• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Good for you. It might just be my short comings but... fuck him and FANG. His Vega was pretty legit too, he hadn't full discovered Rashid at the time.

Damn I might jump back in this weekend!

Hmm I'll keep that in mind.. 'ppreciate you fam

Mornin peeps! How's that Luke Cage?

Best Marvel Netflix show

Didn't watch it yet, but I dreamed about watching the first two episodes last night and Luke Cage appeared briefly with the rest of it being about some white couples and then Luke riding a school bus and being singled out as the only black teen at the school. I was mad that the first episode was false advertising.

shingi70

Banned
Good to here it's great from the start. I must admit I haven't bothered with Daredevil. Heard that doesn't really get good until season 2.

Gonna try to binge this over the weekend.

Daredevil is good, great even but it's honestly vastly overrated. The first season is really good, but the second season falls into the arrow season 3 trap by the end of it, and the connective tissue for season 2 never meshes toward the end.

jmood88

Directors/show runners say that they're given the freedom to do what they want all the time but it really does feel like Marvel let Cheo Hodari Coker do whatever he felt like with Luke Cage.

jmood88

"You better shut up, or I will cut your color-struck ass."

You know they had to have a black woman involved in Luke Cage when a character is talking about a nigga being color-struck.

harSon

Banned
I stayed up to watch the pilot, and I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time. That shit was black as fuck. They had fucking Raphael Saadiq performing.

jmood88

Luke Cage is Marvel's version of Empire; every famous and semi-famous black person is gonna show up at some point. They got Dapper Dan making clothes for Luke.

Dereck

Oh shit, they say nigga in it!
4cgCrXA.gif

Luke Cage is Marvel's version of Empire; every famous and semi-famous black person is gonna show up at some point. They got Dapper Dan making clothes for Luke.
4cgCrXA.gif

Best Marvel Netflix show
4cgCrXA.gif

Dai101

Banned
FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

I feel asleep with the fucking 360 control in my hand and missed completely the binge for Luke Cage and just arriving to the shop to watch it.

FUCK!!!!

is too damn good. The music alone will make this my favourite show ever.

FUCK

shingi70

Banned
A nice side effect of the Luke Cage, is they're throwing many references I don't know that I feel the need to educate myself more on black history and media of the past.

Any good suggestions where to start?

Shy

I've just finisheed my dinner.

I'm now going to marthon the rest of the show. (watched the first 3 episode before i went to bed)

I probably won't post again till i'm on the other side, and depressed it's over.
I never thought I'd hear "nigga" multiple times in anything related to the MCU.
Same. I was quite surprised.
Morning y'all.
Morning morning
Don't you DARE spoil Luke Cage for me. I'm watching it this weekend with muhgurl.
Spoilers: Luke Cage has super powers. 😝

And the lady who play Misty Knight is a gorgeous. 😍

Those are joke spoilers. But just in case, i'll tag them. I didn't want to make you upset.

Simone Missick...madre de dios.

tumblr_nrz4u56nje1uc0ww3o1_500.gif

This show feels more real than any of the other Netflix shows so far. Hell's Kitchen feels so empty compared to Harlem.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Show support to a co-worker and go see his show tonight.....
....or binge Luke Cage.

Why shit have to be so hard?

Shy

Just finished EP 5.
i love this show.
SjeLu9Y.gif

Show support to a co-worker and go see his show tonight.....
....or binge Luke Cage.

Why shit have to be so hard?
Show support to your co-worker.

It's the right thing to do.

And also the kind of mind set This show is trying encourage.

It ain't made for me unless it got a redhead bombshell in it
ain't even watch it so I can say the show is "ain't shit"
Oh I guess Kimmy Schmidt is more your speed. Seriously though, Simone Missick is way more beautiful than Christina Hendricks. Not to say Hendricks isn't beautiful.

Anyone who doesn't watch this show ain't shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom