• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ordinary family?

raw

Malyse

Well I finally finished up the Dragon Ball manga and had to write out my thoughts.

From only watching the anime I always thought I liked the Android and Cell saga the best but I think that, at least in terms of the manga, everything after the Freeza Saga is weak except for Gohan beating Cell and Vegeta's eventual redemption. I also definitely prefer the earlier, pre-Saiyan saga, aka Dragon Ball, arcs over the Dragon Ball Z stuff now that I've experienced the whole series properly from start to finish.

I will say that if the manga had continued after the Cell saga with the tone of the Great Saiyaman saga I would have probably preferred that. I always loved that short arc in the anime and when it happened in the manga it reminded me of what I loved about the earlier parts of the series.
Now you gotta read Super.

Slayven

"we need to reinvent our polling, it has failed us"
"Bernie would have won vs Drumpf says poll" TYT

LOL i saw that thread and thought "Haven't we learned anything?"

I got to say I am in a better spot than I was a few days ago, not good. But not where I was Wednesday. BCT has a lot to do with that

LOL i saw that thread and thought "Haven't we learned anything?"

I got to say I am in a better spot than I was a few days ago, not good. But not where I was Wednesday. BCT has a lot to do with that

<3

I can't send enough love to you.

And I think it's clear many haven't learned anything. Alas they will in time.

RedSwirl

Lord help me. My ass is back on facebook after what feels like centuries.

For the longest time I only maintained my account to use this one little invite-only group that was just about professional stuff, but now I'm making like, actual posts and commenting on stuff on my main feed and shit. I'm trying to see if I can do it without getting dragged into the kinds of horror stories I keep hearing.

For one, I'm being extremely selective about where I engage. Probably not gonna step into anything that's too heated. Secondly, I don't actually have a huge number of Facebook "friends," fewer than 300 I believe. Something like half are people I've been tight with (read: actually interacted with a lot in person) throughout my life. A big chunk are family members (black southerners mostly). We'll see how it plays out. I'd honestly hate for my Facebook to become a 100% blue echo chamber. There should be a way to find the more reasonable people who think on the other side of the isle. That is, the ones actually willing to have a discussion. You guys think GAF is that much of an echo chamber? It seems more often than not when dissenting opinions show up on OT the arguments are just awful. I've seen a minority of right-left discussions in OT get sort of just kinda chilly but still seem to be between people with differences in opinion so irreconcilable because they're based on such fundamentally different beliefs.

Oh, and I need to get rid of these "1 mutual friend" friend suggestions on here. Half are probably because of this one cousin I got friending every other thirst-trap picture on FB.

Young Magus

Dawwwwww,

We love you too bruh. Aside from the jokes and the fact you can never really remember who I am, I consider you to be good people. I can fully say that you (and others on BCT and various Gaming community OT ppl /Mods) gave made my stay on GAF worth it.

Zekes!

Now you gotta read Super.

I just started watching the anime 'cause I was under the impression that it was the main version, whereas the manga was the side adaptation

I'm enjoying the vibe of the show so far. I'm about up to episode 10. Seems to be a good balance of the light-heartedness of earlier Dragon Ball but with the power of DBZ

Sch1sm

Y'know. I had a good day today. My prof for Discrete Structures II curved our midterm 10%, and is dropping our lowest quiz mark. Went out with friends for Archery Tag, then we went to the pub on campus. Probably most care free and fun day I've had in a long time. Was nice. Needed stuff. Feeling relaxed.

Hope everyone has a solid weekend, gets out of any rut they're in, the works.

Crocodile

I do not envy the mods one bit.

Because this place is suddenly VERY diet racist.

White Nationalism is normalized yo!

Hey guys I never post here because I didn't want to invade what is a safe space for the black community, but after looking at the OP, I figured it was ok for those interested/sympathetic to speak up. With that out of the way, I wanted to know if any of you were now reconsidering bringing life into this world in light of recent events. My wife is black (about 2/3 of African descent with some Creole and 1/4 Japanese) and we likely weren't going to have kids anyway, but now any glimmer of a chance seems to be gone now. It's hard to deal with the reality that your children would potentially grow up in such a hateful world. This is something I've never had to deal with having grown up in the South as a privileged white Protestant Christian male. I've always been sympathetic to the plight of minorities, but only now is it starting to hit home with me. Even worse, when I looked at where we could possibly move other than America, and it looks like there really isn't a safe place for black people in this world. How do you deal with that kind of reality?

All I can say to you is that no matter how bad things might be soon, the human race, PoC and the United States of America will persevere. Things have been worse. You do what you feel is right for you two but if its something you really ever want to do, start a family, don't let Trump and his "followers" stop you. Don't let them take that away from you if its something you guys ever want and feel you can support.

Zekes!

I'm in the last year of my degree and I'm completely unmotivated in the classes I'm in

doesn't help that one of them is online. Just feels like a helluva lot of redundancy in what I've been learning, though I did transfer from a community college diploma into university. At this point I just wanna be done with school. I feel like my 20's have passed me by

Johndoey

Banned
OT will be a godless minefield for the next however long, so best get accustomed.
--
I still use a 19 inch 720p set so It's probably time to upgrade. Might as well do it the same time I (probably) buy the Xbox.

tumblr_ogi8x0koOo1qgri2wo1_500.png

tumblr_ogi8x0koOo1qgri2wo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ogi8x0koOo1qgri2wo3_1280.jpg

I done asked this once now I'm asking again.... Which one of y'all is John Boyega?!

Christ.....

Boyega is boss

This was literally a campaign where folks said no love doesn't trump hate and people are just crawling over themselves to preach love is all you need, where the fuck was the love when folks needed it to vote down white nationalism?

Love is easy, love is lazy, folks needed solidarity and they got fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom