when all the cis people come in to declare a shitty trans joke as totally not offensive. Completely ignoring me and my explanation for why it is.

I'd say I'm shocked but that'd be a lie

Edit: Some people listened though which is nice...
It's always the same goddamn posts.

"Hey, I'm a cishet white dude that will never know the minority experience but let me tell you how you should feel about this joke"

QRAtJfa.gif

BuPaUAU.png

Clearly I should've found a gif instead of just posting the quote literally a few posts up. The eye movement always gets me

It's always the same goddamn posts.

"Hey, I'm a cishet white dude that will never know the minority experience but let me tell you how you should feel about this joke"

My favorites: the comedy is pure and must never be tainted by criticism and analysis brigade showed up.

Literally criticize one joke and people act like all of comedy is under attack and about to be censured forever.

Gattsu25

Banned
Wow...not sure if everyone saw this thread but Native Americans are protesting, in what's being described as the largest protest gathering of Native Americans ever, the oil companies' plan to dig up an ancestral grave site to build an oil pipeline. The oil companies responded to the protest by pepper spraying and siccing their attack dogs on the protestors:
hUabA2I.jpg

(Yes, that is protestor blood on the dog's teeth)

The North Dakota Governor is mobilizing the National Guard in anticipation of a ruling for whether the graves will be desecrated by continuing with the pipeline.

As far as I can tell, nothing on the news.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1274688

Samara

Wow...not sure if everyone saw this thread but Native Americans are protesting, in what's being described as the largest protest gathering of Native Americans ever, the oil companies' plan to dig up an ancestral grave site to build an oil pipeline. The oil companies responded to the protest by pepper spraying and siccing their attack dogs on the protestors:
hUabA2I.jpg

The North Dakota Governor is mobilizing the National Guard in anticipation of a ruling for whether the graves will be desecrated by continuing with the pipeline.

Natives ...completely decimated. I feel really sorry for their culture. But people love to bring that they are part native, like stfu.

D i Z

Mornin all.

hUabA2I.jpg

Big news ain't touching this one with a ten foot pole. This isn't the kind of minority conflict they want to dangle out there because they can't wolf whistle their way out of it, and those oil companies don't pay em to turn on their own people over the rights of others.

Bronx-Man

Banned
hUabA2I.jpg

I've got friends traveling up to North Dakota today to make a short film about the pipeline protests. I hope to god they'll be alright.

Fam I haven't had time to see Atlanta yet. How grave are my sins?

Don't let me down, man. If you let me down....I don't know what I'd do.

hUabA2I.jpg

I'll spread this news around. Fucking big oil.

Crocodile

I haven't popped in here for a bit and I see some big stuff went down :O

A) Congrats to Malyse's dad for beating back cancer

B) My condolences to Momotaro and his family. Stay strong!

sub-buzz-3366-1473350189-1.png

This subtle brag.

YAAAAAAASSSS FLOTUS YAAAAAAASSSSS

GIVE EM ALL THAT FIGURE!!!

This is a nice shot <3

jmood88

On the newest Endurance Run, his questions about payday lending and rent-to-own places and his comments about how the people who use them are dumb (and this is after he somehow just learned that they existed on the day that episode was recorded) reminded me of how he has apparently lived in an impenetrable white privilege bubble until he started working at Giant Bomb.

Lucini

Banned

All the crazies on my FB feed are mad as hell about this picture and I'm loving that reaction so far. It just plain kills them that we have a Black first family and that they've had to eat shit for 8 years about it. I hope Hillary wins just to have that same sub-set of people get 4 more years of salt.

I live in a conservative part of California so I deal with these assholes all the time. California entitlement and repeated Rush Limbaugh listenings...the worst.

Slayven

On the newest Endurance Run, his questions about payday lending and rent-to-own places and his comments about how the people who use them are dumb (and this is after he somehow just learned that they existed on the day that episode was recorded) reminded me of how he has apparently lived in an impenetrable white privilege bubble until he started working at Giant Bomb.

I doubt he will be challenged too much

hUabA2I.jpg

And compare this to what happened to the Bundys and their compatriots.

I wish the pipeline protestors all the best.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hUabA2I.jpg

Yesterday I went to the Tulsa protest. It feels big, but it gets no traction. Fortunately Tulsa media is all over it, but man, it feels like it can't crack real national news for the life of us.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yesterday I went to the Tulsa protest. It feels big, but it gets no traction. Fortunately Tulsa media is all over it, but man, it feels like it can't crack real national news for the life of us.

They should get them to play the national anthem before the company tries to start working and film the protesters sitting down. National media will fly over in droves.

Aiustis

hUabA2I.jpg

More fucked up than desecrating graves is the serious health implications for the community. They are running an oil pipline near people's water, near people's homes, people's livelyhoods. We seen so many times what happens with oil. Oil seriously ruins shit.

hUabA2I.jpg

Native American after rebuilding centuries trying to get back the most oppressed by white people title belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom