• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
30981851991_f66a791bee_o.gif

Back just in time to see America become great again
rejoice.png

59 out of 100. "You're Quite Privileged."

Play by one drop rules.

I'm the most privileged lmao

Outside of standard black stuff (minus being told "I'm attractive for a black guy" and being attacked for my race... those never happened), I have to check most of those things. Never been bullied for my "identities," (assuming they mean the ones listed, and I went to mostly black schools in my youth) and I don't have a religion, I'm not a woman, I'm heterosexual, and I'm not transgendered.

*shrug*

Some of these questions are interesting. Was I bullied as a kid? Sure, but not for my identities. Have I always had cable? I live with my parents, so... Do dorms count?

Anyways, I guess I'm pretty privileged.

andthebeatgoeson

I think a European blaming Obama European problems.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/18/europe-barack-obama-president

She doesn't acknowledge the pushback America has felt, from Europe even, to stop being the dominant force. Simply put, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

But now you seem to turn to it, or at least to Germany, as one of the last remaining beacons of values. You should have perhaps nurtured Europe more, and earlier. Your apparent aloofness from it over the years sent the signal that it mattered much less to America. This has opened avenues for Putin and those European politicians who admire him – and this happened way before the Russian president sent a “beautiful letter” to Trump.

Because America’s influence has historically helped cement Europe, your distraction from it has come at a cost. A once rock-solid transatlantic link started to fray. Now, with what we know of Trump, it’s likely that separate European nations will hedge their bets and act individually – not in unity. Merkel’s Germany is strong, but it cannot offer the security umbrella that Europe was built under. This is why it is more of a slogan than a policy to say that the German chancellor has become leader of the west.

Second, you’ve overlooked the effect your Middle East policies would have on Europe. Fighting Islamic State was your number one priority, stopping the massacres carried out by the Assad regime much less so. In the west Europe has felt the brunt of this humanitarian disaster. Refugee movements have upended the continent’s politics. As Merkel said this week, the vast majority of Syrians who reached Germany were fleeing Assad, not Isis.

Europe, it’s true, has been unable to deal with the Syrian bloodbath. But US-Russia dialogue, carried out over Europe’s head, has done little to stop Putin’s strategy of fuelling the war by supporting Assad, and then gleefully watching its fallout in Europe. The man in the Kremlin now hopes that, with Trump, there will be Russian geopolitical gains on the continent.

I had gotten tired of Europe grandstanding as a leader. I'm tired of them not acknowledging they have a growing bigotry that is taking advantage of global trends. She seems to suggest that our efforts could have decreased russian aggression. Or we had an easy way forward with Syria. No one can explain to me an alternative path for Syria, especially in light of the last 15 years of war we are working our way out of.

I guess we'll find out quickly how much America can stomach another war. How quickly will Not My President get us into a war? 2 years, right?

Sch1sm

No, that delay is old news from early last month. I swear I just read an article recently saying it's gone gold, development is done.

If it was announced a month ago, I'm just now hearing about it (first time I've checked in a while, really).

Either way, it's January now. Ya'll fuckin up a nigga's Christmas

Just ate a 12 inch philly cheese steak from Jersey Mike's and now I got that 'itis. At least watching the Simpsons is helping me drift off to sleep.

Oh by the way, ishibear. I know this may sound weird, but I'm curious. Would you happen to know what show that avatar of yours is from? Just curious.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Just ate a 12 inch philly cheese steak from Jersey Mike's and now I got that 'itis. At least watching the Simpsons is helping me drift off to sleep.

Oh by the way, ishibear. I know this may sound weird, but I'm curious. Would you happen to know what show that avatar of yours is from? Just curious.

Not weird at all! If you're asking about the one I'm wearing right now, it is an official artwork for Samurai Warriors 4's Koshosho. Iirc it was dropped as part of a countdown to the game's released back in '14.

Not weird at all! If you're asking about the one I'm wearing right now, it is an official artwork for Samurai Warriors 4's Koshosho. Iirc it was dropped as part of a countdown to the game's released back in '14.

Huh, cool. Also I never heard of the Samurai Warriors series. Might need to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom