• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned

Lucini

Banned
BCT. I need a favor of a few of you.

I'm currently in a class for small group communication, and I need to conduct interviews and put together a video about a small group that I am a part of. This thread is a bit larger than a small group, but if I could get 3-5 of you to answer a few questions about this group via PM, that would be great. Ideally, if I could get one or two of you to record your answers to the question and email those to me, that would be great.

If you're interested, PM me. Gotta get this A, y'all.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is there a special edition available I can preorder?!
Theres a deluxe edition and this beauty.
latest

Its the collectors edition. But I think the wikia images down size it.
http://mafiagame.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mafia_III_Collectors_Edition.jpg?useskin=oasis

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok so this is gonna be my last post here for a long, long time. I tried to be a part of this community but I feel like my opinions aren't welcomed and get misunderstood a lot. I like to joke to stay happy in these uncertain times and I did take advantage of people's just to get a terrible joke out. So when people started reading my post history, my paranoia set in and I was ready to double down. But I'm tired from all this so I just came here one last time to say I'm sorry BCT. Especially Fawful and Shy because I don't know if we'll truly understand each other. I certainly don't want any more trouble because this election season has just made me believe the world is fucked frankly.

JeanGrey

So I got a surprise today...

My own copy of SFV now I can get my butt kicked under my own name 😆 and I don't have to steal turns.

I'm coming for you Alex. I'll eventually win. I know I don't have a chance against Ryu but you I can deal with 😛 .

Cammy gurl we gotta kick their butt. Or laugh at least laugh at the slaughter.

Sch1sm

So I got a surprise today...

My own copy of SFV now I can get my butt kicked under my own name 😆 and I don't have to steal turns.

I'm coming for you Alex. I'll eventually win. I know I don't have a chance against Ryu but you I can deal with 😛 .

Cammy gurl we gotta kick their butt. Or laugh at least laugh at the slaughter.

GIRL. YEEEEEEEEEEEEES. My CFN is Upinzani.
Or as G says, Upinazi. 😂😂😂

I'm gonna be on tonight, tomorrow, all weekend. Let's do it. I aced my test and I'm all caught up on school, I'm ready for some fights. 🤗

Ahh. Gotcha.

Hi Forearm.

Hope you've been doing well.

(Sigh)
Funny you should mention that..

I'm actually not. I lurk here a lot and pop up every so often but really while I'm in the background I feel like I take away a lot from the knowledge being tossed left and right. That being said something happened to me a few days ago. My sibling let slip that my real pops wants to see us before he passes away. (Not sure if he's dying or what).

I don't know this person and spent all of my life figuring things out on my own and through friends. I gave up on a male father figure a long time ago after few failed attempts as a child. I spent many years of being very passive about the whole situation, but after talking to my moms about it I've realized this dude ruined all of our lives. (Not going to get into what exactly, but home boy had to bounce up out the country)

Anyway my sister would like to confront him and all that but won't go see him without me. At first I was on the "hell no" side, but then I had a moment of reflection and thought "this might be my only shot to visit my home country".

That's a pretty selfish thought on my part, but I'm trying to look at this from a lot of angles. I'm not looking for an answer but more so perspective.

Sch1sm

Does everyone here own SFV?

I would get it if I could play :(

Well. A lot of us do, yeah. Except Kid. Kid's afraid. Why can't you play? No ps4? Not a good enough PC, if so?

----

Forearm, I genuinely think you should do it. At least for closure sake? Maybe what your sister is aiming to do will get you answers you didn't know you needed.

I just suck at SF.

Don't worry about that. I used to constantly catch Ls from damn near everyone in here.

Forearm, I genuinely think you should do it. At least for closure sake? Maybe what your sister is aiming to do will get you answers you didn't know you needed.

Thanks! (I was getting real scared I might have dropped something too heavy in here) I think that's what she's after, but she's older than I am. So my assumption is she knew him better. I've only seen pictures.

Sch1sm

Don't worry about that. I used to constantly catch Ls from damn near everyone in here.

Thanks! (I was getting real scared I might have dropped something too heavy in here) I think that's what she's after, but she's older than I am. So my assumption is she knew him better. I've only seen pictures.

I still catch Ls from everyone here. I'll get it. One day. 😰

I mean, in that case she'd obviously have a lot more to ask, but it could get the ball rolling for you. Maybe you'll learn some things, get something out of it. Figure stuff out, hear his side of what happened and deliberate on it. Even if that something is just seeing your home country, I don't see a chance to really "lose" here since you've accepted he's ruined your lives and made you learn a lot of things from different avenues. Could shed some light, could not. Could just be a bit of a vacation that'd be nice.

Damn right I am.

I'm still waiting for you buy the damn game. I'm not gonna just let it be.

I’m reading the second in Octavia Butler's Xenogenesis series because of this:
http://youtu.be/PUR_ChqUJbc
Those books are the only ones I haven't read of hers yet. I stopped because at one time her books was all I was reading. I need to expose myself to some other authors.

G freaking g. I'll find it ASAP.

I hope you like it. This book has the weirdest chapter structure I've ever seen in a book. The first three chapters are pretty, but every one afterward is pretty short. I just finished chapter 19 today and it was only a page and a half long. I was like "really?". I know there isn't an official length on chapters, but to me they should at least be 6 pages.

I still catch Ls from everyone here. I'll get it. One day. ��

There's a special place in hell for Gordan's stupid ass F.A.N.G

I mean, in that case she'd obviously have a lot more to ask, but it could get the ball rolling for you. Maybe you'll learn some things, get something out of it. Figure stuff out, hear his side of what happened and deliberate on it. Even if that something is just seeing your home country, I don't see a chance to really "lose" here since you've accepted he's ruined your lives and made you learn a lot of things from different avenues. Could shed some light, could not. Could just be a bit of a vacation that'd be nice.

You do have a point I suppose theres nothing to really lose here. Maybe feeling, like some people shouldn't get a second chance at that isn't a good way to think about it.

Shy's def PC. It's cross play, anyway.

Last I played shy was the only one on pc

Shy

(Sigh)
Funny you should mention that..

I'm actually not. I lurk here a lot and pop up every so often but really while I'm in the background I feel like I take away a lot from the knowledge being tossed left and right. That being said something happened to me a few days ago. My sibling let slip that my real pops wants to see us before he passes away. (Not sure if he's dying or what).

I don't know this person and spent all of my life figuring things out on my own and through friends. I gave up on a male father figure a long time ago after few failed attempts as a child. I spent many years of being very passive about the whole situation, but after talking to my moms about it I've realized this dude ruined all of our lives. (Not going to get into what exactly, but home boy had to bounce up out the country)

Anyway my sister would like to confront him and all that but won't go see him without me. At first I was on the "hell no" side, but then I had a moment of reflection and thought "this might be my only shot to visit my home country".

That's a pretty selfish thought on my part, but I'm trying to look at this from a lot of angles. I'm not looking for an answer but more so perspective.
I think you should go Star. For the sake of closure.

If you don't it's always going to be there in the back of your head.
Nice! Shy, care to share your PC specs?
Sure.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Sniper M5, M-ATX.
CPU: I7 4770k.
GPU: GTX TITAN. (the original Kepler version)
RAM: Corsair Platinum 16GB @1866 1.5V.
SSD: Corsair Neutron 128GB. (OS drive)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB @7200RPM. (Main drive)
CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i.
CASE FANS: 3x Noctua NF-F12.

Dai101

Banned

Sure.

sheiit

Can you lend me a $20?

D i Z

Sure.

I would need like, one digit from each of those spec categories to help my pc not be pathetic.

Sure.

Damn you ballin

And yet, the new laptop I bought last week and sacrificed food out of my life forever for will be more powerful than that. Maybe when that gets here I can play SFV and get wrecked since I haven't played a fighting game since SF2 and never play a fighting game again.

That's pretty damn impressive specs-wise, though. For a last-gen computer. (laughs like an asshole, but then starts choking)

Shy

I accidentally left out two pieces.

CPU COOLER: H100i
FANS: 3x Noctua NF-F12
sheiit

Can you lend me a $20?
LOL. I'm poor as shit.

It was an inheritance that let me get it.
I would need like, one digit from each of those spec categories to help my pc not be pathetic.
Damm. Sorry about that DIZ.
Damn you ballin
LOL. no no. It's 3 years old now.
And yet, the new laptop I bought last week and sacrificed food out of my life forever for will be more powerful than that. Maybe when that gets here I can play SFV and get wrecked since I haven't played a fighting game since SF2 and never play a fighting game again.
See. Secret's laptop is more powerful than my rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom