• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Who else hates it when a dude says "my grand-dad etc. fought for this country..." ~ I'm pretty sure they were fighting against the rise of fascism but okay

Who else hates it when a dude says "my grand-dad etc. fought for this country..." ~ I'm pretty sure they were fighting against the rise of fascism but okay

That sounds like a sad way to weasel out of a situation involving them getting put in their place. Especially considering what you said, about that ancestor fighting against fascism.

Been in this situation before and I downright ask them what that even means. My pop pop and his pop fought as well but I never go around using it as crutch. They don't ever want to appreciate what the Negros did, acting like they the one and onlys and shit. We all got ancestors that fought for something FOH. Wanna be a special snowflake ass.

Johndoey

Banned
I think the real issue is trading on someone else's actions like okay your whoever fought for the country like that's great and I appreciate their sacrifice, but how does that reflect on your actions?

Like I don't go around explaining shit I pull by going "Well my dad participated in civil rights protests" like it doesn't mean anything.

You know what I was thinking about regarding America. We should be past all this "Man dictates what so and so does with ones body and whom marries who." and "what gender/race is more superior than other." Racism, Sexism etc. We should be years beyond that but we're not, technology advances far more than our own society does or ever has and that's a disturbing thought.

Why are we not past this? Is it the white man (considering government is white male dominated) that's holding back our social evolution? We at this point should be focused on the At-Will states and employee rights. Battling cost of living vs wage and lack of raises within a company. The fact that employment within America is really fucked up. There is basically no rights depending on what state you live in and no employer should be able to ever fire you or treat you differently just because they can. Just thinking a lot of random thoughts lately...

You know what I was thinking about regarding America. We should be past all this "Man dictates what so and so does with ones body and whom marries who." and "what gender/race is more superior than other." Racism, Sexism etc. We should be years beyond that but we're not, technology advances far more than our own society does or ever has and that's a disturbing thought.

Why are we not past this? Is it the white man (considering government is white male dominated) that's holding back our social evolution? We at this point should be focused on the At-Will states and employee rights. Battling cost of living vs wage and lack of raises within a company. The fact that employment within America is really fucked up. There is basically no rights depending on what state you live in and no employer should be able to ever fire you or treat you differently just because they can. Just thinking a lot of random thoughts lately...

We aren't past it in essence because there's a very focused effort by generations of America, to not only perpetuate a hierarchy (racist fathers creating racist sons etc.) but also an effort to extol America's virtues but never its failings. Things like black history, civil rights, Native American history, suffrage. If America were more humble, these events wouldn't just be footnotes in US history, they'd be literal guidelines for how we as a society work and progress. Yet, in creating the idea of a "Christian nation", one that can never and should never be challenged because it's under "God's authority", people stifle those because from our fundamental ground work, women are supposed to be subservient, non-whites are supposed to serve whites, gay people are supposed to be abominations. And those ideals spread and take root in the most privileged in our country. They make oppression their priority then rather than progress. They ignore and minimize our ugly history to justify perpetuating it again and again. Less blind patriotism and more honesty and acceptance of the totality of American history would allow us to break out of these shackles of bigotry as policy. And in complete honesty? Fewer fundamentalists and evangelicals in power would allow us to breathe rather than continue to be choked by a staunch adherence to this idea of a God-blessed country.

---

Recent episode of Yo Is This Racist made a fantastic point about the people who cry that I'm stuck in my "liberal bubble" never consider the fact that I was born and raised in a conservative Baptist household and state. They claim I've got no idea how or why people voted for Trump when I absolutely do. I've spent 28 years around the exact people who vote for Trump and have them down to a T. Honestly, it's a miracle I didn't fall in with them and became a liberal because of breaking away from them for the exact bs and lame reasons that they use to justify voting for monsters all the time.

Kreed

The US created a society that started on the backs of US minorities and a former US majority, based on another society built up from rules from books and beliefs from generations past that also were built on the backs of others and encouraged class, ethnic, and sexism. The people the society was built for were/are obviously going to be happy with it, and it's been a slow fight for everyone else to change it generation after generation because of the people happy with the way things are, who don't understand or care how miserable things are for others on the outside, especially if those changes invoke the fear of "losing something" for the people on the inside. When people get comfortable and don't want change, those that do will have a tough fight against those that don't want their comfort disturbed, especially if they feel you want "too much change", or they blame problems they have on the "changes" you made. Fights like this will always happen and continue to happen as people decide it's time to move forward, doesn't matter if we're talking about something major like what's going on in the US or something simple like comic book fans accepting changes to their favorite iconic character.

andthebeatgoeson

1479300356049.jpg
Black tail. Hmm, these memories. Sorry lady bct rebels.

Malyse

Misfortune smiles on me again.

So.

Got a rejection on my state inspection because my tire wheel doesn't mesh with my car correctly. Okay. Junkyards are quoting $200 dollars for a new wheel. Haha fuck you. I order online for $65. Shit finally arrives today. Watch a vid online about removing and replacing a tire from a wheel (takes like 5 minutes if you're good), go out with my tools, lug nuts are super tight. Gotta put my back into it. Bolt shears right the fuck off. Now I got no wheels to go get the goddamn replacement bolt (and a new lug nut) before my rejection is expired. And even then, it's not like I know how to replace that either. What is my life?

Misfortune smiles on me again.

So.

Got a rejection on my state inspection because my tire wheel doesn't mesh with my car correctly. Okay. Junkyards are quoting $200 dollars for a new wheel. Haha fuck you. I order online for $65. Shit finally arrives today. Watch a vid online about removing and replacing a tire from a wheel (takes like 5 minutes if you're good), go out with my tools, lug nuts are super tight. Gotta put my back into it. Bolt shears right the fuck off. Now I got no wheels to go get the goddamn replacement bolt (and a new lug nut) before my rejection is expired. And even then, it's not like I know how to replace that either. What is my life?

Is the lug broken inside or just stripped? A can of WD could have helped ease the process, if its too tight its more about the lube it needs to ease out.

----

Oh boy, this thread is happening. Gotta educate people on why they shouldn't be racist but have to coddle them in the process because its bad on both sides you know.

Is the lug broken inside or just stripped? A can of WD could have helped ease the process, if its too tight its more about the lube it needs to ease out.

----

Oh boy, this thread is happening. Gotta educate people on why they shouldn't be racist but have to coddle them in the process because its bad on both sides you know.

I don't give a damn, I'm calling a racist a racist. Point blank period. I'm not gonna be the one to coddle them and tell them it's okay, fuck no. If that racist wants to change, then they need to change on their own time or get stuffed. And that's all she wrote.

Malyse

----

Broken. As in the bolt is inside of the nut.

And my dad (aka the person who I would need to help me with this) has to work out of town every day till thanksgiving. Today is a goddamn trip.

Slayven

Yep, still a classic and it's crazy looking at it now how stacked it is of Black talent. Probably the best and most accurate depiction of a Black Strip Club in Atlanta, even if they didn't take their bottoms off in the movie as they do down here.

90's Lisa Raye >
Hell, i love Ronnie's (Chrystale Wilson) tall ghetto ass. She's the most accurate portrayal of Black southern, ghetto strippers.
Tracey Cherelle Jones was fine as hell too. She definitely looked her best in this.

Another thing this movie doesn't get enough credit for is its realistic portrayal of rape culture and showing how other people can be complicit in the act without actually participating in the rape itself.

Yeah that scene where everyone just decides to up and leave makes me cringe so bad

I don't know if I can make it 4 years..

I see what the Trump narrative is doing to the country already and he isn't even in office.
He's normalizing intolerance like the 60's

This is a week after the election, 4 years is a long fucking time for that.

----

Yeah I don't know how many more times I can take hearing the "coddle racists" sect come out and act like this shit is a simple solve and that people should put aside their personal feelings when they don't get that the identity of minorities makes separating emotions or feelings an impossibility. People's identity and humanity is at stake yet we're called out as being unfair to those who think being inherently gay or black is an abominable thing to be. I'm asked to stress over the fragile feelings of people who don't have to deal with their skin color being something that sparks vileness and sometimes literal murderous intent in other people. I'm asked to not use the r-word at some people for the times that I'm only referred to as the n-word right to my face by the same people. This feat of stepping on toes that need to be stepped on is exactly why people like Trump, Pence and Bannon gain power. They get to spread the shit but get defensive and defended when a drop of it is returned in kind.

Yeah that scene where everyone just decides to up and leave makes me cringe so bad

But damn if it wasn't realistic especially in that specific scenario where they're at a birthday party and it's the birthday boy himself doing the raping of the stripper. It also shows how apathetic we can be towards women due to their profession.

Just got bad, bad flashbacks to the white kids in my senior year of HS saying To Pimp a Butterfly sucked because "there's no bangers at all".

To be fair, To Pimp A Butterfly is a Black ass Blackety Black Album. I was kinda shocked that White media gave it the props and critical acclaim it deserved and it was nominated by the Grammys as Best Album of the Year.

Damn if FF15 doesn't look like fun

Everyone, gimme all your accounts and stuff. I'm adding all of you.
NNID
PSNID
Gamertag
Steam ID
Twitter
Tumblr
Raptr
Goodreads
Whateves. PM me or put it in emails if you don't want to share with the class.

NNID: it should be PositiveCalvin
Steam ID: PositiveCalvin
Twitter: @CalvinChikelue
Tumblr: calvincell.tumblr.com
Goodreads: goodreads.com/PositiveCalvin

I really need to touch up my Goodreads. Some books I'm not reading any more and some that I've finished and are still in my currently reading list. Als, I'm without a Nintendo console at the moment. Just on my.nintendo.com. Don't mind any adds from anyone by the way.

Slayven

Goodreads: goodreads.com/PositiveCalvin

I really need to touch up my Goodreads. Some books I'm not reading any more and some that I've finished and are still in my currently reading list. Als, I'm without a Nintendo console at the moment. Just on my.nintendo.com

Get from around here with that reading....if they catch you reading that will be the end of you. Next you will say you know how to do sums....

XII Still has the best battle system in the series to me.

PSN: SheKixAZZ

Don't know when I'll be back on since all my controllers are messed up minus my fightstick.

white.people never got to take accountability for shit. fuck that thread fuck those posters and fuck this site.

But their feelings. Please be gentle otherwise they might double down on their hate and be perfectly justified in doing so because of your tone. How dare you label them something that matches their viewpoints.

white.people never got to take accountability for shit. fuck that thread fuck those posters and fuck this site.

We spent the past year and a half ridiculing Trump for not only being a bigot but a complete incompetent. His idiocy, his sexism, his racism (I mean did people forget he pretty much cultivated the birther movement?) his overall gross personality was fully on display to the point that it disgusted his fellow republicans. But now that the dust is settled, people feel empowered to come forward and say they voted for him and think they deserve sympathy and others support them in this. It's like, what fucking universe am I living in where I should give you a pass for voting for Donald Trump or else I'm just as bad as the bigots in his cabinet and constituency? Jesus Christ.

Just one more before I leave the thread, a lot of my family who voted for Trump are not white. Peruvian, Hispanic, and Asian. My family is host to all sorts of ethnicities and backgrounds and religions. I can promise you that many of them voted for Donald Trump.

Fuck I don't even know what to say to this. And people will claim the kid is the divisive one if he goes on to not trust that bigotry can be easily cured if he's just nicer. Like how the fuck can you look at that and claim that that kind of hatred can be quelled by simple niceties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom