• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his moms death and other factors are fucking him up immensely. He seriously needs to cool it with the music, sit the hell down and get some counseling, now.

ReiGun

It's clear Kanye needs some real help and isn't in the best situation to receive it. Lord knows the Kardashians and their media hype machine aren't gonna get it for him. They probably love this drama. However, it's also been clear for a while that Kanye is a self-centered asshole. People been giving him passes for too long. Especially his stans, who have always been happy any time ol' boy has a microphone and says words. They gassed him up for years and now look where we are.

Kreed

The only thing crazy about Kanye are his fans that continue to defend and put up with this shit. Kanye is on the same "drugs" Wayne and Floyd are on, too much money and fans that are too loyal. You guys want the "old Kanye" back? Stop sending money on concerts for Kanye to perform 3 songs and 30 minute rants. Kanye would be ranting a lot less if he was doing Tyga numbers.

LionPride

Banned
So we still gonna act like Kanye isn't a mentally ill man? We gonna act like he don't need help that he ain't gettin, and ain't been getting for a while? We gonna act like his mom dying didn't radically fuck him up?

Oh, okay.

Shinobu is still my favorite Lolita adjacent/Schoolgirl fetishism inspired character.

aDIDgHw.jpg

Suda 51 makes the best black characters of any Japanese dev.

Kreed

So we still gonna act like Kanye isn't a mentally ill man? We gonna act like he don't need help that he ain't gettin, and ain't been getting for a while? We gonna act like his mom dying didn't radically fuck him up?

Oh, okay.

You know how he'll get "help" faster? When he sees his rants aren't selling out arenas and selling his clothing anymore and he's having to perform at local night clubs. Until then, that "mental illness" won't be going anywhere as long as he is getting positive green-enforcement.

LionPride

Banned
You know how he'll get "help" faster? When he sees his rants aren't selling out arenas and selling his clothing anymore and he's having to perform at local night clubs. Until then, that "mental illness" won't be going anywhere as long as he is getting positive green-enforcement.
The nigga actually has mental problems. Like, this is a fact at this point. He does not have a support system to keep him grounded and getting him the help he needs. But keep believing that dumb shit ya think. You do you.

Sch1sm

The nigga actually has mental problems. Like, this is a fact at this point. He does not have a support system to keep him grounded and getting him the help he needs. But keep believing that dumb shit ya think. You do you.

Doesn't have a support system to keep him grounded and getting him the help he needs? You honestly think, in the 9 years since his mom has passed, no one's ever tried to make him get help (if that's even the root, :lol)? Guy has a wife, two kids; you think Kim K ain't tried to help him for at least the sake of their children? No one he works with has tried to help him over the years? No management, nothing?

He has all the resources in the world. Either he genuinely has no sense, as well as no support system, or he has a support system and no sense, because he should recognize by now that the shit he's saying ain't acceptable and is problematic. Not like he'd have trouble paying a psychiatrist.

LionPride

Banned
Doesn't have a support system to keep him grounded and getting him the help he needs? You honestly think, in the 9 years since his mom has passed, no one's ever tried to make him get help (if that's even the root, :lol)? Guy has a wife, two kids; you think Kim K ain't tried to help him for at least the sake of their children? No one he works with has tried to help him over the years? No management, nothing?

He has all the resources in the world. Either he genuinely has no sense, as well as no support system, or he has a support system and no sense, because he should recognize by now that the shit he's saying ain't acceptable and is problematic. Not like he'd have trouble paying a psychiatrist.

It ain't about paying, it's about having people around you who will force you to get the help you need. He ain't fuckin got that. We know he doesn't take his meds when he needs to.

Kreed

You giving a personal diagnosis to Kanye based on his past without receipts =/= a genuine mental disorder. If you want to believe he has a real disorder and it makes you feel better about his rants, knock yourself out. I'll stick to believing Kanye West is a GAF poster that thinks he can't be banned.

LionPride

Banned
You giving a personal diagnosis to Kanye based on his past without receipts =/= a genuine mental disorder. If you want to believe he has a real disorder and it makes you feel better about his rants, knock yourself out. I'll stick to believing Kanye West is a GAF poster that thinks he can't be banned.
Makes me feel better? Nigga fuck you

Sch1sm

If you need to be forced to get help, you probably won't stay in it, anyway. Not like he can be committed involuntarily, he's not a threat to himself or anyone.

Either way, I don't buy it. I don't even blame his mom's death.

LionPride

Banned
You really about to have a "not the nigga" moment in the BCT at me, over Kanye? Is it that serious?
Don't say some dumb shit like "If it makes you feel better" bicth this ain't about me feeling better, it's about seeing niggas constantly act like the nigga ain't got a fuckin problem.

Kreed

Don't say some dumb shit like "If it makes you feel better" bicth this ain't about me feeling better, it's about seeing niggas constantly act like the nigga ain't got a fuckin problem.

Alright, if you want to keep talking about this, particularly with me on GAF, you need to calm yourself down from "whole family tree" and talk like you aren't on the Coli.

LionPride

Banned
Alright, if you want to keep talking about this, particularly with me on GAF, you need to calm yourself down from "whole family tree" and talk like you aren't on the Coli.
Then stop sayin shit such as putting mental illness in quotes. Shit ain't cool, especially knowing how black people view mental illness as white people shit that isn't real. Shit I've experienced first hand.

Bronx-Man

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQLd3ELuqtQ

The fuck is wrong with you, Ye? This shit doesn't do anything but give people more ammo against your ass. The rants are one thing, but you're out here swindling people out of $100+ and you got the audacity to wonder why Hov wants nothing to do with your ass anymore? You were doing good too, goddamn. Took you almost a damn year to recover from the TLOP fuckery but you didn't do any stupid shit at the VMA's and everyone loved the tour, now you're fucking losing it. Why the fuck do you do these things? Do you LIKE having people hate your guts?

Jesus. Go home and be a family man, Ye.

Kreed

Then stop sayin shit such as putting mental illness in quotes. Shit ain't cool, especially knowing how black people view mental illness as white people shit that isn't real. Shit I've experienced first hand.

Just because I don't believe Kanye is suffering from anything other than being spoiled and rich doesn't mean I don't believe in mental illness or that it is a real issue in the black community. Not even getting personal, but just on this forum I've been part of multiple mental illness discussions on the black community in past BCT and other GAF threads back when we were discussing mental illness every time there was a school shooting and how black people rarely get the same "luxury". If Kanye genuinely has one then of course I hope he gets help, but I've also seen enough rich black celebrities and nu blacks to know when someone just may need a little less money. But this is just my opinion on Kanye/I'm not taking shots at mental illness, so do like Slayven and stop throwing hands.

LionPride

Banned
Just because I don't believe Kanye is suffering from anything other than being spoiled and rich doesn't mean I don't believe in mental illness or that it is a real issue in the black community. Not even getting personal, but just on this forum I've been part of multiple mental illness discussions on the black community in past BCT and other GAF threads back when we were discussing mental illness every time there was a school shooting and how black people rarely get the same "luxury". If Kanye genuinely has one then of course I hope he gets help, but I've also seen enough rich black celebrities and nu blacks to know when someone just may need a little less money. But this is just my opinion on Kanye/I'm not taking shots at mental illness, so do like Slayven and stop throwing hands.
Aight man, it just did something to me seeing you put mental illness in quotes. I genuinely believe he is not mentally healthy and hasn't been in quite some time. Past him talking about his depression.

How come no one told me that POPgaf is so weird? I ventured in there today, and its just page after page of unintelligible gibberish and Mariah Carey gifs.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
While I'm leaning towards the possibility of Kanye being mentally ill, I get hung up on the fact that his descent into madness seems to have its roots following the death of his mother.

She might have been the one keeping him humble. With her gone, he's got no one telling him to chill.

LionPride

Banned
While I'm leaning towards the possibility of Kanye being mentally ill, I get hung up on the fact that his descent into madness seems to have its roots following the death of his mother.

She might have been the one keeping him humble. With her gone, he's got no one telling him to chill.
That's always been what I think really messed him up.

Zekes!

Ye's mom definitely seems like one of the few people, if not THE person in his life that kept him grounded. I ain't one to play armchair therapist or none of that but what comes across in his music, especially his recent music, and what you see in the media is that he doesn't have much in the way of a good support network. He might be a Kardashian and have that whole family surrounding him, but they won't look out for his actual holistic wellbeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom