• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're opening a can of chiles for your wife, then suddenly fall on the ground screaming, real tears falling from your eyes, pretending you accidentally cut all of your fingers open. Then when she's freaked out and about to call the hospital you scream "GOTCHA!" and laugh hysterically like an asshole.

Good thing I only THOUGHT ABOUT doing that, right, everybody.

giphy.gif

LionPride

Banned
When you're opening a can of chiles for your wife, then suddenly fall on the ground screaming, real tears falling from your eyes, pretending you accidentally cut all of your fingers open. Then when she's freaked out and about to call the hospital you scream "GOTCHA!" and laugh hysterically like an asshole.

giphy.gif

My man, you evil

Shy

giphy.gif
bmVRRsC.gif

giphy.gif

C1j6x20.gif

Mizerman

giphy.gif

a1GCl.gif

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

giphy.gif

9293b5003256ae013ee6481e7b72eb4f.jpg

guess who you are in this situation.

Bubba T

giphy.gif

cebb2710b0683669274a9b78a1121f1a.gif

ROFL

The funny thing is that if I'd have actually done that, her real reaction would've been to watch me silently for about a minute then say, "Are you done?"

giphy.gif

Man...what?

Furyous

Fawf doing his best to get sexiled to the couch permanently. Wife prolly looked at him like Iwishuwouldtrysomeshitlikethat.

Console me BCT as I lost a gig on Wednesday because I followed through with the training I received only to get told by a manager that "we don't cut corners here". Of course I had a job interview for the same gig at another place on Friday and was basically offered the job pending work history check. There's one problem: it's in a racist part of town.

I went to the area and had a white male in a truck stalk me around the area. This happened as I almost caught the fade with some pure white angel adulterated that was smiling one minute, saw me, meanmugged me, and suddenly got scared as I gave her the scary black man "bitch please TRY ME face. I am more than willing to respect the patriarchy and have us come to a mutual understanding of appropriate conduct involving intercultural interactions. I turned around a city official saw me and asked what I was doing there to which I asked him for his badge number. He couldn't produce one so I laughed in his face, stood there for a few seconds waiting on him to make the next move, then went on about my business since he wasn't bout that life.

Bubba T

Fawf doing his best to get sexiled to the couch permanently. Wife prolly looked at him like Iwishuwouldtrysomeshitlikethat.

Console me BCT as I lost a gig on Wednesday because I followed through with the training I received only to get told by a manager that "we don't cut corners here". Of course I had a job interview for the same gig at another place on Friday and was basically offered the job pending work history check. There's one problem: it's in a racist part of town.

I went to the area and had a white male in a truck stalk me around the area. This happened as I almost caught the fade with some pure white angel adulterated that was smiling one minute, saw me, meanmugged me, and suddenly got scared as I gave her the scary black man "bitch please TRY ME face. I am more than willing to respect the patriarchy and have us come to a mutual understanding of appropriate conduct involving intercultural interactions. I turned around a city official saw me and asked what I was doing there to which I asked him for his badge number. He couldn't produce one so I laughed in his face, stood there for a few seconds waiting on him to make the next move, then went on about my business since he wasn't bout that life.

Sounds like a great start to the week! >_>

D i Z

giphy.gif

The only crime I see here is that you're not teaching the path of chaos to others.

Dereck

giphy.gif
e0HQuMQ.gif

Sch1sm

Jeez, that's a rough one. Sorry about the lost opportunity(/ies?). The ending, though, ha.

No adjustments. No patches inbound. Learn to play inverted or GTFO.

I'm that minority the gaming world. Legacy southpaw/inverted.

D i Z

Anyone here played Xenogears?

Is it hot it the streets?

Edit:
Secret Fawful you been on this site for too long

It was great... decades ago. They over reached on quite a bit, but back then it was forgivable because they took chances. Not sure if any of it holds up now, I haven't revisited it in a while.

Secret Fawful, you were right about Freezing. I watched just a few minutes of the first episode and it was some stupid shit. I like titties like any lesbian, but that shit was ridiculous.

I also saw something called Guilty Crown on my harddrive. Is that any good?

Kreed

giphy.gif

u4YJnUV.gif

Malyse

I gotta say, I thought it would be facial gonorrhoea or facial chlamydia that would end harson, not crazy stalker chick.

Also, I found Prototype Victor's recording software: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autorap-by-smule/id524299475?mt=8

Shy, did you hack me? I have a lot of games I didn't buy on Steam and PSN. I don't have receipts for them either.
Secret Fawful, you were right about Freezing. I watched just a few minutes of the first episode and it was some stupid shit. I like titties like any lesbian, but that shit was ridiculous.

Do you want lesbian anime reccs?

Sch1sm

Know there's plenty of you on PS4 with PS+. Try out Journey. It's short, more of an environmental story than a told one. Your only communication is this symbol that appears when you hit circle. Really loved the way they pulled anonymous co-op play in with it (you find out who you met along the way at the very end), so you get help from people along the way (especially now since it was just free). Soundtrack is dope, as well.

Zekes!

Know there's plenty of you on PS4 with PS+. Try out Journey. It's short, more of an environmental story than a told one. Your only communication is this symbol that appears when you hit circle. Really loved the way they pulled anonymous co-op play in with it (you find out who you met along the way at the very end), so you get help from people along the way (especially now since it was just free). Soundtrack is dope, as well.

I played Journey once, months after it came out on PS3. Awesome experience. I will never play that game again

Sch1sm

I played Journey once, months after it came out on PS3. Awesome experience. I will never play that game again

Oh, absolutely. It's a one and done kind of game. Never gonna be experienced properly in future. I can't even bring myself to keep it installed and go through again just to 100% it.

Nah, I'm good. Oh and Schism, girl, I still got to talk to you about Zootopia.

It feels weird and so wonderful to be playing Resident Evil 4 again.

Told you, I'm ready w h e n e v e r. I am here. I'm prepared.

----

Gonna finally try at Furi now.

Zekes!

Nah, I'm good. Oh and Schism, girl, I still got to talk to you about Zootopia.

It feels weird and so wonderful to be playing Resident Evil 4 again.

Are you playing the PS4 version?

Been thinking of grabbing it down the line. I haven't played it since the Wii version

Oh, absolutely. It's a one and done kind of game. Never gonna be experienced properly in future. I can't even bring myself to keep it installed and go through again just to 100% it.

Yeah I know some people out there talking about getting all the trophies or how they play it every few months...I just couldn't do it. I love what I got out of the game, and that's all I need. Undertale was another case where I played it once, and I'm good. Though that one has more reason to play it again and again (and the kids I work with kept pestering me to get all the endings).

I'm surprised you made it a few minutes. Haven't seen Guilty Crown but it looks and sounds like garbage. Sorry I can't be more help there. I'm pretty picky about this stuff because I want to avoid the garbage as best as I can.

Lol That's one of the least likely things to ever happen.

Are you playing the PS4 version?

Been thinking of grabbing it down the line. I haven't played it since the Wii version

PS3. I took a while for me to get used to the controls. I still don't know if I want to use the d-pad or analog sticks. I've been playing a lot of old 2d games lately and still not used to 3D games again. A lot of stuff I forgotten and a lot I remember. The Hunnigan character I remember wondering if she was part black in RE2 because it looked like she had cornrows, but with the updated res I can see that it was not cornrows.

*slightly chagrined about not getting to talk Yuri anime again*
Is there even any good new shit? I vaguely remember last year some people going at Crunchyroll for not having shit

Ain't no one out here producing fictional lesbian shit except OitNB, Steven Universe and Lindsey Graham

D i Z

I went back to journey after one play through and I had a thought that kind of put the breaks on doing it again. If you do the first play through "well enough", you come back a little different. I think it's common knowledge at this point, but I'll avoid the details and spoilers.

Anyway, it struck me that it is an experience that people don't want to relive again, even though most will say in a positive manner that they got so much out of it.
I think this is mostly true.
But what I believe that most people got out of it was confusion or shaky ground to stand on, and a solid reason to look no further into the what they found the first time around.
On a basic emotional level, I think that most people interpret their time with the game as a threat.

I started a second play through, but I stopped. I went on my own "journey" in between those games, and didn't find the presentation to be anywhere nearly as complex or bewildering as proper lived in honest experience. SO I've had a question for those that have played, why they honestly won't play again.

Not sure if that makes much sense with me being evasive with details.

D i Z

Hey new guy, welcome to the thread. Fill out the forms on the first page, plz.

Sorry.

Where you're from - Brexitville
Where you live - Angel city
What is your age? - My kind doesn't age, we just fade away.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - British born Jamaican. Completely devoid of a soul.
Do you know your roots - Some are grey. I have no names for them.
Favorite musical genre - Eveything stupid.
Your profession/major/career interest - Got a leak? I've got a thumb for it.
Your religious affiliation - Depend on which hell I get sent to.
Hobbies - Questionnaires.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Rat meat is better with kimchi or proper condiments.
Marvel or DC? - DC needs to stop wasting my time. Will walk a really long distance for Wonder Woman just to prove a point though.
Favorite superhero? - Johnny Alpha/ Halo Jones.
Anime or Nah? - Anime was good when we got them at the con on vhs.
Favorite sport and team? - Lakers/Clips. Aston Villa. U.S Womens soccer, Japans Womens Soccer. The sport where the losers jump of a cliff with the winning teams women. Middle fingers in the sun, and all that.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - quite a few Touchstone films in the 90's.

Sch1sm

I went back to journey after one play through and I had a thought that kind of put the breaks on doing it again. If you do the first play through "well enough", you come back a little different. I think it's common knowledge at this point, but I'll avoid the details and spoilers.

Anyway, it struck me that it is an experience that people don't want to relive again, even though most will say in a positive manner that they got so much out of it.
I think this is mostly true.
But what I believe that most people got out of it was confusion or shaky ground to stand on, and a solid reason to look no further into the what they found the first time around.
On a basic emotional level, I think that most people interpret their time with the game as a threat.

I started a second play through, but I stopped. I went on my own "journey" in between those games, and didn't find the presentation to be anywhere nearly as complex or bewildering as proper lived in honest experience. SO I've had a question for those that have played, why they honestly won't play again.

Not sure if that makes much sense with me being evasive with details.

On a personal level? It's not that the game is incapable of offering me something on a second play through. I spent my first third of it like what the actually hell is going on, when does this end and how long till I get there? With my current understanding, that portion would certainly be interpreted by me differently, hundred percent. I wouldn't play it again mostly because it's not my sort of game. Doesn't offer me that competitive aspect to continue on, if that makes sense. There's nothing to get "better" at, nothing more to do outside of more in depth exploration to find things I didn't before. It gave me a surprising change of heart in the second half, but it burnt me out, believe it or not. Cute end and all.

E: Basically, I went through it, and I'm feeling minimal reward in playing once more.

D i Z

On a personal level? It's not that the game is incapable of offering me something on a second play through. I spent my first third of it like what the actually hell is going on, when does this end and how long till I get there? With my current understanding, that portion would certainly be interpreted by me differently, hundred percent. I wouldn't play it again mostly because it's not my sort of game. Doesn't offer me that competitive aspect to continue on, if that makes sense. There's nothing to get "better" at, nothing more to do outside of more in depth exploration to find things I didn't before. It gave me a surprising change of heart in the second half, but it burnt me out, believe it or not. Cute end and all.

If I were to say (not re-interpreting your words, these are mine) that the experience is a bit hollow when approached for a second time, it kind of exposes itself a bit. It's got one note. It's a strong note, but one that doesn't offer much. I absolutely think that everyone should go through it once. But at the same time, try to articulate what they experienced and not just pass along good vibes without context. I think it fails miserably at opening up people to the dialogue that it's attempting to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom