• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest slam dunk videogame movie is Halo:Reach. It's a straightforward sci-fi movie about a band of soldiers trying to make a difference against insurmountable odds. It's literally 300 in space down to the epic sacrifice as the main hero falls to overwhelming forces.

LionPride

Banned
The easiest slam dunk videogame movie is Halo:Reach. It's a straightforward sci-fi movie about a band of soldiers trying to make a difference against insurmountable odds. It's literally 300 in space down to the epic sacrifice as the main hero falls to overwhelming forces.

I really think it's easy to make a movie based off of any strict story based game, so no RPGs, no MMORPGS, none of that unless they take one path. Stuff like Tomb Raider, Halo, God of War, should be easy to make. Although a God of War movie would probably be meh like the games...

nope wrong incorrect

I am right

I really think it's easy to make a movie based off of any strict story based game, so no RPGs, no MMORPGS, none of that unless they take one path. Stuff like Tomb Raider, Halo, God of War, should be easy to make. Although a God of War movie would probably be meh like the games...

What race would Kratos be in this film

If they did a God of War movie, there would have to be major tweaks to make him likeable. And seeing how the movie would end up being pg13,you would end up with the new Clash of the Titans starring Disney's Hercules.

Isn't it obvious?
IZIEfQx.gif

LionPride

Banned
You either get a Black guy or Greek, or something along them lines. Basically not white.

I mean hell, Kyle from living single is Kratos

If they did a God of War movie, there would have to be major tweaks to make him likeable. And seeing how the movie would end up being pg13,you would end up with the new Clash of the Titans starring Disney's Hercules.
Make it Rated R, he's on a vengeance quest because his wife and daughter are dead. He will kill everyone. Shit I just made the plot to a Black Adam Movie

You either get a Black guy or Greek, or something along them lines. Basically not white.

I mean hell, Kyle from living single is Kratos

Make it Rated R, he's on a vengeance quest because his wife and daughter are dead. He will kill everyone. Shit I just made the plot to a Black Adam Movie
No suit from Sony is going to green light a r rated videogame movie.

LionPride

Banned
It's gonna take a Deadpool-like success for a suit to give the go. And if there is a huge R rated success, prepare for a deluge of copycats

I'll take it, I may think God of War is a male power fantasy gone arwy in God of War 3, but I dig the first game

I still want a Metal Gear game by the way

D i Z

It's gonna take a Deadpool-like success for a suit to give the go. And if there is a huge R rated success, prepare for a deluge of copycats

What does copycats mean though? People have been saying that since Deadpool, and there hasn't been a Deadpool lite yet. There has been a green light for others to take things further though. How they create around their fictions responsibly would be measured just like any other project that's gone there outside of the genre. I'm not sure the reaction of spawning copycats should be a legitimate complaint.

Slayven

WAIT! Wait.

Bloodrayne had a trilogy? *goes to imdb*

Holy shit.

Well technically, there's 1 movie, then 2 other... um... films.
The first movie had a legit cast. Uwe was able to get folks like Billy Zane, Ben Kingsley, Michelle Rodriguez and Meat fucking Loaf. After that, it was no namers. Did either of these flicks make it to theaters? Did any of y'all see them?
You would cry if you saw all the universal soldier and startrooper movies
Fun fact: the dude that raps on the Xenoblade X soundtracks owns and runs one in Harajuku with his wife

http://soulfoodhouse.com/?i=1

I feel like there is some secret colony of black people in asia that escaped the fuckery

What does copycats mean though? People have been saying that since Deadpool, and there hasn't been a Deadpool lite yet. There has been a green light for others to take things further though. How they create around their fictions responsibly would be measured just like any other project that's gone there outside of the genre. I'm not sure the reaction of spawning copycats should be a legitimate complaint.
The Rated r cuts of BvS and Logan's reveal are no coincidence

LionPride

Banned

Yeah, the most successful X-Men movie was a Rated R movie having almost nothing to do with the X-Men, it makes logical sense to make another character people have been clamoring for to have Rated R movie, have well...a Rated R movie

And the Rated R cut of BvS isn't worth an R rating

I'm used to using skype/discord/other programs for voice chat so the smartphone app thing doesn't seem that weird to me, but from a convenience for gamer standpoint I can see how it could be annoying.

From a dev standpoint, it's one less thing we have to worry about lol

D i Z

Not disputing that. But where is the damage? There is no copying outside of a broadening of what is acceptable. Not seeing how any of this is a bad thing considering other film genres aren't held back by this weird standard. If anything we should be cheering that the shackles have been loosened a bit.

Nudull

Banned
So, finally getting to play Final Fantay Type-0.

I'm already in love with its world and its somewhat dark war story (even if it's a little anime at times), but the gameplay and in-game graphics...well, you can tell that this was originally a PSP game.

FyreWulff

i don't understand this shit anymore

like say if it's a multiplat, does the switch version just dim the screen and put up "NOW PULL OUT YOUR PHONE" when you select multiplayer?

remember when having an online company do the account system for Nintendo was supposed to improve it from the previous consoles?

FyreWulff

I am no lawyer, but i am pretty sure when folks are suing you, you shouldn't admit to doing exactly what they said you did

C2fsTUmUoAANCVv.jpg:large

I'm 99% sure Carmack has aspergers or is functional spectrum autistic, and i don't mean that in the mean internet way, he just has all the indicators. problem understanding social cues, lack of empathy / inability to understand empathy, and in this case, people with it tend to rationalize stealing stuff in the way he did.

Johndoey

Banned
I am no lawyer, but i am pretty sure when folks are suing you, you shouldn't admit to doing exactly what they said you did

C2fsTUmUoAANCVv.jpg:large

"I think stealing is an uncharitable way to look at it"

Well shit man, that doesn't change the reality of the situation. Carmack isn't some kid that's ignorant of the way the business world works, he has no excuse.

D i Z

i don't understand this shit anymore

like say if it's a multiplat, does the switch version just dim the screen and put up "NOW PULL OUT YOUR PHONE" when you select multiplayer?

remember when having an online company do the account system for Nintendo was supposed to improve it from the previous consoles?

Bring back Gamespy! They literally were the only reason Nintendo ever had online to begin with, they were so incompetent at doing it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom