• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in two groups in this group communication class and I'm the only one putting in any work. My teacher combined to groups to stop a problem like this from happening and now its just more people that don't put in work. I'm making sure that the teacher knows that I'm the only one who did something on this project.

LotusHD

Banned
I am not an anime man. I like the classic gritty/violent anime film and one or two series, no cutesy mess. Now with that said. Attack on Titan. Every time I read about it I like the concept of how it sounds. And one of my homegirls keep telling me it's dope. So I ask for you anime watchers is it worth the viewing? ?/10

It's definitely worth the watch.
And read.

I am not an anime man. I like the classic gritty/violent anime film and one or two series, no cutesy mess. Now with that said. Attack on Titan. Every time I read about it I like the concept of how it sounds. And one of my homegirls keep telling me it's dope. So I ask for you anime watchers is it worth the viewing? ?/10
If you want that nitty gritty, anti-Moe anime, may I recommend you Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? The first season is Fist of the Northstar plus Vampires, and it only goes up from there. Each season has a different protagonist in a different setting and somehow they are all fresh and fantastic. Also, it features some of the best music in Anime.
Instead of moe garbage, you get fabulous manliness.
608935-jojos_bizarre_adventure_joseph_caesar_posing_super.jpg

If you want that nitty gritty, anti-Moe anime, may I recommend you Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? The first season is Fist of the Northstar plus Vampires, and it only goes up from there. Each season has a different protagonist in a different setting and somehow they are all fresh and fantastic. Also, it features some of the best music in Anime.

Agreed
Though I read Jojo rather than watching it (besides Part 2)

Trump normalization and the plea to sympathize with is supporters is just about making me tear my hear out. Trans bathroom bills, religious freedom bills, attempts at limiting the rights of LGBTQ+ peoples, anti-abortion measures, gun lobbying, police brutality and militarization, voting restrictions, white supremacy, media manipulation. Jesus, we've seen just within Obama's terms what the GOPs compass bearing is; let alone what Trump brings to the table. What they hold important and what they don't should be crystal clear to even the people who like to clutch the lofty enlightened position of being neutral as a badge of honor. Yet those same enlightened people dare to talk down to and treat the people that are afraid for their lives and livelihoods as human beings with an unchangeable state and claim that we're being close minded or somehow equally dangerous because we cannot (and shouldn't be expected to) reconcile with people who threw into such a party for reasons that they can't even articulate. Just the fact that they have reasons alone is somehow supposed to be enough for me to forgive a Trump supporter or resist calling a spade a spade. Like seriously, what the fuck is it with people so desperate for kumbaya bullshit that they'd literally ignore such blatant cruelty for the sake of some false peace they think is just around the corner once all the minorities stop being so angry at the side that wants ruination for them?

Johndoey

Banned
I mean yeah he's right on. The suggestion that being highly sceptical of Trump is some unfair or disrespectful thing is mad. Even if every awful thing he pulled or said on the campaign trail is a complete fabrication to get elected then that still points to a major flaw in him as an elect.
--
I went to lie down and pulled a knife out of my bed, don't recall when I put it there.

Instead of moe garbage, you get fabulous manliness.
608935-jojos_bizarre_adventure_joseph_caesar_posing_super.jpg

Added it to my list of things I'll watch during thanksgiving week. I remember my cousin having the Manga of this but never knew there was an adaptation.

Trump normalization and the plea to sympathize with is supporters is just about making me tear my hear out. Trans bathroom bills, religious freedom bills, attempts at limiting the rights of LGBTQ+ peoples, anti-abortion measures, gun lobbying, police brutality and militarization, voting restrictions, white supremacy, media manipulation. Jesus, we've seen just within Obama's terms what the GOPs compass bearing is; let alone what Trump brings to the table. What they hold important and what they don't should be crystal clear to even the people who like to clutch the lofty enlightened position of being neutral as a badge of honor. Yet those same enlightened people dare to talk down to and treat the people that are afraid for their lives and livelihoods as human beings with an unchangeable state and claim that we're being close minded or somehow equally dangerous because we cannot (and shouldn't be expected to) reconcile with people who threw into such a party for reasons that they can't even articulate. Just the fact that they have reasons alone is somehow supposed to be enough for me to forgive a Trump supporter or resist calling a spade a spade. Like seriously, what the fuck is it with people so desperate for kumbaya bullshit that they'd literally ignore such blatant cruelty for the sake of some false peace they think is just around the corner once all the minorities stop being so angry at the side that wants ruination for them?

Worst part is the ones most guilty of it didn't even vote for him-or at least that's what they say...

Mizerman

I mean yeah he's right on. The suggestion that being highly sceptical of Trump is some unfair or disrespectful thing is mad. Even if every awful thing he pulled or said on the campaign trail is a complete fabrication to get elected then that still points to a major flaw in him as an elect.

Fucking A.

Underrated master piece. That fight at the end? Goddamn

Yep, still a classic and it's crazy looking at it now how stacked it is of Black talent. Probably the best and most accurate depiction of a Black Strip Club in Atlanta, even if they didn't take their bottoms off in the movie as they do down here.

90's Lisa Raye >
Hell, i love Ronnie's (Chrystale Wilson) tall ghetto ass. She's the most accurate portrayal of Black southern, ghetto strippers.
Tracey Cherelle Jones was fine as hell too. She definitely looked her best in this.

Another thing this movie doesn't get enough credit for is its realistic portrayal of rape culture and showing how other people can be complicit in the act without actually participating in the rape itself.

Sch1sm

Anyone here want a key for Gears of War 3 or Judgement? Works X1 or 360. Just got the freebies from Gears 4 and I already have those digital from GWG over the last two years.

Infinite

Goddamn it I spent 35 bucks on Lost Odyssey for my impending Xbox One purchase, damn thing was 15 like a month and a half ago.
Was this game any good? I remember people thinking it was mediocre or unremarkable when it first came out but now people look back on it with reverence.

Gattsu25

Banned
The Black Culture Thread |OT17| On GAF we call them Alt Accounts

Slight change:

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| Alt Right? On GAF we call them Alt Accounts

Night, folk

Edit:
Was this game any good? I remember people thinking it was mediocre or unremarkable when it first came out but now people look back on it with reverence.

I never played it but the jrpg players I know universally love the game.

Johndoey

Banned

It's a bog standard turn based JRPG, but it has some of the best writing that came out of last gen. It's similar to Nier in the respect.

Seriously, it's pissing me off immensely. Those people really don't see what the hell is going on. Or they just don't want to and keep crying about us being "angry". We got a right to be angry when one side would sooner see us discriminated and hated, or worse.

Young Magus

Realest mixtape Album Cover or what?

Code:
[img]http://images.distractify.com/v0.2/body/2016/09/1105.jpg[/img]

"Obama: The White House wont let me run (....again)"

Seriously, it's pissing me off immensely. Those people really don't see what the hell is going on. Or they just don't want to and keep crying about us being "angry". We got a right to be angry when one side would sooner see us discriminated and hated, or worse.

Tone policing has been a bitch these past few years. Apparently, people who've been fucked royally by their government and by their fellow citizens aren't allowed to be emotional about our well being in anyway. Just reiterates how delicate the sensibilities of straight, white males are.

Fuck...yeah I think I'm done with OT for another long while again. Need to focus on those donations and charities. Others can spend their time slipping from Gaming side to OT to chide people for their fear and candor while Trump builds his bigoted, dangerous administration behind their pompous backs.
----

In other news, don't know if it's been posted here yet, but episode one of PBS's special on Black America Since MLK is up for free on their site: http://www.pbs.org/weta/black-america-since-mlk-and-still-i-rise/watch-videos/

I don't think I could look at OT the same way ever again. Or hell, some posters that revealed themselves and shown their true colors ever again. I'm sticking to Gaming side and only going to threads that interest me. As well as here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom