• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhYWkLj.jpg

Heh

Sch1sm

How about.... letting someone else do the next thread? Radical idea I know.

Like who? You? So we can have concert dates as the OTs opener?

Cross quote from that Obama thread:

Fuck this lady. This is criminal. We used to joke about how he was a plant. But was Hilary a plant?

Did some math and she lost PA, WI and MI by around 100k votes. She really must have thought she was golden. That's not a schedule of someone who lost 8 years ago.

White women privilege can't beat white male privilege. Was she not paying attention to the last 50 years? What black person signed off on this? Tell me one person in here who would think they have any job in the bag? Wouldn't you still be hustling?

Those dates are straight up despicable on her part. It's a race, and a race is to a finish line. She completely neglected her trail beyond the primaries.

andthebeatgoeson

Though some of the most extreme cuts were blocked by the state board of elections, many remained in place through the election. For example, Guilford County reduced the number of polling sites in the first week of early voting from 16 in 2012 to just 1 this year. A GOP memo issued at the end of the state’s early voting period celebrated the inevitable results of those cutbacks: African American turnout had dropped nearly nine percent.

But yeah, tell me about how you aren't participating in this system?

These dudes are racist as fuck and some of my peoples sign on to the system. Yeah, I'm a part of it by voting but so are you by not voting.

Crocodile

Saw my mom get WhatsApp messages from African religious friends and family about priests and pastors saying how Trump is a god sent pawn for the protection of Christians and a preventative measure from the "one world government" that is the step before the antichrist comes. Just about made me sick hearing about their bs visions from god about the holy destiny of the man famous for "grab em by the pussy"

So many religious people really showed their ass this election. As a Catholic, shit like this is what makes me lose faith in organized religion :(

Yeah saw this on my twitter feed. Probably describes a depressingly large number of people accurately :/

Fuck this lady. This is criminal. We used to joke about how he was a plant. But was Hilary a plant?

Did some math and she lost PA, WI and MI by around 100k votes. She really must have thought she was golden. That's not a schedule of someone who lost 8 years ago.

White women privilege can't beat white male privilege. Was she not paying attention to the last 50 years? What black person signed off on this? Tell me one person in here who would think they have any job in the bag? Wouldn't you still be hustling?

While this is all 100% true, I do have to wonder a bit about polling. Pretty much EVERY poll worth its salt said Clinton was winning WI, MI and PA. Internal polling is often better but I wouldn't be surprised if they were saying the same for most of the campaign. If everybody is telling you that you're winning and your own internals are showing you that you're winning, you're probably going to act like you're winning. A lot of people took an L last week - pollsters included. Ain't nobody going to get complacent next time (I hope)

So many religious people really showed their ass this election. As a Catholic, shit like this is what makes me lose faith in organized religion :(

Yeah saw this on my twitter feed. Probably describes a depressingly large number of people accurately :/

While this is all 100% true, I do have to wonder a bit about polling. Pretty much EVERY poll worth its salt said Clinton was winning WI, MI and PA. Internal polling is often better but I wouldn't be surprised if they were saying the same for most of the campaign. If everybody is telling you that you're winning and your own internals are showing you that you're winning, you're probably going to act like you're winning. A lot of people took an L last week - pollsters included. Ain't nobody going to get complacent next time (I hope)

Wisconsin especially. She never trailed on RCP and was leading by an average of 6.5 by election day.

Polls were off 7.5 ish points. That's nuts.

There was nothing indicating Wisconsin was in play.

Damn, she really did get cocky. Probably thought people would vote for her by default.

Malyse

It's more interesting all the people saying no.

Like Carson.

-----

So.
I fucked up.

Something (the devil) told me to put more spices in my applesauce than I usually do. I went way overboard. ~1 tablespoon of nutmeg. <1 tablespoon ginger. 1 tablespoon allspice. 1 tablespoon cloves. Way too goddamn much cinnamon. 2 cups of applesauce.

I cannot feel my tongue.

Man I find out some weird kids shows just looking at what my niece's and nephew watch. Today it was some show that is like a mix between camp nowhere (it's a camp) and Hey Dude. The cast of kids is like "we need one of each" and this one girl has the voice of Morgan Freeman if he was a 14 yr old medium build white girl and a younger ripoff of the Latino kid from Modern Family

harSon

Banned
light skin twins? LOL

Shout out to the twins. I know who I'm going to root for this season.

I take it they're black?

They're not light skin, but yeah - they're black and twins. They were the first friends I had when I moved to San Jose from Pittsburgh back in the early 2000s.

andthebeatgoeson

Wisconsin especially. She never trailed on RCP and was leading by an average of 6.5 by election day.

Polls were off 7.5 ish points. That's nuts.

There was nothing indicating Wisconsin was in play.
But look at it. She's in NY and Massachusetts a while lot. My ass wouldn't expand to Arizona bit be fortunate i won the opportunity and would sure up those areas. She made PA a swing state. She didn't go to the Leigh valley. She did the cities and never anticipated Trump turnout. Yeah, all signs were pointing to a Hillary win but two, very strong campaigns by both parties will equal a close win. Nothing is guaranteed. NY and MA is a better safe state than PA and Florida.

I'm worried about my kids because she took her last chance at an election for granted.

This *gas station sushi is alright.
*Publix sushi
Publix is the truth. 2nd best fast food fried chicken I've had. Those hoagies? Lawd.gif

And the sushi is doable. Easy meal without the fuss.

They're not light skin, but yeah - they're black and twins. They were the first friends I had when I moved to San Jose from Pittsburgh back in the early 2000s.

Ya'll still close? Are the twins identical or fraternal?

I take it they going to be competing against each other and the other contestants rather than be considered one unit.

No because I have to go to work later tonight. Fuck, I want this month to be over now so I can go back to my regular schedule. Should have never picked it up.
It also sucks that I can't even fall asleep now. I think yesterday I was just lying on my bed with my eyes closed until the alarm clock rang.

I am not an anime man. I like the classic gritty/violent anime film and one or two series, no cutesy mess. Now with that said. Attack on Titan. Every time I read about it I like the concept of how it sounds. And one of my homegirls keep telling me it's dope. So I ask for you anime watchers is it worth the viewing? ?/10

I am not an anime man. I like the classic gritty/violent anime film and one or two series, no cutesy mess. Now with that said. Attack on Titan. Every time I read about it I like the concept of how it sounds. And one of my homegirls keep telling me it's dope. So I ask for you anime watchers is it worth the viewing? ?/10

Without a 2nd season, the ending is maddening. It's definitely got a great concept and the animation and battle scenes are amazing but a certain element in the main characters life really sap it of the ability to tell a story with higher stakes. I'd give it a 6/10 maybe. Honestly, if I could go back, I probably wouldn't have watched the latter half of the series.

Without a 2nd season, the ending is maddening. It's definitely got a great concept and the animation and battle scenes are amazing but a certain element in the main characters life really sap it of the ability to tell a story with higher stakes. I'd give it a 6/10 maybe. Honestly, if I could go back, I probably wouldn't have watched the latter half of the series.

Dang that'll get to me when something ends with little to no resolution but... I might as well watch it. I gave deathnote a chance and I dug it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom