• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
NfJK1y0.jpg

Mrdt5Tv.jpg

What's your goddamn NNID?

Don't act like your asses ain't playing Pokemon.

Haven't owned a Nintendo product since lite. I'm thinking about that $99 or the lime green 3ds though
---------------

Mornin' ya'll

Are people really up in arms over Ye saying he didn't vote and would have voted for Donald Trump? I feel like a lot of musicians probably DIDN'T vote. Actors always seem to be more vocal than them when it comes to politics.

Haven't owned a Nintendo product since lite. I'm thinking about that $99 or the lime green 3ds though
---------------

Mornin' ya'll

Are people really up in arms over Ye saying he didn't vote and would have voted for Donald Trump? I feel like a lot of musicians probably DIDN'T vote. Actors always seem to be more vocal than them when it comes to politics.

I stopped giving a damn about Kanye long ago. Like way back in the early 2000s long.

---------------

So I'm about to renew my ID today and hopefully pick up a copy of season 1 of Curb your enthusiasm. Hope everything goes well.

Sch1sm

You know, BlackGAF? I have the sinking feeling that Kanye West might be a moron.

Don't quote me on this.

He is, tho. I like a lot of his music, but dude's def a moron.

----

Morning, BCT.

Actually don't have a 3DS, DD. mine got stolen like 2 years ago and I never replaced it, so. Only Nintendo handhelds I've got are the DSi and the Lite, but they're untouched. It was just never cheap enough to repurchase here, ended up buying a PS4 instead. ��

nel e nel

Unfortunately actors are in an industry that continues to exacerbate negative stereotypes about women, PoC, LGBTQ and is filled with shitty business practices. I tend to take their admonitions with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately actors are in an industry that continues to exacerbate negative stereotypes about women, PoC, LGBTQ and is filled with shitty business practices. I tend to take their admonitions with a grain of salt.

That is the entirety of Hollywood and the entertainment industry. I would never take anything any of them say at face value. Some of them aight, most of it ain't what it seems.

Kreed

I'd smh more at this:

He then went on to talk about the idea that the outcome of the presidential election may have had some effect on racism in the United States - something West believes folks should get over.

"Specifically to black people, stop focusing on racism," he said. "This world is racist, OK? Let's stop being distracted to focus on that as much. It's a f***ing fact. We are in a racist country."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/entertainment/kanye-west-racism/

Racism only benefited Kanye when people hate on him. He the new black. Pharrell, Raven. When black celebrities are so disconnected that they'll equate racial issues to a "relationship as a simple as if we show white people love there wouldn't be racism", Common. They'll say racism don't exist, Wanye, Ferg though he flip flop. They'll say something something black on black crime Rocky Or just don't talk about it period, Morgan Freeman, Zoe Saldana though she flipped back. And just the rest of them black celebrities that flopped in the All Lives Matters crowd.

Onemic

Racism only benefited Kanye when people hate on him. He the new black. Pharrell, Raven. When black celebrities are so disconnected that they'll equate racial issues to a "relationship as a simple as if we show white people love there wouldn't be racism", Common. They'll say racism don't exist, Wanye, Ferg though he flip flop. They'll say something something black on black crime Rocky Or just don't talk about it period, Morgan Freeman, Zoe Saldana though she flipped back. And just the rest of them black celebrities that flopped in the All Lives Matters crowd.

This isnt true.

Onemic

I stand corrected

I still wouldnt put him in the class as the others though, as he's personally tried to combat racism in his home state. As well as being very supportive of protests against police brutality on black people. He was one of the few people that called out the Tea Party for straight up being a racist organization back when they were the hot topic. I dont think anyone on that list has done the same.

shingi70

Banned
I sat in the car while I waited. It was cold out.

They let us wait inside game stop and me and my buddy got put in group one for paying off our games early.

Got Sun for me, and Moon for my girl.

Switch is sounding better and better by each passing day.

I stand corrected

I still wouldnt put him in the class as the others though, as he's personally tried to combat racism in his home state. As well as being very supportive of protests against police brutality on black people. He was one of the few people that called out the Tea Party for straight up being a racist organization back when they were the hot topic. I dont think anyone on that list has done the same.

I agree and you're absolutely correct. Him saying that isn't as twisted as what those others have said and continue to say. Still ignorant of him to have said at the time.

Kreed

I agree and you're absolutely correct. Him saying that isn't as twisted as what those others have said and continue to say. Still ignorant of him to have said at the time.

That's the thing about the internet/media, once you say something it's likely going to be with you the rest of your life. Depending on what it is though, you have to let these Nu Blacks out the dust bin and let them dust themselves off once they've truly stopped their Daffy Duck ways.

I stopped paying attention to Kanye shortly after singles dropped for Late Registration so it ain't a loss for me. Still bumping that first album and early features.

Johndoey

Banned
I wonder whatt it'll take to stop the "Give him a chance" bullshit, like when do people figure out we've already seen the reality of Trump as he is?

Zoe flipped back? I need some receipts. She really disappointed me back in the day. This would make me feel better.

Zoe flipped back? I need some receipts. She really disappointed me back in the day. This would make me feel better.

You checked me though, but I'm not sure I can deliver. Now I'm searching and I can't even find it, I liken me saying that to this interview she did with Allure this year.

"There's no one way to be black," she says quietly and slowly, clearly choosing her words carefully. "I'm black the way I know how to be. You have no idea who I am. I am black. I'm raising black men. Don't you ever think you can look at me and address me with such disdain."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom