• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba T

Break a leg. Bubba.

Thanks bro. I've been sitting here working on school stuff and researching the firms I will meet. I still have to put in time to work on this information dump that is the CPA exam itself. Last semester in school is hectic for sure.

Malyse

rnqY7mH.png

Feedback plz.

I'm worried that the name isn't obvious.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok so the movie is dmca'd but heres the trailer for Color Adjustment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXtl6b2VJM
Very Captivating, it won the 1992 Peabody Award. The woman who played Florida in the Good Times has some VERY strong words against the character she played in the early days of television. She at one point specifically said that went she got handed the script for Good Times, she demanded that there would be a black father character for her because the shows at the time didn't want to portray a black man because they thought it would be too "Frightening" for white audiences. I'm sure you guys can find the documentary on Amazon video or something.

I'm glad I never get drunk like Gordon does.

This is an intervention GORDON PLEASE STOP DRINKING. Look at me. Have I ever drank alcohol? OF COURSE NOT.

Ok so the movie is dmca'd but heres the trailer for Color Adjustment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXtl6b2VJM
Very Captivating, it won the 1992 Peabody Award. The woman who played Florida in the Good Times has some VERY strong words against the character she played in the early days of television. She at one point specifically said that went she got handed the script for Good Times, she demanded that there would be a black father character for her because the shows at the time didn't want to portray a black man because they thought it would be too "Frightening" for white audiences. I'm sure you guys can find the documentary on Amazon video or something.

I'll give this a watch. I've watched a lot of stuff on how the casts of these shows felt about them back then and how the shows got made and such so this is really interesting to me.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm glad I never get drunk like Gordon does.

This is an intervention GORDON PLEASE STOP DRINKING. Look at me. Have I ever drank alcohol? OF COURSE NOT.

I'll give this a watch. I've watched a lot of stuff on how the casts of these shows felt about them back then and how the shows got made and such so this is really interesting to me.

The difference between me and gordon is that he unironically likes alf. its like a mirror. except he's the true shadow.

Also you won't be disappointed Fawful. It kinda favors the 60s over the 70s and especially the 80 s buts its still a good educational watch. good time s could have been great if Dynomite kid didn't get bumped to meme status.

The difference between me and gordon is that he unironically likes alf. its like a mirror. except he's the true shadow.

Also you won't be disappointed Fawful. It kinda favors the 60s over the 70s and especially the 80 s buts its still a good educational watch. good time s could have been great if Dynomite kid didn't get bumped to meme status.

Yeah, everyone was mad at Jimmy Walker. I wouldn't have wanted to work with him on that show- I bet he rubbed it in everyone's face.

��

Guess I'm give you a quarter of a pass, considering I've actually talked to your ass..unlike this fuckboi with opinions. BE RIGHT THERE!

B-but my joke was mild!

Gordon, look, ese, I...

[looks out window and sees Shy coming up my driveway]

How'd he get here so fast! No, Gordon, please! Call Shy and let him know it was just a joke, ese! IT WAS JUST A JOKE, ESE!

[Shy kicks down my door - it's in splinters]

SHY, HERMANO....heheheheheh.....what are you doing here, maaan.....

[Shy advances on me]

Shy, look, Gordon and me, we were just kidding around, okay. Ju... [trips backwards over chair] We were just joking around!

[Shy advances faster]

SHY! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! GORDON I'M SORRY NOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[Shy grabs me]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[suddenly, I realize Shy is hugging me]

HHHHhhhh.....uh? What the fuck?

Shy: This is your final warning...[sarcastically] HERMANO. Don't let me down. If you let me down, I don't know what I'd do. Oh, let me call someone to fix your door before I go. I'll pay for that, don't worry.

Sch1sm

I blame Google!!! ��

GEEZUZ..lol. How bad is it??

Oh, I wasn't kidding when I said it could be much worse. It's not bad. You got the better end of Google Translate for this one. I'd probably use waan rabaa over doonayaa inaan u (& I'm also certain you can drop the u), but that's a preference thing? I'm pretty sure it's accurate. My Somali is B-tier, though. Numb's gonna have to confirm, he's the one who was subjected to Eastleigh. I speak Swahili at home, I only get cussed in Somali at this point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*I'm also lazy, so. Ila ciyaar is fine? "Play with me."

Bonus:
Unataka kucheza michezo miwili?
��

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah, everyone was mad at Jimmy Walker. I wouldn't have wanted to work with him on that show- I bet he rubbed it in everyone's face.

B-but my joke was mild!

Gordon, look, ese, I...

How'd he get here so fast! No, Gordon, please! Call Shy and let him know it was just a joke, ese! IT WAS JUST A JOKE, ESE!

[Shy advances on me]

Shy, look, Gordon and me, we were just kidding around, okay. Ju... [trips backwards over chair] We were just joking around!

[Shy advances faster]

[Shy grabs me]

Shy: This is your final warning...[sarcastically] HERMANO. Don't let me down. If you let me down, I don't know what I'd do. Oh, let me call someone to fix your door before I go. I'll pay for that, don't worry.
2pjPTt6.gif

I try

Fake edit: I made this gif today just for this, do not steal.

Zekes!

Shit, just got that Dragon Quest 7

was waiting for a copy I ordered online from Best Buy and happened to be out and about today so I snagged one so I could return my online order later.

Shy

B-but my joke was mild!

Gordon, look, ese, I...

[Shy advances on me]

[Shy advances faster]

[Shy grabs me]

Phd9ZuW.gif

Mizerman

B-but my joke was mild!

Gordon, look, ese, I...

[Shy advances on me]

[Shy advances faster]

[Shy grabs me]

Mob Boss Shy confirmed.

This is what I imagine you advancing on somebody to look like. Except you're walking up to give them a hug and tell them how nice they look and ask them if they lost weight. :D

DHYcOXR.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goddamnit, I just realized if the BCT were the Sopranos, I would be Ralph Cifaretto.

Shy

GGs, brother..gnite.
Night big bro.

Sorry i didn't play with you guys today.
Mob Boss Shy confirmed.
This is what I imagine you advancing on somebody to look like. Except you're walking up to give them a hug and tell them how nice they look and ask them if they lost weight. :D

DHYcOXR.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goddamnit, I just realized if the BCT were the Sopranos, I would be Ralph Cifaretto.
LOL.

Malyse

brown skin as a costume... i thought Disney would know better...
Wondering how this got past them

I'm not surprised at all.

its not, also can the main title be in a higher res and softer? makes it look like a jpeg.
Ok now i see what it means. Either do upside or left and right but no both at the same time.

Took a sec
Not drunk either

I still don't know what the one in back says

I've been trying to read this for 5 minutes

Alright, lemme try a different version. For the record, this is only one flip: a vertical mirror effect.

This is some satanic shit.

This makes me want to leave it as is. 😰

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom