• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Yeah, I wasn't feeling Halle Berry as Storm. She was okay at best.
Nah.
She was never okay.

3689780-nyo.jpg

Yeah I am starting to cut OT out of my schedule. Politic threads just leave me with an upset stomach and little faith in humanity

Yep ima purchase some firearms and learn how to shoot for the first time in my life. I'm not going to let it get to me. Ima focus on fighting it.

Nah.
She was never okay.

3689780-nyo.jpg

This. I get why they cast Halle Berry, because she was by far the biggest Black woman Hollywood star, and superhero films were still viewed as very risky investments and needed all the help it could get to make certain it was a success.

However I don't think people realize the importance of casting beautiful dark skin sistas in these parts that were made for them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey slayven, does supergirl actually have any notable villains of her own in the comics, or is it just all superman stuff?

Zekes!

Watch Dogs 2 is out here having my favourite setting in an open world-game. It helps that it's based on a real place that I've actually been to a handful of times and enjoyed, but I really enjoy WD2's SF, more so than GTA's Los Santos

Slayven

hey slayven, does supergirl actually have any notable villains of her own in the comics, or is it just all superman stuff?
Off the rip, not really. She has her own enemies, but they are more like interesting footnotes.

But I do like Buzz The Demon.

You can till when shit goes down and there is not one brown person in the office.

Reading that he had to be restrained made me sad as hell, I hope the man is okay

Maybe he needed this, its probably good for him. Obviously something is going on. Whether its for "publicity" or not, it gets to a certain point where someone has to be so unhinged to say some rife nonsense in public like he has. Either way, hope the brother finds whatever he needs, to get his mind right.

So I rewatched Krush Groove because I vaguely remember it, and LOL @ Run from Run DMC getting led on and then friendzoned by Sheila E so she can fuck his brother Russell.

Johndoey

Banned
Infinite Warfare's campaign is really good though, probably edges out Titanfall 2 and maybe Doom for me.
Though Doom has the best silent protagonist ever created so that deserves celebration.

Watch Dogs 2 has one of the most blatantly disposable black characters I've seen in a while, it's almost impressive.

Doom slayer is the best silent protagonist ever. He doesn't say much, but makes it clear as day he really fucking hates demons, just as much as he hates morons who think they can use demonic energy for their own gain. His body language, his fury-fueled kills on demons all tell so much about Doom slayer without him saying a word.

shingi70

Banned
It's been two weeks, and despite everything that some come out of how hiliary'd camping is crap, all the media outlets are first to still throw the blame out way.

Johndoey

Banned
The media right now is a weird mash of gloating, nihilism, and alcohol(?). That and desperately pretending the news bares no responsibility for the election or
basic fact checking

People are pretending that Trump isn't acting like a foreign conqueror parceling out titles to his generals no matter if they're suited to the position. This whole thing is disturbing to watch.

BigDes

Doom slayer is the best silent protagonist ever. He doesn't say much, but makes it clear as day he really fucking hates demons, just as much as he hates morons who think they can use demonic energy for their own gain. His body language, his fury-fueled kills on demons all tell so much about Doom slayer without him saying a word.

There's also the little elements that show enough of his personality to show that he isnt just a demon hunting murder beast

Like the fistbump on the little Doom doll or

The fact he backs up the AI personality without it even being asked of him or pointed out to him that he could do it. He even slows down his demon murder rampage to make sure this gets done

There's also the little elements that show enough of his personality to show that he isnt just a demon hunting murder beast

Like the fistbump on the little Doom doll or

The fact he backs up the AI personality without it even being asked of him or pointed out to him that he could do it. He even slows down his demon murder rampage to make sure this gets done

Oh yeah, that's right. He has heart and humor as well.

------------

Oh yeah, it's terrifying to see people blanantly ignore the horrible choices Trump makes. And it's even worse to see people defend those choices.

Johndoey

Banned
Very early in the campaign Hayden is going on about necessary sacrifices and Slayer glances down at a corpse and cuts the communication which sets the tone for their relationship going forward.

Morning all
---------------
The media right now is a weird mash of gloating, nihilism, and alcohol(?). That and desperately pretending the news bares no responsibility for the election or
basic fact checking

People are pretending that Trump isn't acting like a foreign conqueror parceling out titles to his generals no matter if they're suited to the position. This whole thing is disturbing to watch.

The media coverage in this country and what news outlets find important is absolutely disgusting. The roster this guy is building is unreal as well. I want to bury my head in the sand but how can you?

Of suburban, none of that good shit.

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365889620/
Appreciate it

If it weren't for Doom I would say the Titanfall 2 campaign is the best of 2016. Even with Doom it's bloody close

Doom is def getting my vote but I've been meaning to check out Titanfall 2. Got real bored of the first one but this run seems to have everything in order.

You know what's funny, the crazy racist conspiracy theorists talking about an armed revolution to oppose the government. And the funny thing about that is...the future is looking like it might be a possibility. And it might not be from those conspiracy theorists.

You know what's funny, the crazy racist conspiracy theorists talking about an armed revolution to oppose the government. And the funny thing about that is...the future is looking like it might be a possibility. And it might not be from those conspiracy theorists.

These aren't the days of the 1800s. A new modern civil war would spark the "alpha and omega" of America, to assume a revolution would ever take place without other countries taking advantage of America in its weakest moment of infighting would be foolish. It could turnout to be racists against non-racists/PoC/Non-PoC/etc. But those and any other groups would then be against American Military whom would likely be against themselves and no one would survive that outcome. America would blatantly transform into a Dystopia with the wrong people in charge. I understand they say history has a habit of repeating itself, but this is one theory I can't believe would ever happen at least in our years of life.

_____

Morning everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom