• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Probably because they were envisioning Pokemon unleashed, yeah? The most feature complete, graphically stunning, and most massive open world that a pokey poke could ever be caught in.

Not on these specs tho...

I mean, if BoTW can be so highly anticipated despite us wishing it could look far better, then people can get just as hyped for a Pokemon game built from the ground up for the Switch, even if it doesn't match what's in our heads lol

If the switch is indeed taking the mantle of both handheld and console branches of Nintendo game freak doesn't have a choice so we'll eventually see. Personally I want to see what's going to happen to this console at the end of the year. I want to know more. Unfortunately Nintendo haven't been exactly forthcoming with all the details on their console and they're making it easier for people to no to them regardless of the franchise or qualify of games they offer.

Guess we gotta wait for E3 or something, I dunno. Meanwhile I'll just ride the drought with PS4 games I guess...

Zekes!

You'll certainly feel a shock when you get infected with rabies by a oppossum though.

No oppossum's here, unfortunately. Guess I'll have to travel to find me one and capture it. In the meanwhile I'll go see if I can capture a cougar or bear cub to start my team. Or maybe a raccoon or a marmot. The marmot's are pretty endangered tho

That dude punching a Bellsprout to death is a certain level of brutality I wasn't prepared for

D i Z

No one ever is...

----

So people really believe in Zelda being playable huh?

Would be cool, but I dunno. They're pretty weird about the forced tensions around it. They should just do and say fuck it. Open up the world and their options a bit.

I never realized there were that many distinguishing characteristics between marmots...

D i Z

I'm also wondering if this app will only work on the latest versions of smartphones out there.
That would be a double back hand.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean, I guess if I were going to make her playable, I'd make that shit a big ass secret for the lols, because you know everyone will go crazy over it once they find out.

But then you got fans harping on every little thing, thinking it magically suggests that she is, and I'm just like... No. Do not get your hopes up lol

She'll accompany us at best, as truly nothing allows me to comfortably entertain the thought of us getting to play as her. I mean hell, we see in this game that we can come across people fighting monsters on their own, so I would sooner say that Zelda would be more like that, rather than her turning out to be playable like we playing Witcher 3 lol
Ciri was fun.

When I look at people's posts and what not, it basically just comes down to "It's 2017, of course they'd finally let us play as her"

Shy

I really hope that in Splatoon 2 you have the option to turn the rumble off. (you weren't able to in the first one)

The reason it's important to me is. I'm an epileptic and i had to stop the playing the first one because it would set me off. 😭

D i Z

To make the MMORPG a rogue like?

Only if there is destructibility on pokeballs when used. Chance of fatal real world re-entry increases with usage.

I really hope that in Splatoon 2 you have the option to turn the rumble off. (you weren't able to in the first one)

The reason it's important to me is. I'm an epileptic and i had to stop the playing the first one because it would set me off. ��

That's crazy that there wasn't an option for that in settings.

BigDes

The reason it's important to me is. I'm an epileptic and i had to stop the playing the first one because it would set me off. 😭

I wouldn't think it is likely, seeing as how HD rumble is the new thing NIntendo are trying to make happen.

LotusHD

Banned
GAF is just glorious sometimes

What is wrong with you?

Ask your mom... but seriously, I just like good games. The Witcher 3, Fallout New Vegas, Tales of Vesperia, Shenmue, Super Mario Galaxy, Odin Sphere, Uncharted 4, Gears 4 etc. but not that shit I listed before. I've seen posters gush over that garbage, and they have received entirely too much attention imho.

I just asked. She said you probably shouldn't be allowed to post on this forum anymore. Sorry.

fNDACyy.jpg

D i Z

In case you missed this in the thread, David Young takes a crack at it as well.

Also one of many germane highlights in the article.

Most of the titles shown for the Switch were console caliber offerings. With the system also being portable, however, I wondered if it would ever see smaller 3DS-style games that we could also play on a TV.

Young emphasized that the Switch is a home console that can be taken on the go, not the other way around, and that the Switch launch won't mean the end of the 3DS.

FlyQuest overpaid for their roster, plain and simple. Milwaukee Bucks co-owner Wesley Edens purchased the spot previously owned by Cloud9 Challenger for $1.8 million and then later acquired contract rights to four of the players of that team for another $700,000. The roster of An "Balls" Van Le, Hai "Hai" Du Lam, Johnny "Altec" Ru and Daerek "LemonNation" Hart is manageable and likely won't come in last place, but frankly, $700,000 is a bucketload of money that could've been spent in better ways during the offseason if Edens and his team had moved earlier. - via ESPN

Man these NBA guys buying into League of Legends, must be because of the Staples Center matches and the sheer numbers for the game
Bucks, 76ers, Golden state, wizards owners with teams
Rick Fox from lakers with one

Good morning all.

I had leg day at the gym.

I think I'll be working from my home office today and hopefully I can also find time to update my resume and linkedin since it needs sprucing. Anyone taken the GMAT before? I think I'll be taking mine early this summer

Greetings..

I don't believe it but the mass amounts of shit people will have to eat if this thing is the second coming.

Good god, can you fucking imagine. Not just works well but becomes a standard?!
Pass me a Toon Link avatar if that happens.

lol..Yeah, I'm sure.

Good grief. Does the nigga own stock? Everybody coopting this "fake news" term for whenever they don't like a negative thing being said about their favorite product is really getting tired..

GAF is just glorious sometimes

fNDACyy.jpg

giphy.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So people really believe in Zelda being playable huh?

I could see Zelda being playable in brief interludes during the story. Like you control her in 3 or 4 missions in between whatever Link is doing. That seems like something Nintendo would do.

It's not going to happen though. The clue is that Zelda has voice acting and Link doesn't.

At the gym.

Morning folks.

Nintendo has their fans by the balls. I mean damn.

Its not just Ninty.

These Trumpers are making my blood boil. Fucking "Get over it?"

Like the orange fuck didn't come at 3/4ths of the entire country?

They're fucking idiots I swear, and even worse, they're fucking cowards. Smile in your goddamn face but wouldn't dare say the bullshit they spew online IRL.

Fucking lookie loos

Its not just Ninty.

These Trumpers are making my blood boil. Fucking "Get over it?"

Like the orange fuck didn't come at 3/4ths of the entire country?

They're fucking idiots I swear, and even worse, they're fucking cowards. Smile in your goddamn face but wouldn't dare say the bullshit they spew online IRL.

Fucking lookie loos

Just know that these "get over it" idiots will never share their opinion outside of the internet or in their [more than likely] homogenous town.

Izuna

Banned
I did not keep my cool with this one dude prior to the group presentation.

"The App doesn't matter!" He said as we're about to present an app.

I'm happy I'm a decent orator of BS when necessary.

Just one more exam then I can rest. *phew*

At the gym.

Morning folks

Same, mornin!

Greetings..

lol..Yeah, I'm sure.

Sup fool.
Just imagine the anarchy is all I'm saying.

Kill it at the gym bro.

Nintendo fans are victims lol

The real victims are they regular gaming fans who fell for this shit too. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for some of the games coming out, but man I was all in on the "all Nintendo devs will be focused on this solely"

I want to know how you guys feel about the "Talented Tenth" philosophy. The notion that it is ~1 out of every 10, and that it is always a man; will be the leaders of the race.

It's seems very paternalistic and dismissive but I haven't read into it but I reject the notion that it is always going to be a small percentage (10%) of men leading the race.

WEB wrote about it more than a century ago and I want to read more into to see how it aged.

Offset, Quavo, and Takeoff are all apart of the talented tenth

I want to know how you guys feel about the "Talented Tenth" philosophy. The notion that it is ~1 out of every 10, or that it is always a man; the idea that the minority of a race can be expected to lead all of it.

It's seems very paternalistic and dismissive but I haven't read into it but I reject the notion that it is always going to be a small percentage (10%) of men leading the race.

WEB wrote about it more than a century ago and I want to read more into to see how it aged.

Offset, Quavo, and Takeoff are all apart of the talented tenth

It's the one thing I absolutely hate about DuBois tbh. Rings false, is pretty damn sexist, and has never looked that way practically.

It's the Great Man Theory. Which has never been true.

Imm0rt4l

It's the one thing I absolutely hate about DuBois tbh. Rings false, is pretty damn sexist, and has never looked that way practically.

iirc he also believed that American black folks were civilized and superior to African blacks. Not that I don't forgive the ignorance and colorism when science and history (especially then) bended towards white supremacy. I'm more interested in the ideas of contemporary leaders, some things need to be left in the past.

Infinite

I truly believe that many see Nintendo as the last bastion of hope for true gaming experiences. Whatever that means. Like DD SSID, fandoms are terrible things
I just like Nintendo games and they have a pretty cool stable of franchises. Yeah they do make some bone headed decisions from time to time that I dont get paid to make excuses for but at the end of the day i'm getting a switch sooner than later. It's really that simple

I never heard of the Great Man Theory before, but doing a very very small amount of googling it does just look like a copy+paste job with a few [insert]>"African-American" and [delete]>Europe(an)

Slayven

Get the fuck outta here.

Not MY Moesha!

Let me check #BlakTwitter

The fuck I look like? Ain't nobody getting a raw taste of this poom poom.

You triflin ass...we gon fight one day.
Roy throwing hands, we are truly the darkest timeline
Folks need help
There's not really anything on a console version of Pokemon that would trump the handheld versions. That's where I start laughing, because people think a console edition will somehow blow out a handheld version feature-wise.
It should imagine a console Pokemon done right. They can start at blue and red, and every six months sell a new region with the new pokemon
This white fragility thread is so meta

Folks don't get it because they don't want to.

Imm0rt4l

Folks don't get it because they don't want to.
Word. They have a vested interest in white supremacy. I can only hope that some of the good ones™ are observing the white reactionaries cutting a fool in that thread, and that they may do some introspection. Not that they'll divest themselves of whiteness.

Word. They have a vested interest in white supremacy. I can only hope that some of the good ones™ are observing the white reactionaries cutting a fool in that thread, and that they may do some introspection. Not that they'll divest themselves of whiteness.

All of this.

And I'd actually respect them a tiny bit if they just admitted that it was in their best interest in white supremacy continuing and that's that. At least I know where you stand and more importantly, they admit to themselves that's where they stand, as opposed to all this white moderate shit that muddies the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom