• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caim

Reggie really said you have to get a damn app on your phone for matchmaking on Switch

fc4a8390-f5d1-0132-f3e9-0e18518aac2f.gif

That's terrible and yet people will still defend it.

RedSwirl

I thought the exact same thing lmao

Pokemon is the answer to everything when people ask "how is Nintendo gonna get people on this?"

Switch Pokemon effectively being a console Pokemon while still getting that handheld Japanese audience? Sheeeeeeeeit.

LotusHD

Banned
Pokemon is the answer to everything when people ask "how is Nintendo gonna get people on this?"

Switch Pokemon effectively being a console Pokemon while still getting that handheld Japanese audience? Sheeeeeeeeit.

Exactly. But if for some god forsaken reason people would now have to pay to trade and battle and shit? That'd be a nightmarish scenario. I don't want to think Nintendo is that stupid, but...

But other than that possibility, I don't really see myself using online now that you have to pay for it, so I'll stick to single player games. My condolences for everyone else though.

Cipherr

Arrival was good btw. Would recommend to anyone that likes sci fi that isn't about explosions and boogie men.

Eh.. I don't regret that I watched it, but I was pretty underwhelmed partially because of how hyped everyone got me about it.

It was alright. I desperately wanted the final half of the film to knock it out of the park because I was so patient with the first half and its slow start.

Reggie really said you have to get a damn app on your phone for matchmaking on Switch

fc4a8390-f5d1-0132-f3e9-0e18518aac2f.gif

Fucking moronic. So glad I only really bother with their consoles for Mario Kart these days. Its my one weakness on their roster. Ill pick up MK9 or whatever when it hits and Ill deal with the mess for a few months till it gets old, then sell that shit.

Nudull

Banned
I'd be deathly afraid of being a Nintendo employee. The moment people on the internet know your ass, you have your house boarded up and a baseball bat to defend yourself while nerds surround your house like it's the zombie apocalypse.

D i Z

Eh.. I don't regret that I watched it, but I was pretty underwhelmed partially because of how hyped everyone got me about it.

It was alright. I desperately wanted the final half of the film to knock it out of the park because I was so patient with the first half and its slow start.

That's fair. I was expecting slow, and wasn't disappointed with that aspect. After watching it though, I really had to wonder at all the talk about it being "heady" and complicated. It was as straight forward as it gets, and not at all confusing.

royalan

Fucking exes, fucking on the first date, getting sloppy in the club, being an Instagram thot, hitting up YOUR man in his DMs, buying Nintendo consoles in 2017...

Now which one of these things will I NOT be doing...?

Slayven

Fucking exes, fucking on the first date, getting sloppy in the club, being an Instagram thot, hitting up YOUR man in his DMs, buying Nintendo consoles in 2017...

So Roy....hmmmm Ray J's sister is a Scientologist now?

The bolded for $200 Alex.

You let bruhs hit on the first date tho? you better not be going raw.

Mizerman

Hmm...is it the buying Nintendo part?

royalan

Young Magus

I know what it is but I hope its also one of these two along with it roy......

Nintendo's online app is either going to be a disaster or somehow actually work well despite the fact that it shouldn't

I don't believe it but the mass amounts of shit people will have to eat if this thing is the second coming.

Good god, can you fucking imagine. Not just works well but becomes a standard?!
Pass me a Toon Link avatar if that happens.

Zekes!

I don't believe it but the mass amounts of shit people will have to eat if this thing is the second coming.

Good god, can you fucking imagine. Not just works well but becomes a standard?!
Pass me a Toon Link avatar if that happens.

Yeah, most of me is with everyone else in thinking "what the fuck are they doing", but there's a small part of me that is actually interested in what their crazy fucking idea is.

royalan

Yeah, most of me is with everyone else in thinking "what the fuck are they doing", but there's a small part of me that is actually interested in what their crazy fucking idea is.

Their crazy fucking idea will be a rebranded Mii concept and microtransactions for fuckin hats and capris and shit. Look deep within your soul, you know it to be true.

Lets dispel with the notion that Nintento is trandformative. The Wii was a decade ago, brehs.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So what's going on in here...we'll. I come here to get away from the baffoonery and I see y'all falling for trolls. Gonna start out calling out fanboys then he go full fanboy. Literal bait and switch.

Zekes!

Their crazy fucking idea will be a rebranded Mii concept and microtransactions for fuckin hats and capris and shit. Look deep within your soul, you know it to be true.

Lets dispel with the notion that Nintento is trandformative. The Wii was a decade ago, brehs.

Yo, not gonna lie, I could actually go for some more Mii customization than what they currently have, especially after playing Miitomo for a minute. I ain't gonna pay for jack shit tho.

And I ain't under no impressions about Nintendo being transformative. They make crazy ass decisions for the sake of being different when much better decisions are sitting right there in front of them and have been for forever. In this situation, their decision is so fucking crazy I can't help but be curious about it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yo, not gonna lie, I could actually go for some more Mii customization than what they currently have, especially after playing Miitomo for a minute. I ain't gonna pay for jack shit tho.

And I ain't under no impressions about Nintendo being transformative. They make crazy ass decisions for the sake of being different when much better decisions are sitting right there in front of them and have been for forever. In this situation, their decision is so fucking crazy I can't help but be curious about it.
its not crazy it's different

Nudull

Banned
Guys, I really don't want the Switch to become Vita II: The Quickening.

Then again, with how Nintendo is handling things so far...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
How does someone even come up with this idea though?

"Investors wanted app money, so we will give out a "free" app, and make it so consumers have to pay to get standardized services on this app via another device"

I mean, I just don't get if.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
There's not really anything on a console version of Pokemon that would trump the handheld versions. That's where I start laughing, because people think a console edition will somehow blow out a handheld version feature-wise.
But preorders would be uncancelled if it was just announced.

LotusHD

Banned
You think pokemon could've saved the Wii U? Shit Mario kart didn't even save it and that title had a 66% attach rate

I don't know what they were doing with the Wii U, so no comment there. All I know is people have wanted a mainline Pokemon game on consoles for the longest time. So to have that within reach, but have it still be portable as well due to how the Switch works, is a dream come true.

Also, I said that jokingly btw. I dunno what will "save" the Switch, or if it even already needs "saving" since it's not even out yet. Just that... I hope Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not put it on there as soon as possible.

There's not really anything on a console version of Pokemon that would trump the handheld versions. That's where I start laughing, because people think a console edition will somehow blow out a handheld version feature-wise.

It'll look far nicer for one thing.

royalan

I will go to my grave insisting that there was a window of time where Nintendo could have literally taken over the world with a full-fledged Pokemon MMORPG.

Alas, Nintendo has been allergic to good ideas since the the demise of the Gamecube.

I will go to my grave insisting that there was a window of time where Nintendo could have literally taken over the world with a full-fledged Pokemon MMORPG.

Alas, Nintendo has been allergic to good ideas since the the demise of the Gamecube.

But where's the good idea in this post?

D i Z

I don't know what they were doing with the Wii U, so no comment there. All I know is people have wanted a mainline Pokemon game on consoles for the longest time. So to have that within reach, but have it still be portable as well due to how the Switch works, is a dream come true.

Also, I said that jokingly btw. I dunno what will "save" the Switch, or if it even already needs "saving" since it's not even out yet. Just that... I hope Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not put it on there as soon as possible.

Probably because they were envisioning Pokemon unleashed, yeah? The most feature complete, graphically stunning, and most massive open world that a pokey poke could ever be caught in.

Not on these specs tho...

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Also, I said that jokingly btw. I dunno what will "save" the Switch, or if it even already needs "saving". Just that... I hope Nintendo isn't stupid enough to not put it on there as soon as possible.

If the switch is indeed taking the mantle of both handheld and console branches of Nintendo game freak doesn't have a choice so we'll eventually see. Personally I want to see what's going to happen to this console at the end of the year. I want to know more. Unfortunately Nintendo haven't been exactly forthcoming with all the details on their console and they're making it easier for people to no to them regardless of the franchise or qualify of games they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom