• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd probably be only Mister Rogers and .. well... yeah. That's pretty much it. Maaaaybe Jimmy Carter? MAYBE? I dug around on him a while back, and I didn't find anything particularly damning. He killed off secret white separatist schools, for example, that tried to sidestep integration.

Mister Rogers was as down as possible for the time. This pic was from a show on the one year anniversary of MLK's assassination:

1993-mrn-episode_sq-e5fa46b06f7cb74f988fe403cca4e8f0b48baf6e-s900-c85.jpg

And yeah, the suffragettes partially had an issue that black men ostensibly got theirs first and partially an issue that they were racist. So they pushed getting women the vote as a way for white men to have more votes against the newly enfranchised Negro.

More suffragette quotes here : http://the-toast.net/2014/04/21/suffragettes-sucked-white-supremacy-womens-rights/

And Ida B. Wells was the true MVP as she fought against white suffragettes: http://www.npr.org/2011/03/25/134849480/the-root-how-racism-tainted-womens-suffrage

Daingurse

WD2

Car: "Your face is too dark for my sensors to read."

Marcus: "Bitch, I'm black and I'm proud."

Haha, that's awesome. I actually pre-ordered Watch Dogs 2 a few days ago. I actually enjoyed the first one in spite of the uncompelling story, and unlikable protagonist. Well I guess I didn't hate Aiden as much as most people, but this new protagonist looks to be much more interesting.

WD2

Car: "Your face is too dark for my sensors to read."

Marcus: "Bitch, I'm black and I'm proud."

Footage of this somewhere?

I've been wondering how they approach to blackness in America in contrast to Mafia III. They're definitely going to be putting this out in the hottest of potential moments.

Izuna

Banned
Footage of this somewhere?

I've been wondering how they approach to blackness in America in contrast to Mafia III. They're definitely going to be putting this out in the hottest of potential moments.

I can't get the footage up sadly

I think Marcus is alright.

cinco

Man, never ceases to amaze me how people like to show their ass at work. My mother, who works in HR told me she legit was hearing folks (and by folks, I do mean rich white men) say various versions of SEE I TOLD YOU AMERICA DIDN'T WANT A WOMAN AS PRESIDENT.

ReiGun

You know, I really do wonder if the "peace and love" talk is just a mutation of the "both sides" rhetoric.

Pretty much. Translated, it means "Other people's pain, anger, and sadness and the expression thereof makes me uncomfortable, and rather than working against the things that bother them, I would just like them to stop."

Ugh. After ST: Beyond, I really am pinning all my hopes on Star Trek Discovery to be a return to form for the franchise. Beyond was a limp noodle of a film and I can't believe the setting for the climax was so close to Into Darkness. It just reeked of a total lack of interesting ideas.

You know, I really do wonder if the "peace and love" talk is just a mutation of the "both sides" rhetoric.

I really want to know how much more peace and love people think will be sufficient from the people suffering the most. They act as though peace and love has never been a technique utilized in every movement for marginalized groups. I really don't want to hear those words again in this climate.

Just read the Trump thread on the gaming side... Smh, what a graveyard.

Took a peek. The couple of posts on the first page were completely right to mock people who think there is such a thing as completely apolitical media. It's even more frustrating to see people slink out to the woodwork with their "not this again/can't we just talk about games" bs as though there aren't a hundred of other pages of topics they can use for sticking their heads in the sand. For them it seems all about insulting and demeaning people in marginalized groups for being concerned about their own well being.

Young Magus

Code:
[IMG]http://67.media.tumblr.com/ae06d0d0c351dd948746e9ec8349d974/tumblr_ogarmc6QIK1ualud2o1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://66.media.tumblr.com/8d3d3b36a62152a1910edbcf0bc38a3e/tumblr_ogarmc6QIK1ualud2o2_500.jpg[/IMG]

Im sorry

Today was half alright. Went with my family to see Almost Christmas. It ain't my thing, but I rode with them so I didn't have much of a choice.

My cousin's cousin that I haven't seen in a while was with us today and after we got out the movies I wasn't trying to look or anything, but she got a donk. I feel weird now for looking.

Village

My cousin's cousin that I haven't seen in a while was with us today and after we got out the movies I wasn't trying to look or anything, but she got a donk. I feel weird now for looking.

I'm pretty sure you just vaguely described the plot to like a large percentage of anime. Some of those anime came out this season.

Dave Chappelle brehs.

That skit where he brought back the characters was fuckin amazing. When Tyrone Biggums popped up I knew I was in for a ride, then Clayton Bigsby with the Trump hat xD.

Zekes!

Today was half alright. Went with my family to see Almost Christmas. It ain't my thing, but I rode with them so I didn't have much of a choice.

attractive relatives are a bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom