• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I thought Laughing Black was a junior trying to up his post count before GAF's former Rachel Dolezal pointed out his post history, so I'm not the best judge on Crabs vs Krabs anyway.
I don't understand. Are you calling me Rachael Dolezel. ?

I've always been open and honest that i'm a mixed race Arabic person. So i'm not sure where this is coming from.

If you're not. then i apologise.

Dai101

Banned
Nah, you ain't the only one. I should have lit him on fire a couple of days ago but i let it go to see if it was worth the time.

It doesn't work when the ignoree is being quoted and chasing your avatar.

Well yeah, that's right...... can we not quote anything? Or something.

Sch1sm

You (We) have to put use to that useful tool the forum give us called "Ignore User". I know some may have some averssion to it but BELIEVE ME, it works.

Believe me.

I hate it. It's annoying on mobile, and ineffective on desktop unless you use that one Chrome extension that completely hides the post rather than having it as a click to show deal. Which restricts you to Chromium. I feel like I suffer more with the gaps in thread.

And honestly, what Kid said. I'll see it, end of the day. I use it, but it's useless.

----

Can y'all help me out with book suggestions? I've only managed one this month since school started, but now I've settled into the pace properly.

D i Z

I hate it. It's annoying on mobile, and ineffective on desktop unless you use that one Chrome extension that completely hides the post rather than having it as a click to show deal. Which restricts you to Chromium. I feel like I suffer more with the gaps in thread.

And honestly, what Kid said. I'll see it, end of the day. I use it, but it's useless.

----

Can y'all help me out with book suggestions? I've only managed one this month since school started, but now I've settled into the pace properly.

What are you feeling? Science, Fantasy, Non fic?

Kreed

I'm confused. What does Jado have to do with anything?

I clearly just messed my joke all up. Laughing Black was a troll poster from a couple of OTs ago. I was saying that I didn't notice Laughing Black was a troll poster until Jado brought up his post history, so if Shy is saying NCR is a troll, I may not be a good judge on who's a troll and who isn't.

Shy

Frank Herbert's Dune.
Talking about Jado.
I clearly just messed my joke all up. Laughing Black was a troll poster from a couple of OTs ago. I was saying that I didn't notice Laughing Black was a troll poster until Jado brought up his post history, so if Shy is saying NCR is a troll, I may not be a good judge on who's a troll and who isn't.
*phew* I thought you were comparing me to Jado for a few mins there. And i got really depressed.

BigDes

Ignore user never works cause it doesn't hide that they made a post.

So I always click on show post to see what the mouth breathing toolbag said.

D i Z

Kreed's joke makes sense if you know the players involved. It's a non issue at this point since he cleared it up.

Since I think this is a bad time to be here, I'll just say I made a thread in OT detailing what happen to me in the past 6 hours.

Since this is a bad time to be here, keep stepping.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
putting-gun-to-head.gif

That bait. Don't take it.
Too late, tell shy he can dance over my grave and my thread. I just want to sleep and not kill myself.
Tell fawful hes welcomed to tag along.

Leaning fantasy, I feel. Been a lot of science, thriller/suspense, murder/crime/mystery, & horror for me.

Right now I'm reading Who Fears Death by Nnedi Orkorafor. I think it's a coming to age story about a girl in Northern Africa that's an outcast because she's mixed and she gets mixed up in some magical stuff. It's decent. The third chapter was so good that I had to put down the book a couple of times because of the intensity. It seems to be more character based. I'm just crusing along.

besada

Banned
Right now I'm reading Who Fears Death by Nnedi Orkorafor. I think it's a coming to age story about a girl in Northern Africa that's an outcast because she's mixed and she gets mixed up in some magical stuff. It's decent. The third chapter was so good that I had to put down the book a couple of times because of the intensity. It seems to be more character based. I'm just crusing along.
I’m reading the second in Octavia Butler's Xenogenesis series because of this:
http://youtu.be/PUR_ChqUJbc

Malyse

Oh read wor-
Leaning fantasy, I feel. Been a lot of science, thriller/suspense, murder/crime/mystery, & horror for me.

Or, if you've got any under your belt, feel good books. World's rough enough as it is, could always use something a little more lighthearted.

Thank you!

Ah. Definitely don't read worm.
Kindle?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Or, if you've got any under your belt, feel good books. World's rough enough as it is, could always use something a little more lighthearted.

Thank you!
I would say read the manga mushishi but that shit is weird.T he Giver is a kids book but is still I feel better than Hunger Games. Or if you need something really lighthearted but can hit you like a motherfucker if you like to take moments to analyze what you read like a college tutor, there is the archie Megaman comics. I don't know if megaman would be fantasy tho, but its scientific i guess.
I would go to bed but having trouble falling asleep. I just realize that I don't think I own any lighthearted fantasy books, everything is always dank and shit.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
j-lo is supposed to star as griselda blanco in a bio-pic for HBO? but, she looks nothing like the black widow.

hmm..

cordy

Banned
Speaking of Grindin, that was the only beat kids knew how to do in school. You remember those days. They were in class and did like 2 bars on the desks and then stopped.

Sch1sm

G freaking g. I'll find it ASAP.

Oh read wor-

Ah. Definitely don't read worm.
Kindle?

Yeah, Kindle. Hardly ever read physical anymore. I'll write Worm down on my stickie, anyway.

---

I was having a conversation yesterday about wrestling, because someone mentioned voices in their head and it reminds me of Randy Orton's theme song. And today, Iwas scrolling through Twitter just to find this shit from him. smh.

---

Morning~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom