• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

:lol

"But it's only technically stealing, guys!"

Zeni's lawyers

FyreWulff

Bring back Gamespy! They literally were the only reason Nintendo ever had online to begin with, they were so incompetent at doing it themselves.

lol, I remember for some reason why nobody seemed to understand why Wii online was shutting down and I had to point out it was because Gamespy did it and they had been bought out and shut down. Then everyone was all "oh".

Gamespy doing the Wii/DS online was one of those things it seems you only knew if kept your ear to the ground on industry stuff.

D i Z

lol, I remember for some reason why nobody seemed to understand why Wii online was shutting down and I had to point out it was because Gamespy did it and they had been bought out and shut down. Then everyone was all "oh".

Gamespy doing the Wii/DS online was one of those things it seems you only knew if kept your ear to the ground on industry stuff.

I'm trying to find the article where the Gamespy guys talk about how they struggled to get them up and running, and how Nintendo didn't have anyone that had ever used XBLA or PSN before, so they had no context of what was being said to them or what they needed functionally.

Edit: It wasn't the Gamespy guys, I heard that story on a podcast and it was a ride in of itself... I don't remember which one. But this is the article I was talking about.

D i Z

I thought it was from a new comedian or something. I knew it was a variation of "you might be a redneck"

I hadn't seen it in ages until the Elections. The joke was that Britain was boasting to the U.S about Brexit and fucking up so badly that no one could ever top it, then the U.S says "hold my beer". Trump wins the presidency. A new idiot is crowned.

shingi70

Banned
Nintendo stay fucking up. The 3DS and Wii U both had serviceable online systems and this seems like a regression on all fronts. A smartphone app should be a add on and not the main way of interacting with your online service.

Nudull

Banned
Nintendo stay fucking up. The 3DS and Wii U both had serviceable online systems and this seems like a regression on all fronts. A smartphone app should be a add on and not the main way of interacting with your online service.

People kept asking for Nintendo to embrace mobile. Monkey's paw, bro.

Anything good out on Netflix, lately? Have some spare cash.

I've been watching Celia lately for the past month. Might make a thread about it tonight or I might wait until I finish the whole thing. It's a lot longer than I expected. The last episode almost had me crying. Other than that I've watched The Host, The Killer, Tai Chi Master, Changeling, and Black Snake Moan on there.

I also just discovered tonight that they took off Xena from the service. That upsets me. That was one of two shows I never wanted taken off.

I feel like this could be used for something.

XcBWXsw.gif

When wypipo show up in a thread discussing blackness and racism and the conversation is about 3 levels too deep in the matrix for them so they just ride on through the thread just like that.

What is the origin of this new "hold my beer" meme?

It's not new. If you've ever been around country ass white folks in their 20s (thank you USMC) and you're drinking, hold my beer is bound to be said and something profoundly dumb is about to be done.

I actually have a story of someone saying "hold my beer" and then killing themselves in a motorcycle crash in the barracks parking lot.

Actually, that's pretty much the story.

Folks over in OT are outraged over the treatment of a dog on a movie set, yet I'm reminded that movies about animals do consistently better box office numbers than movies starring all black casts because "white people struggle to relate to black characters", but have no problem relating to a whole different Ass species.

Point is I wish the threads involving unarmed black men getting killed looked like that dog thread.

Dai101

Banned
Folks over in OT are outraged over the treatment of a dog on a movie set, yet I'm reminded that movies about animals do consistently better box office numbers than movies starring all black casts because "white people struggle to relate to black characters", but have no problem relating to a whole different Ass species.

Point is I wish the threads involving unarmed black men getting killed looked like that dog thread.

#cantrelate

In all seriousness. yeah, it's fuck up and infuriating.

LionPride

Banned
So I just got out from seeing Deray talk at my campus, it was pretty dope. Got some pics with him too.
Look at Big Pimpin' over here

Just messin, that's actually really cool. Angela Davis came to Memphis but that sold out so quickly

Um white folks love dogs why you think people only know Michael Vick as the dog killer and don't talk about how he served time, donates money to organizations meant to help dogs, helps out at shelters, actually got rehabilitated.

The LIST
White Men
Pets(Dogs and cats really)
White Women
Robots
Asian Men
Asian Women
Other minorities that aren't white
Black Men
Black Women
Hispanic/Latino Men
Hispanic/Latino Women
Native Americans because god DAMN are they on the bottom

Um white folks love dogs why you think people only know Michael Vick as the dog killer and don't talk about how he served time, donates money to organizations meant to help dogs, helps out at shelters, actually got rehabilitated.

The hell they STILL give Michael Vick over that shit fuckin sickens me. Like you said, he served his time and is continually paying back the community.

That's why I was so happy when Atlanta give him a huge ovation despite that weak ass attempt to ban him from appearing at the Georgia Dome a few weeks ago.

LionPride

Banned
The hell they STILL give Michael Vick over that shit fuckin sickens me. Like you said, he served his time and is continually paying back the community.

That's why I was so happy when Atlanta give him a huge ovation despite that weak ass attempt to ban him from appearing at the Georgia Dome a few weeks ago.
Nope he had a dog fighting ring and knew about it, Ron Mexico, lalalala I can't hear you say something reasonable

Like it'd be different if Vick didn't do everything he could to do better, but he has. SO has Ray Rice. He and his wife have gone to counseling. He speaks to High school and College athletes telling them not to hit women! But people don't talk about that

Slayven

Scale of 1-10, how heated are all of us gonna be when la la land wins best picture over moonlight

That is why i don't put much stock in those awards. They aren't reall for everyone. They are for hollywood to jerk each other off

Not to say i am not happy when a minority wins, because we put in a lot, we should get some of ti back

LionPride

Banned
Scale of 1-10, how heated are all of us gonna be when la la land wins best picture over moonlight

If it wasn't for the fact I have known it would happen since I heard about La La Land, about a 7 or however mad I was when Taylor Swift won album of the year of TPAB

Now if Manchester by The Sea wins any awards over Moonlight...woo buddy

Reggie really said you have to get a damn app on your phone for matchmaking on Switch

fc4a8390-f5d1-0132-f3e9-0e18518aac2f.gif

Walk me through this because I can't understand the defense force.

So you'd start the game on your switch and select multi player. Then whip your phone out to see whose online, start a party, invite people, connect, launch, and chat.
Then go back to your switch and start playing?

Am I painting an accurate picture?

BigDes

Walk me through this because I can't understand the defense force.

So you'd start the game on your switch and select multi player. Then whip your phone out to see whose online, start a party, invite people, connect, launch, and chat.
Then go back to your switch and start playing?

Am I painting an accurate picture?

This is what it seems like, yes.

Which is all kinds of fucked up, even for Nintendo.

It is weird folks are defending the bullshit, not just defending it. But tickling Nintendo's balls for this
A Nintendo employee could come to their house with a bat and beat them for a minute every time they booted up the switch, and dudes would still be out here trying to rationalize it, and say they don't even notice the disturbance.

Was going to post something but I ain't trying to get banned for possible derailment when I'd just be posting a possible similarity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom