• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
These aren't the days of the 1800s. A new modern civil war would spark the "alpha and omega" of America, to assume a revolution would ever take place without other countries taking advantage of America in its weakest moment of infighting would be foolish. It could turnout to be racists against non-racists/PoC/Non-PoC/etc. But those and any other groups would then be against American Military whom would likely be against themselves and no one would survive that outcome. America would blatantly transform into a Dystopia with the wrong people in charge. I understand they say history has a habit of repeating itself, but this is one theory I can't believe would ever happen at least in our years of life.

_____

Morning everyone

I know. But damn it's so depressing to see our only chance to move further toward a better tomorrow slowly going out of our reach. It sucks. I know I know, midterms and all that. But I'm not full of optimism about that then I was during the election.

Here ya go:

scust.png

Thank you.

Kreed

...alright, let's restart the cycle with some black news:

Brown Sugar, a new streaming service, is touting itself as "Netflix, but blacker."

Launched by Bounce TV, Brown Sugar features such movies as Shaft, The Mack, Foxy Brown, Super Fly and I’m Gonna Git You Sucka, the Blaxploitation classics.

“These movies are entertaining and fun, but they were also empowering to the black community as they depicted African-Americans as strong leading characters and heroes for the first time,” said Blaxploitation star Pam Grier.

Even Rick Ross is getting in on the excitement, and his promo features him in a jheri curl wig that is well worth the $3.99 monthly fee.

“You can see the influence of these movies in every aspect of rap and hip-hop; in the music, the lyrics, the fashion and overall style,” says Ross. “The blaxploitation genre is where it all began.”

http://thegrio.com/2016/11/21/black-netflix-brown-sugar/

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
You know what's funny, the crazy racist conspiracy theorists talking about an armed revolution to oppose the government. And the funny thing about that is...the future is looking like it might be a possibility. And it might not be from those conspiracy theorists.

While I don't this some armed revolution will happen, I don't discount the chances of some armed conflict in the streets between these armed neo nazi groups and police at some point.

I hope this will get more than just blaxploitation movies.

What I'd like to see:

Coffy
Poetic Justice
Boyz N the Hood
Class Act
Black Dynamite
Set It Off
South Central
Straight Outta Compton
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
The Five Heartbeats
Bebe's Kids
Dope
Brown Sugar
The Princess and the Frog
Imitation of Life
Fresh
He Got Game
Girl 6
She Hate Me
Book of Eli
Antwon Fisher
Boomerang
The Wood
Malcom X
Coming to America

Shows
The Proud Famiy
Little Bill
Gullah Gullah Island
My Brother and Me
The Parent Hood
Moesha
Sister Sister
The Bernie Mac Show

shingi70

Banned

I'd be down for just 3.99 a month. Bounce TV's original content has been Tyler Perry sitcom tier which I'm personally not a fan of.

As many Black Nerds I know and as much as young black people around 20-24 have been influenced with nerd culture it sucks that the Tyler Perry format is still the main go to when trying to make a show that's for black audiences.

That said this year has been making strides with stuff like Atlanta, Luke Cage, etc.

I hope this will get more than just blaxploitation movies.

What I'd like to see:

Coffy
Poetic Justice
Boyz N the Hood
Class Act
Black Dynamite
Set It Off
South Central
Straight Outta Compton
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
The Five Heartbeats
Bebe's Kids
Dope
Brown Sugar
The Princess and the Frog
Imitation of Life
Fresh
He Got Game
Girl 6
She Hate Me
Book of Eli
Antwon Fisher
Boomerang
The Wood
Malcom X
Coming to America

Shows
The Proud Famiy
Little Bill
Gullah Gullah Island
My Brother and Me
The Parent Hood
Moesha
Sister Sister
The Bernie Mac Show

Good list.

Here's some others I'd like to see.

Boyz N The Hood
Menace II Society
Barbershop
12 Years a Slave
Inside Man

I'll probably think of more.

Sch1sm

If I told someone I was subbed to a thing called Brown Sugar, I'm pretty sure i'd get some weird looks.

Would be a nice addition, though. I'm only subbed to Netflix and that's only because Canada has the greatest movie selection of them all.

Kicko

So I googled 'Teanna Trump' to check and see if she was the illegitimate daughter of our president-elect...

Now how do you delete your history again lol?

D i Z

Mornin' all.

@Kid

I hear SFV is on sale everywhere.

Good lookin'.
*checks calendar*.
Not yet.

------

*Choice words for Sanders and his throwing everyone under the bus with his use of "Identity politics" coding with not a word about those neo nazi's running on that same shit.*

andthebeatgoeson

*Choice words for Sanders and his throwing everyone under the bus with his use of "Identity politics" coding with not a word about those neo nazi's running on that same shit.*
He may be decent but i won't support him in 4 years for his medical condition: laryngitis to his racist supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom