• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

THIS LUKE CAGE BREHS, WHEEEEEW

tqOTHO1.gif

Malyse

One thing I gotta say: Luke has the scariest villains of the MNU.
All four of the mains (Cottonmouth, Mariah, Shades, and Diamondback) are either off the rails infuckingsane or chaotic pure evil if not both. Even that fuckboy Tone and Zip count for their irredeemable shit.
Also, I think Luke ties back into the MNU best
with Claire, Turk, and the ADA all coming back from Daredevil.
Yo..... We need Monica more than ever in the MCU.....

http://screenrant.com/misty-knight-defenders-simone-missick-luke-cage/

Shy

Just finished and i Fucking love it.

It is easily the best Marvel show.

Only little thing that bugged me (And i believe it was in DD and JJ too) was they refer to the first Avenger's film as "the Incident" Wish they came up with a better name for it.
But again, just a minor quibble.

Dat Misty final form.
BbM9iLE.gif
Was there meant to be a trailer for the next Marvel show, because i didn't get one at the end of the series.

Now it's all over, i feel like this.
OXOnTC3.gif

Exactly my reaction.
😁

Dai101

Banned
Just to second Shy's opinion. This is the best shit MAHVEL has put on TV.

Now, my feelings are all over the fucking place. That ending man ..... It pulled over my strings.

shingi70

Banned
"Harlem's Captain America"

"Nigga Please"

This show is so fucking quotable.

I'm not done but I'm guessing the Seagate stuff relates to the military tests that got Jessica and Nuke their abilities.

One thing I gotta say: Luke has the scariest villains of the MNU.
All four of the mains (Cottonmouth, Mariah, Shades, and Diamondback) are either off the rails infuckingsane or chaotic pure evil if not both. Even that fuckboy Tone and Zip count for their irredeemable shit.
Also, I think Luke ties back into the MNU best
with Claire, Turk, and the ADA all coming back from Daredevil.

http://screenrant.com/misty-knight-defenders-simone-missick-luke-cage/

I read this as marvel nigga universe, I better not give marvel any ideas can you imagine an actual MNU :D

Sch1sm

I need to hurry up and finish Luke Cage so I can actually read the last couple of pages.

99% of these spoilers are minor, opinions, or entirely unrelated, TBH.

---

Morning, friends. Sending all the good vibes for your Saturday. 🤗

Starting episode four of Luke Cage, but this show gave me an idea.

I'm starting the BCT swear jar. Every time someone curses in the BCT, they owe 25 cents to the swear jar.

Sch1sm

Sch1sm, I meant to ask, why you got White Jesus as your avatar?

LOL. It's an MS paint rendition done by a friend from SteamGAF of Jesus avatars I used before:

And the weed bit comes from another Jesus avatar I used:

I'm changing it soon, to a black Jesus. Been slacking on making it transparent, but soon™. In good time.

I'm sure now the question is why so many Jesus avatars? And honestly, it started as a way to dissociate my username from what I actually am because the Internet, GAF included, seems to have its issues when it comes to women, POC, and Muslims. You'd be surprised how many people on here assume I'm a bearded, white male. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I've since gotten over it, plenty of people know who and what I am, even my name, but now it's an avatar set that's defining and stuck.

----

Saw this spoken word piece and I figured y'all might like it. Salena Burch - Master Piece

I'm sure now the question is why so many Jesus avatars? And honestly, it started as a way to dissociate my username from what I actually am because the Internet, GAF included, seems to have its issues when it comes to women, POC, and Muslims. You'd be surprised how many people on here assume I'm a bearded, white male. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I've since gotten over it, plenty of people know who and what I am, even my name, but now it's an avatar set that's defining and stuck.

----

Saw this spoken word piece and I figured y'all might like it. Salena Burch - Master Piece

I can't lie. I actually thought that at first too until I saw your pic a few months ago.

thanks for reminding me of luke cage

does JJ or any other marvel heroes mentioned/hinted at?
1st episode.

Sch1sm

I can't lie. I actually thought that at first too until I saw your pic a few months ago.

I'm telling you, this shit is effective. Everyone assumes you are your avatar.

Passed through US Customs and Border Patrol just now and it half made me wish I was a bearded, white male. That was a good two hour wait, mine and my family's passports were passed around to several federal officers and taken into so many rooms I was out here like ??? What level of document check is this, potential terror? Lord. Even other officers were wondering what was up after a while. Been 4 years since I last crossed in, and it'll be another 4 more because that's whack.

JeanGrey

I'm telling you, this shit is effective. Everyone assumes you are your avatar.

Passed through US Customs and Border Patrol just now and it half made me wish I was a bearded, white male. That was a good two hour wait, mine and my family's passports were passed around to several federal officers and taken into so many rooms I was out here like ??? What level of document check is this, potential terror? Lord. Even other officers were wondering what was up after a while. Been 4 years since I last crossed in, and it'll be another 4 more because that's whack.

I feel you gurl. Everytime I go to an airport I get randomly selected for a search. They assume since I look Middle Eastern I must be a threat. It's really sickening. I'm a 5'0 brown gurl so watch out.

On a brighter note I sent you a friend request 😊

Sorry I didn't do it yesterday. We were on a Luke binge. 🤔

Dam I knew it wasn't gonna end that simply. I was already saying to my hubby too man bad guys for one season. The show was spectacular. It hurt and dragged me into the story but it gave me a bit of hope.

1. Daredevil/ Luke Cage I'm 50/50
3. Jessica Jones

Damn Marvel did it again. Slam Dunk. 😄

Sch1sm

I feel you gurl. Everytime I go to an airport I get randomly selected for a search. They assume since I look Middle Eastern I must be a threat. It's really sickening. I'm a 5'0 brown gurl so watch out.

On a brighter note I sent you a friend request 😊

Sorry I didn't do it yesterday. We were on a Luke binge. 🤔

Dam I knew it wasn't gonna end that simply. I was already saying to my hubby too man bad guys for one season. The show was spectacular. It hurt and dragged me into the story but it gave me a bit of hope.

1. Daredevil/ Luke Cage I'm 50/50
3. Jessica Jones

Damn Marvel did it again. Slam Dunk. 😄

It's a damn shame, eh. Like bud, I'm a citizen. I was born here. I have my drivers licence. My health card. I'm Canadian as Canadian gets, and I've got zero negative history. They tried to play it off like, "Oh, you folks haven't been here since 2012." Bruh what? You want me to cross every month or something? I got a life here. 💀

Gotta PM me your CFN, too. Capcom doesn't work it like Facebook friends, I need to add you to my favourites, as well.

Kicko

There's no way in hell this isn't getting a second season.

It's possible if it doesn't get the views. I know some people who have Netflix yet have zero interest in this show. And they've watched both Daredevil and Jessica Jones. The aversion to anything considered 'black' is something that hasn't been discussed around here.

JeanGrey

I bet someone bas already started selling hoodies with bullet holes in them. If they haven't well they should. I strongly believe that to be an extremely passive aggressive stance to protest the unfair treatment of colored people. We look the same so we're guilty?

Now I will stop Posting before I get in trouble.
Back to stay positive and be safe.

Stand Together!!! 😁

Dai101

Banned
It's possible if it doesn't get the views. I know some people who have Netflix yet have zero interest in this show. And they've watched both Daredevil and Jessica Jones. The aversion to anything considered 'black' is something that hasn't been discussed around here.

^^THIS

Also i've started to read lowkey diet "can't relate" posts in there.

Their loss realy. Show iw god damn great.

Also, i'm gonna need an OST ASAP

It's the same reason everyone was talking about Stranger Things, yet no one talked about The Get Down. People are so averse to "black" shows. It's sad. It's not even like it's on some Tyler Perry shit either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom