• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course.. I've been thinking this for some time. That dude that shot up the church was trying to "start a race war". I don't think he was acting alone at all. But enough of my tinfoil hat nonsense.

Fuck all that, every episode is named after a classic Gang Starr record. That alone is making me impatient until I get off work.

This is the longest bus ride home ever!!

jmood88

"Gave a speech at a church, knocked down a few doors in the projects, and now you Harlem's Captain America. Nigga, please."

I love this show.

Bubba T

I had a interview with my number 1 choice today. A bunch of other people were interviewing for internships and full time positions as well. Yes I was the only black person there.

Whoa, that's awesome. Love Gang Starr, Moment of Truth and Above the Clouds better be on the episode list.

Spoiler tagged just in case no one wants to see episode titles (for some reason)

Moment of Truth
Code of the Streets
Who's Gonna Take the Weight
Step In the Arena
Just to Get a Rep
Suckas Need Bodyguards
Manifest
Blowing Up the Spot
DWYCK
Take It Personal
Now You're Mine
Soliloquy of Chaos
You Know My Steez

Looks just a like a "Best of Gang Starr" album

Gambit61

Spoiler tagged just in case no one wants to see episode titles (for some reason)

Moment of Truth
Code of the Streets
Who's Gonna Take the Weight
Step In the Arena
Just to Get a Rep
Suckas Need Bodyguards
Manifest
Blowing Up the Spot
DWYCK
Take It Personal
Now You're Mine
Soliloquy of Chaos
You Know My Steez

Looks just a like a "Best of Gang Starr" album

OOOh, thanks. I had a feeling Eps 9 and 13 titles would make it.

Only half way through episode 1 and Luke Cage got me like
1481ja.jpg

Y'all know what I'm talking about

Pull the trigger, Nikka
How hard are uh I figure?
As much as your heart of the trigger
Chrome plated as shiny as my smile
Take your shot as I'm gonna be here for awhile
I'm an immovable object of black and brown
So nikka let me hear that sound

"I’ve been to the new Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) twice so far – yes, that was a stunt – and it is easily the second Blackest place I’ve ever been in life. The Blackest? I’m glad you asked. That would be in the southeastern quadrant of Washington, DC, where Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue intersects with Malcolm X Avenue; this corner features a liquor store, a park full of vagabonds, and the coup de grace: Popeye’s.

It is indeed, the Blackest place in America. In fact, I contend that the Blackest thing you can do in this country is eat some Popeye’s chicken wearing a dashiki while listening to DC’s own Marvin Gaye at this intersection. Ask about me. Photos coming soon."

The National Museum of African American History and Culture is the blackest thing I've ever seen this week...and ever

Luke Cage has some beautiful women between Simone Missick and Parisa Fitz-Henley. I mean, good lawd. Curly hair everywhere

And yeah, Cottonmouth don't play around at all

Sch1sm

When
Cottonmouth beats the shit out of Shameek in Ep 1
, the sound of
all the fucking bones just...crunching
is stuck in my head. jfc.

Dai101

Banned
"There's something.... powerful about seeing a black man thats bulletproof and unaffraid"

Ya'll got to see this ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom