• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

You got this. Don't stress. Just let it all flow. You made it this far. You'll make it the rest of the way

Yeah, fact. I'm sitting comfortable right now, too. I'm in a position where it's pretty much impossible to fail unless I literally get sub 25% on 2 of my finals. So, I'm relaxed, but I'm keeping sensible.

You're in school to build rockets aren't you?

I don't hate myself enough to subject myself to years of my least favourite science, that being physics. Please.
Comp Sci but I've spent the last year debating dropping to IT because the profs for EECS courses in my school ain't shit. But then I also already took all the damn math courses, so it's one of those struggles. Courses mesh perfectly so I wouldn't need to take extra time, though, so maybe.

hypernima

Banned
I'm not doing a thanksgiving this year so I'm just gonna be house surfing for plates.
Yeah, y'all know me. I'm that one nigga that shows up for 20 minutes hugging everyone then I'm gone into the night with a plate.

Malyse

What you cooking?

I'm going for mac and cheese, wife will do the turkey. Have a few other people bring some side dishes.

Today? Spaghetti. I had some leftover tomato sauce from the eggplant parmesan and I froze a bunch of hamburger patties on Saturday, so I used one of those for the meat.

----

It still feels crazy that I have a college degree.

White people.

That's why they make arguments about racism, discrimination, and it's history in a vacuum or ignorance, and then make false equivalencies about it.

I wish we could sucker every single white person to see a new comedy with brad Pitt, get them into the theater, lock the doors, then bam! Spring the trap and make them watch those documentaries.

If I ever end up teaching, I definitely want to get this authorized in a lesson plan.

It's just sad that people just aren't willing to open their minds to the experiences of others.

Where can I find this? Also keep fighting the good fight! I hope you can get this passed and in the curriculum.

I don't hate myself enough to subject myself to years of my least favourite science, that being physics. Please.
Comp Sci but I've spent the last year debating dropping to IT because the profs for EECS courses in my school ain't shit. But then I also already took all the damn math courses, so it's one of those struggles. Courses mesh perfectly so I wouldn't need to take extra time, though, so maybe.

Didn't mean to down play all your hard work.
I think i'm going to go back into IT now that this failed attempt at something different has come and gone. Still taking some time to think things over though.

Sup. How have you been?

Malyse

:(

I love physics.

We're cooking a Jerk turkey this year, I can't wait
AU7Amsc.gif

nice!

i'm doing a Jerk Turkey Breast.

first time trying this with Turkey.

#EveryBlackActorIsInBlackPanther

May just buy multiple tickets for the sake of it

---

Now that Trump has solidified his desire to destroy the environment and the internet, I wonder if we can finally get people to admit Trump voters didn't know what the fuck they were giving power to, including the Trump voters themselves.

#EveryBlackActorIsInBlackPanther

I'm not gon' lie. I hate that and it constantly being repeated in Black Panther casting threads. As if that's all the black talent there is when it's not even close.

Yeah, yeah.... i know I'm probably taking it to serious, but it really grinds my gears. LOL

May just buy multiple tickets for the sake of it

---

Now that Trump has solidified his desire to destroy the environment and the internet, I wonder if we can finally get people to admit Trump voters didn't know what the fuck they were giving power to, including the Trump voters themselves.

The day I see diablos991 regret voting for Trump is the day I know we're screwed as a species. But that don't won't come anytime soon, so yeah.

Sch1sm

Didn't mean to down play all your hard work.
I think i'm going to go back into IT now that this failed attempt at something different has come and gone. Still taking some time to think things over though.

I didn't take it like that, no worried. :") I think, in a way, being in Comp Sci has killed what passion and enjoyment I have for the stuff. I guess that sorta comes when it goes from doing something you enjoy, except under restrictions and time restraints you don't particularly care for.

What did you go for your first time in school?

:(

I love physics.

In theory, it's really interesting stuff. On a practical level, it's too close to math for me.

---

I see the lord and saviour Yeezus has cancelled the rest of his tour, lmao.

Malyse

I'm not gon' lie. I hate that and it constantly being repeated in Black Panther casting threads. As if that's all the black talent there is when it's not even close.

Yeah, yeah.... i know I'm probably taking it to serious, but it really grinds my gears. LOL

why not instead celebrate all the black actors getting work at once? I mean, when is the last time so many of *us* got work without it being a damn slave movie or a damn Civil Rights movie?

why not instead celebrate all the black actors getting work at once? I mean, when is the last time so many of *us* got work without it being a damn slave movie or a damn Civil Rights movie?

Plenty of times. I hate how reductionist some black folks can be about Black films. And it doesn't come across as celebratory, it comes across as almost insulting with the implication that that's all the talented Black actors we have. Atleast to me.

Malyse

Plenty of times. I hate how reductionist some black folks can be about Black films. And it doesn't come across as celebratory, it comes across as almost insulting with the implication that that's all the talented Black actors we have. Atleast to me.

Seriously, name some recent films with massive black casts. Bonus points if it don't suck.

Eh. Breathing. But thanks for asking.

You. ?

Oh you know doing a bit of the same. My free time has increase significantly

I didn't take it like that, no worried. :") I think, in a way, being in Comp Sci has killed what passion and enjoyment I have for the stuff. I guess that sorta comes when it goes from doing something you enjoy, except under restrictions and time restraints you don't particularly care for.

What did you go for your first time in school?

Information systems.

Why did I go into OT and read those Trump threads about his picks? Now I'm pissed off and depressed.

But other than that, how is everyone?

Just got home, found out my in-laws got a vertical smoker. Gon hook thanksgiving up with a Cajun touch this year.

____

Why is Trump being a moron about the cast of Hamilton? I watched the video, made a lot of sense.

Its no where near ignorant like what Steven Van Zandt said.

“It was the most respectful, benign form of bullying ever. But bullying nonetheless. And by the way, human rights must be won, not asked for,”
type of dumb shit is this.

D i Z

Well that's good. But yeah, it's sucks to know how screwed we might be for the next four years.

I'm not sure why you all keep saying this. These Nazi's aren't going to go away, or give up power or stop spreading themselves and their hate through our systems once the clock runs out.

They are not on Trumps schedule.

I'm not sure why you all keep saying this. These Nazi's aren't going to go away, or give up power or stop spreading themselves and their hate through our systems once the clock runs out.

Yeah. Yeah, you right. They ain't going away for a long time.

Have people not learned anything from the captain America films! Hydra never dies

I wish we could sucker every single white person to see a new comedy with brad Pitt, get them into the theater, lock the doors, then bam! Spring the trap and make them watch those documentaries.

They will call it liberal bias, anti White propaganda, or flat out bullshit.

I have an older White executive who's fairly open minded but is completely unaware of so much of America's racist history. She also thinks the Black Panthers are the Black equivalent of the Ku Klux Klan. When I told her the The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution was streaming free on PBS last year, and you could get better educated on the subject, she straight up said that she's just not that interested in it.

And that's the problem, too many White people WANT to be willfully ignorant, because they already like what they believe to be true.

Yeah, I wasn't feeling Halle Berry as Storm. She was okay at best.

It's because Halle Berry was miscast as a fictional African Queen Superhero.

D i Z

They will call it liberal bias, anti White propaganda, or flat out bullshit.

I have an older White executive who's fairly open minded but is completely unaware of so much of America's racist history. She also thinks the Black Panthers are the Black equivalent of the Ku Klux Klan. When I told her the The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution was streaming free on PBS last year, and you could get better educated on the subject, she straight up said that she's just not that interested in it.

And that's the problem, too many White people WANT to be willfully ignorant, because they already like what they believe to be true.

It's because Halle Berry was miscast as a fictional African Queen Superhero.

This is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom