• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

While I'm leaning towards the possibility of Kanye being mentally ill, I get hung up on the fact that his descent into madness seems to have its roots following the death of his mother.

She might have been the one keeping him humble. With her gone, he's got no one telling him to chill.

People easily dismiss the role of a single mother when we think of the results they leave behind. Particularly when those results are offspring that might have mental/ emotional issues.
Remove the only voice of reason and a large part of that child's reality, and in Kanye's situation, replace it all with what? That lifestyle? Those people where posturing, lying, cheating and drama is a way of life?
Not healthy.
Either way, he's shown that he's always been an ass and completely full of himself regardless. He's dropped enough tracks about it all. Nobody should be surprised or disappointed at this point.

LionPride

Banned
Right. And if this is the result of that loss, that implies Kanye is more of a brat who needed his mother's constant supervision than someone mentally ill.

It's a conundrum, that's for sure.
I've always had an idea that his mom kept him grounded for the most part, but after her death, with no one to really reel him in he just didn't put as much effort into maintaining his health. Leading to what we have today. A brat? Yes. Mentally ill, also a likely yes.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Ye's mom definitely seems like one of the few people, if not THE person in his life that kept him grounded. I ain't one to play armchair therapist or none of that but what comes across in his music, especially his recent music, and what you see in the media is that he doesn't have much in the way of a good support network. He might be a Kardashian and have that whole family surrounding him, but they won't look out for his actual holistic wellbeing.

Exactly, which is why I'm starting to suspect that while mental illness is a huge possibility, it's also possible this behavior of his is due to his new high status. Forget where you come from and all that.

People easily dismiss the role of a single mother when we think of the results they leave behind. Particularly when those resultsare a child that might have mental issues. Remove the only voice of reason and a large part of that child's reality, and in Kanye's situation, replace it all with what? That lifestyle? Those people where posturing, lying, cheating and drama is a way of life?
Not healthy.

Agreed.

I've always had an idea that his mom kept him grounded for the most part, but after her death, with no one to really reel him in he just didn't put as much effort into maintaining his health. Leading to what we have today. A brat? Yes. Mentally ill, also a likely yes.

Pretty much.

JeanGrey

Excuses excuses the guy was an arrogant fool before his mama died so let's not blame it on her death. The guy is just a plain piece of ....

So before we continue discussing the inner workings of a hip hop celeb, let's have a chat about ourselves.

So, how was your day everyone?

Mine was boring as hell, watching season two of the Simpsons, as well as the Boondocks. And also playing Resident Evil 4 and Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

Malyse

How come no one told me that POPgaf is so weird? I ventured in there today, and its just page after page of unintelligible gibberish and Mariah Carey gifs.

There is a reason why they aren't mentioned
And now that you did it's too late

I had my time getting annoyed at PopGAF

then I just stopped caring

POPGaf is a clown to KpopGAF'S serious tuxedo

Is POPgaf a containment board?

j6ZBj.gif

Zekes!

So before we continue discussing the inner workings of a hip hop celeb, let's have a chat about ourselves.

Mine was boring as hell, watching season two of the Simpsons, as well as the Boondocks. And also playing Resident Evil 4 and Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door.

Going alright. Been mad procrastinating on work. Gotta fill out my logs for work, gotta research some info for a group presentation, gotta write a short paper for another assignment, gotta create some posters for the organization I'm interning at...

I've done none of it so far!

Sch1sm

Spent my day recovering from the last 3 because I left a major assignment to the last minute despite being given about 7 weeks to complete it. Standard life. Stress got to me so I killed it all with 38h to spare yesterday. Was great.

Johndoey

Banned

Been awake like forty hours now, jacked up my work schedule a bit this weekend, just trying to keep my head down and get out on time.

Slayven

Been awake like forty hours now, tucked up my work schedule a bit this weekend, just trying to keep my head down and get out on time.

Born on an island in the heavens
The blood of my ancestors flows inside me
My duty is to save the flower
From evil deterioration

I will be the one to set your heart free, true
Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you

Streaking lights, loud sounds, and instincts
Are the elements that keep me going
I am fighting my own mission
Nothing's gonna stand in my way

I will be the one to set your heart free, true
Cleanse yourself of them evil spirits that's in you

There was no sex scene between Angelina and Denzel in The Bone Collector. Just like there was no sex scene between Julia and Denzel in The Pelican Brief. Denzel does not sex up non black women unless it is such an ingrained part of the plot (or the reason for the plot, see Mississippi Masala).
was talking about the hand scene while he slept where she stroked her 2 fingers between his one
which is how close you got at times back in the day

So that's why Donald Glover left his Kanye phase and now into his Prince/Bowie phase

There was no sex scene between Angelina and Denzel in The Bone Collector. Just like there was no sex scene between Julia and Denzel in The Pelican Brief. Denzel does not sex up non black women unless it is such an ingrained part of the plot (or the reason for the plot, see Mississippi Masala).

Is his "sex scene" in Flight considered part of the plot? Although she was hispanic not white though

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
You giving a personal diagnosis to Kanye based on his past without receipts =/= a genuine mental disorder. If you want to believe he has a real disorder and it makes you feel better about his rants, knock yourself out. I'll stick to believing Kanye West is a GAF poster that thinks he can't be banned.
This...this is perfect.

Young Magus

Yo three pages of Kanye discussion........

Since when did we become GAF-Hop?

I will admit tho...

I'll stick to believing Kanye West is a GAF poster that thinks he can't be banned.

This is good tho, Kreed comin through with the metaphors and connections.

I still ant DY tho fuck you lol

I mean. It's been a minute since someone got tagged from BCT.

Nigga shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhh!

Young Magus

So like actually reading the Kanye article.......

That nigga needs help asap I dont care how: threapy, rehab, vaction to hawaii for a year, clonein his ma back to life, something.........

Tubman the Demon Slayer? Shit, next you'll tell me their's a comic about a nigga boxing demons in the KKK
That reminds me of the end of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, where Abe and his black best friend fight the vampire lord back to back on a burning train with a silver axe. At the same time, Lincoln's wife snuck crates of silver bullets to union troops using the Underground railroad. That movie was some dumb fun.

Young Magus

Tubman the Demon Slayer? Shit, next you'll tell me their's a comic about a nigga boxing demons in the KKK

some reviewing dude said:
Have you ever wondered what early Berserk would be like if the Black Swordsman were actually black, the demons he fought were members of the KKK, and the whole thing was set in the American southwest of 1880? Well, Blaster Knuckle is the answer you your questions.

Soooooollllld

shingi70

Banned

Just got off of work, about to go home, read some comics and watch Star Wars Rebels and some small ville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom