• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Dan Olsen. A straight white male making some of the most not only interesting content on YouTube at the moment but also the most progressive. He just uploaded a video that is a necessary primer for local activism for those of us interested in making waves in the Drumpf years and beyond. Gonna start outlining the issues and strategies I want to implement for making sure we don't go backwards as a nation. It's a hard long road ahead but it always is.

Zekes!

Finished the new A Tribe Called Quest album. Shit is soooooo good. Like I didn't have much expectations but damn. From the first song I was like "you have my attention".

Also fucking Jarobi raps?! And drops some fire bars? What?!

It's hard watching people defend Trump on Facebook. Usually, everything they bring up in support for him is something he's flip-flopped on or he simply cannot deliver.

It's hard watching people defend Trump on Facebook. Usually, everything they bring up in support for him is something he's flip-flopped on or he simply cannot deliver.

It's the writhing of people who don't want to believe or admit they threw their lot in with an unqualified, dangerous imbecile for shaky reasons.

george_us

latest

> Black
Dude got his ass beat by Krillin and Gohan.

Do Better

Finished the new A Tribe Called Quest album. Shit is soooooo good. Like I didn't have much expectations but damn. From the first song I was like "you have my attention".

I'm praying now for a miracle,
a new Outkast album

Here's my beef with Jarobi.

Dude left after the first fuckin album, didn't even spit a single bar on that album. Now he comes back actin like he's been with Tribe thru the Love Movement or some shit.

Zekes!

Dude left after the first fuckin album, didn't even spit a single bar on that album. Now he comes back actin like he's been with Tribe thru the Love Movement or some shit.

Haha, Jabori rapping was probably the biggest surprise for me on an album that ended up being one big surprise. I liked it. He was always mysterious to me, just like a dude that hung out with them but gets considered to be a member. Then he shows up for their final album 26 years after their debut actually rapping? Like I would never have ever imagined that

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Because he wasn't on an album doesn't mean he wasn't involved with the tribe throughout.

Kreed

It's happening on GAF now. A bunch of threads where Trump is announcing alternative plans from what he campaigned on with GAFer's going "That doesn't sound so bad. What are you guys so mad about?".

It's happening on GAF now. A bunch of threads where Trump is announcing alternative plans from what he campaigned on with GAFer's going "That doesn't sound so bad. What are you guys so mad about?".

Oh for fucks sake!! Are we seriously going to forgot about how he got here in the first place?! Really?! When he was campaigning with hate and bigotry?! And trying to deport immigrants and Muslims?! As well as trying to lock Hillary up?! And kept saying that Obama wasn't born in America, to the point that he continued to deny it even when Obama showed his birth certificate?! Really?! Fucking really GAF?! COME ON!!!

Slayven

I think that is what will be his undoing. Not delivering. I am of the mind now the democrats need to sit back and let him cook. Just be ready to jump in when it gets too real. Cause what little power they have now must be used sparingly

What if there is no wall in 4 years?

What if there is no Muslim ban?

What if there are no new jobs?

They can't blame Obama or Congress

Just got to steel up and survive

Johndoey

Banned
I think that is what will be his undoing. Not delivering. I am of the mind now the democrats need to sit back and let him cook. Just be ready to jump in when it gets too real. Cause what little power they have now must be used sparingly

What if there is no wall in 4 years?

What if there is no Muslim ban?

What if there are no new jobs?

They can't blame Obama or Congress
Is that a challenge?

hypernima

Banned

Jarobi's always been a canon member, contributing from the shadows but just doing his own shit in life.

Infinite

morning y'all.

Watched the vid of Ta-nahesi Coates someone posted yesterday in the thread and When he says patriotism a la caurte I stood up out of my desk chair and clapped. So very poignant. America constantly wants to opt out of all the bad shit we do and have done but want to enjoy all the positives. You see it with the results of this election and debate around are trump supporters bigoted if they voted for him. Glad Coates came through with that speech.

Sch1sm

is there really a thread asking if it's wrong to have sex with someone in a committed relationship? I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this.

What got me more is that the user thinks this is a divisive question. When has GAF ever condoned it, or not called someone out for it? That thread is preaching to the choir, no discussion needed.

Infinite

The amount of white people that recently moved into my neighborhood (bed-stuy) is causing me anxiety lol. Almost every week some realtor rings my bell and tries to offer buy my familiy's properties. One realtor even tried to say that the city is trying to foreclose on our home and selling to them is our last out. Can't imagine how many other people got tricked into selling their house or just simply had it taken up from under their noises here.

andthebeatgoeson

Dudes really be on imgur wondering why i posted something. Nikka, cuz photobucket sucks. Stop using imgur for a forum. The app integration sucks and i need a new photo bucket, not likes or hearts.

I ain't got time to find one of the current "understand the white working class" threads to drop this link into so here: http://www.rollcall.com/news/opinio...-the-midwest-the-real-bubble-is-rural-america
Hmmm answer a poll to read the content? What shall i do?

*Close tab*

Infinite

I ain't got time to find one of the current "understand the white working class" threads to drop this link into so here: http://www.rollcall.com/news/opinio...-the-midwest-the-real-bubble-is-rural-america
Agreed. The biggest irony of it all to me is that the Democratic Party is the one that appears care about their economic interests and off setting the negatives effect globalization has on rural America economies but yet they consistently vote for the Republican Party to spite social progress when they couldn't give a fuck about those economic realities. The democrats should do a better job pleading their case to them but definitely not at the expense of alienating their most consistent voting block which are minorities. As a black man who isn't running for public office, I'm not going to infantilize rural America and I'm going to call a spade a spade.

M52B28

Banned
Yeah, I'm feeling like some of you so far. Got my ass out of the bed and finally got back into morning gym sessions.

Looking like a fool rocking my head to this Pete Rock while I'm here.

Had to fax two pages in a hurry. Went to the ups store, and after I faxed them he says "that will be $5.". Mother fucker could have had the decency to pull a gun on me so I could have at least claimed i was robbed.

Who actually has 4k Blu rays? 2% of the public?

If your buying a 4k TV you want to get the most use out of it. 4k programing aint coming anytime soon, 4k streaming doesnt support HDR yet, so being able to at least use it for movies is a value proposition.

Johndoey

Banned
Goddamn 5 bucks for two pages? What new age of highway robbery is this.
--
Obama gripped us tight and raised us from the pit, and half the country decided to throw our asses back in.

Malyse

Gonna get a PS4 slim used for II.8 and the trade it in for a Switch. Then I'll get a PS4Pro when KH3 drops and hope for something as beautiful as
18j4f7r6swzohjpg.jpg

I expect anything else I want to play to hit PC. Particularly with the XBox play anywhere.

Johndoey

Banned
The big PS3 logo kinda ruins the effect. It's a limited edition console just nix the branding that one time.
--
Found a cheap refurbished laptop that's a mite better than my current one. I'll finally be able to play Civ V while it's (sorta) stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom