• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

OeofNaA.jpg
Which one is you did this?

botprince

Neo Member
Just wanted to say hello.

I don't post much but I wanted to say that it's nice that there is a black culture thread, even if i just lurk

As an
Atlantic D:
Canadian woman, the struggle to find other black people is real.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I don't post much but I wanted to say that it's nice that there is a black culture thread, even if i just lurk

As an
Atlantic D:

Welcome!

Malyse

As an
Atlantic D:

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -
Marvel or DC? -
Favorite superhero? -
Anime or Nah? -
Favorite sport and team? -
What's your favorite Disney movie? -
What's your favorite video game and genre? -

fill this out plz.

-----

Two job offers. One is a 12 month contract job (bleh) in NY (bleh), but it's all design work (ooh). The other is a permanent position (ooh) as a consultant (ooh) with lots of travel and paid training (ooh), but it's coding (bleh) in Atlanta. Wish I could combine them: a permanent design consultant position with lots of travel and paid training.

botprince

Neo Member
Welcome!

ffftucY.jpg

Salud!

Thank you

fill this out plz.

-----

Two job offers. One is a 12 month contract job (bleh) in NY (bleh), but it's all design work (ooh). The other is a permanent position (ooh) as a consultant (ooh) with lots of travel and paid training (ooh), but it's coding (bleh) in Atlanta. Wish I could combine them: a permanent design consultant position with lots of travel and paid training.

Congrats on the job offers.

As for this, let's see what I can do..

Where you're from - Nigeria (Port Harcourt) Family moved to Canada when I was young

Where you live - Currently live In Nova Scotia

What is your age? - 26

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Nigerian, Nigerian, Nigerian..?

Do you know your roots - Sadly, no.

Favorite musical genre - Pop, I guess. I don't listen to music as much as I used to. As long as I like how it sounds, I'm okay with it.

Your profession/major/career interest - Currently an Oiler. I work in the engine room on a ship. I was studying for my Marine Engineering ticket but I took some time off.

Your religious affiliation - None

Hobbies - I don't really have any. I'd like to try some new things this coming year.

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I cannot give an honest answer as we only have KFC on the island

Marvel or DC? - Depends. DC Animation blows Marvel out of the water, but Marvel Cinematic cannot compare to DC. In terms of comics, I'm not partial to any one of them. They both have books I enjoy reading.

Favorite superhero? - T'challa, it's true.
Happy he stood with Cap in Civil War 2, Captain Marvel needs to stop, Guardians need to go anywhere else in the galaxy but earth.

Anime or Nah? - Yes, I do watch. Haven't watched as much as I used to.

Favorite sport and team? - I'm not a huge sport watcher but from what I've seen of baseball, I like it. My favourite team is the Blue Jays, couldn't tell you why though. It just seem like they are a lot of fun.

What's your favorite Disney movie? - Lion
Anastasia
King. Pixar: Incredibles. Not animated: Never really thought about it

What's your favorite video game and genre? - Favourite genre is open world RPG. Favourite game is well.. Final Fantasy VII. Nostalgia is real. I never even finished the thing! Of the games I've played lately, FarCry Primal was the one I enjoyed the most.

Sch1sm

BTW added another question to the ice breaker:
What's your favorite video game and genre? -

Oh, boy, tough.

Single genre? You got me messed up. Puzzle/Strategy > Horror > Fighters. I'm too indecisive for that ish, DD. My favourite game of all time is Gears of War 2.

---

Welcome to the BCT, botprince!

HeySeuss

Hey guys. About a year ago I posted in this thread that I'm a cop and I'm putting together some bias training for officers that would hopefully give some perspective and understanding to the current issues that police have with the black community. I asked you guys what I should include and general advice for how I should go about it.

I have roughly 80% done and I was hoping to post an outline of what I have so far and see what you all think of it?

I'd appreciate any feedback you could give because I have aspirations to pushing this out to other departments. We actually are piloting a new training platform for greater accountability for new officers that identifies deficiencies and share the training records state wide. It would keep people from resigning ahead of being fired, only to move to another department (which is sadly a very common issue). I think I can piggyback my training along with the pilot program.

Let me know if it's ok to post it here to share. Thanks!

LionPride

Banned
Hey guys. About a year ago I posted in this thread that I'm a cop and I'm putting together some bias training for officers that would hopefully give some perspective and understanding to the current issues that police have with the black community. I asked you guys what I should include and general advice for how I should go about it.

I have roughly 80% done and I was hoping to post an outline of what I have so far and see what you all think of it?

I'd appreciate any feedback you could give because I have aspirations to pushing this out to other departments. We actually are piloting a new training platform for greater accountability for new officers that identifies deficiencies and share the training records state wide. It would keep people from resigning ahead of being fired, only to move to another department (which is sadly a very common issue). I think I can piggyback my training along with the pilot program.

I'm hella interested

Also @ the bolded, why is this so similar to how the church treated priests accused of molestation. Shit's bad

Malyse

I guess I'll fill this out since I still haven't

Where you're from - Virginia
Where you live - Virginia
What is your age? - 25 repeating until I look older
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American, Eastern part of Africa (I forget which country)
Do you know your roots - Some of them
Favorite musical genre - Experimental Pop with Electronica elements and dense composition
Your profession/major/career interest - Design
Your religious affiliation - Southern Baptist
Hobbies - Creation
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I'm a better cook than any of those suckas
Marvel or DC? - Gwenpool and Harley Quinn
Favorite superhero? - Tomboy
Anime or Nah? - Precure > DBZ
Favorite sport and team? - Basketball and a good game
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Enchanted
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Spectrobes, PSO/Monster Hunter or Musou. Anything with a 4P co-op and custom characters

Malyse

I remember that. Please do.

D i Z

I'd like to see what you've got so far as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom