• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Go back to where you came drone. That's an unfortunate typo on my part. Definitely meant from*. Edited the original. ��

I'm not sure how other major cities in Canada match up, but Toronto's motto is, "Diversity our Strength," and our municipal government goes out of their way to fund these and raise awareness of a reality people try to ignore simply because we're some melting pot. It's definitely nice. No better city for me out there.

This is as nice as when last Fall, random/arbitrary carding was eliminated across all police forces in the province.

Toronto's multiculturalism definitely stands out to the rest of Canada. It's one of the highlights that comes up when we all talk about the city. I live in Victoria and the city used to be called "more British than the British", so that should tell you about the levels of diversity here up until recently. The island is pretty left wing leaning though, considering we have the only elected Green Party MP. Vancouver is pretty diverse, and they seem to wear that with pride, though there's also a lot of backhanded racism about its Asian population (including South Asians).

I will say this about Victoria though; we easily have the best weather in the country

Morning BcT.

Yeah I think I like the idea of GT more than Super. That said Dragon Ball is still the best thing about the franchise.
I like to think GT had great ideas but poor execution. The shadow dragons arc felt like something that was believable and could fit in the universe, for example.

Dereck

I'd say Goku Black was cooler than any of the other "evil Goku's"
latest

> Black

Ta-Nehisi Coates got white folks mad with this speech at INBOUND16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPbVUJIQHM

that part about patriotism a la carte was good

nobody wants to take ownership of the evil that was perpetrated by America in the past, because it wasn't them so what do they have to do with it, but everybody wants to celebrate the good things as if they were part of it

100%. People should commit that phrase to memory because it's why so many are comfortable existing in a bubble. Picking and choosing the parts of our history that have actual weight and long lasting effects is almost a reflex for many people in this country.

ReiGun

I buy every other pokemon and end up quitting them because of them bullshit arbitrary roadblock the game gives you. Then i come back to the game only to not remember what i have to do next .

They need a quest log or something
They had one in Gen 4 with the journal, but in true Game Freak fashion, they haven't brought it back for some reason.

Imagine the fallout on Gaf if Nintendo ever made a playable black Mario character.

There was a thread once, if I recall, where someone suggested this. Saying they could easily make a Black Mario "brother" or a Black princess character since Mario characters are just simple avatars for player action.

Went about as well as one would expect.

They had one in Gen 4 with the journal, but in true Game Freak fashion, they haven't brought it back for some reason.

There was a thread once, if I recall, where someone suggested this. Saying they could easily make a Black Mario "brother" or a Black princess character since Mario characters are just simple avatars for player action.

Went about as well as one would expect.

Man, what is wrong with people? Getting mad over the idea of a black Mario character.

My soon-to-be ex-friend on Steam is trying to convince me that the Holocaust was faked, the Nazis dindu nuffin, AND that the Jews were responsible for the Slave trade.

2oAqBOr.gif

2oAqBOr.gif

2oAqBOr.gif

My soon-to-be ex-friend on Steam is trying to convince me that the Holocaust was faked, the Nazis dindu nuffin, AND that the Jews were responsible for the Slave trade.

2oAqBOr.gif

2oAqBOr.gif

2oAqBOr.gif

Get that slimy motherfucker off your friends list....like yesterday.

-------------

Just started REmake and I need tips. What should I expect? I already know spiders will be involved and zombies, but got any tips or hints to help me through the nightmare? And don't say fear the old blood, I know I walked into that one, but don't make it obvious.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
So I just heard that Michael Moore thought the DNC should have gone with Oprah as their candidate or Tom Hanks.

Oprah as president. She would have wiped the floor with Trump. 😭

Johndoey

Banned
Keanu as Spike would be fantastic. The concept of remaking Gits is fine, I mean it's ripe for it. Take a heavily flawed movie that's fairly outdated and spruce it up a bit, get a few popular actors for the general audience and harp on about being "faithful" for the die hards. It's just everything past the concept stage that went wrong.

Go back to where you came drone. That's an unfortunate typo on my part. Definitely meant from*. Edited the original. 👀

I'm not sure how other major cities in Canada match up, but Toronto's motto is, "Diversity our Strength," and our municipal government goes out of their way to fund these and raise awareness of a reality people try to ignore simply because we're some melting pot. It's definitely nice. No better city for me out there.

This is as nice as when last Fall, random/arbitrary carding was eliminated across all police forces in the province.

Vancouver is incredibly diverse as well.

Vancouver is a mix of different religions, abilities, sexual orientations, ethnicities and cultural groups from all over the world and Canada's Aboriginal communities. Staff and Council value this diversity, because it is a source of the city's strength, vitality, and prosperity.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusiveness is reflected in our mission statement:
“To create a great city of communities, which cares about its people, its environment, and the opportunities to live, work and prosper.”
To make sure that all of our citizens – regardless of background – have complete access to civic services, and live free of prejudice and discrimination, City staff offer a wide range of programs and support.

http://vancouver.ca/people-programs/diversity-and-multiculturalism.aspx

Malyse

Keanu as Spike would be fantastic. The concept of remaking Gits is fine, I mean it's ripe for it. Take a heavily flawed movie that's fairly outdated and spruce it up a bit, get a few popular actors for the general audience and harp on about being "faithful" for the die hards. It's just everything past the concept stage that went wrong.
This is a terrible post.

Johndoey

Banned
Gotham has consistently excellent cinematography, set design, costume design, and music. It's legitimately a fantastic piece of media. You'll see one day. I will have history on my side.

Zaverious

I agree with you Johndoey on Gotham. One of my favorite shows and I think it's the best superhero comic show on right now. Better than whatever the fuck has been up with Flash since season 2. Arrow s5 is pretty strong right now too. I'd say it's the best CW superhero show on right now.

Nudull

Banned
So, probably a good thing that I just watched the original GitS movie and wiped my hands clean of the Hollywood one? Not even the awesomeness of Depeche Mode could get me hyped for that. XD

...I should probably re-watch Stand Alone Complex, huh?

Mizerman

So, probably a good thing that I just watched the original GitS movie and wiped my hands clean of the Hollywood one? Not even the awesomeness of Depeche Mode could get me hyped for that. XD

Yes. Yes, you should.

Batman is going to look like a dick fighting folsk in wheelchairs and walkers

Ain't the first time. Won't be the last.

I might watch an episode tonight too.

Anybody watched chewing gum on Netflix? I'm dying, good ol'bawdy brit comedy with a black lead.

My brother told me about this. I assumed it was dumb by the thumbnail and description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom