• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLma

It brings up a good point tho:

I want one of the black folks who respond to "we should really think about going back to Africa and building there" with "I'm not leaving here, this is my home, moving is hard" with how do you realistically think things are going to get better with people who can't even discuss race or systemic racism in the first place? They've been the same people since 1619 and given zero evidence that at their core they have any desire to actually dismantle any of the things that try to keep black people down, so why? Yeah, its gonna be hella hard to build something from scratch and build a new home, but nothing worth doing tends to be easy. It wasn't easy getting here, and they damn sure won't make it easy to leave.

Hell, the best analogy would be like hanging out at a racist frat party hoping they will hopefully not be racist at the end of the party, but since you won't leave and keep asking to get a beer from the keg, they are going to call the police on their own party to get it shut down rather than you have a beer. At a certain point, seems more productive to have your own party, invite who you want, etc. And yeah, you're thinking "how I'm gonna hold my own party? I don't have a house, I got like 7 dollars!" But if there's anything I know about black folks, its that we can take less than nothing and make some good shit out of it, and I truly feel that's what needs to be done.

...or we can keep integrating into a burning building. Whatevs.

I think we still underestimate how much of America(and all of Europe, by way of America) is sustained by oppression of the underclass. The US, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Australia, even Russia with all of their sanctions. They might not be on the same team with each other, but when the Christian Empire starts looking weak they know when it's time to fall in line and extract value from some people who don't look like them. White's have been building their "world order" on the backs of blacks/mixed races for way beyond 1619.

andthebeatgoeson

I just like Nintendo games. They have the best First Party titles.

I just like Nintendo games and they have a pretty cool stable of franchises. Yeah they do make some bone headed decisions from time to time that I dont get paid to make excuses for but at the end of the day i'm getting a switch sooner than later. It's really that simple
It's why I'll get the switch. But I learned a long time ago to get a PC. Just need something else.
I understand as a cheerleader or evangelist why you would want the Switch to have a stronger launch line up, and especially in the case of gaming websites who rarely pay for their own games.

From my personal point of view I just don't see the problem with the line up. Yes it should probably be bigger to succeed, but man that's not my problem at all. Plus I own other consoles and spring alone for me is going to have

Switch launch (Zelda, Bomberman, eshop games)
Mass Effect
Halo Wara
Mario Kart
Fire Emblem echoes
Injustice 2

All that alone should hold me over to the fall.
One of the best things you can adopt about nintendo anything. Not my problem to worry about whether they succeed or fail. They bring a few games a year, I'll be happy. I want them to succeed but some things aren't meant to be. At least I'm not a sega or Sonic fan.

Nah, just fucking around. They really need to look outside the window. An app may be a great secondary thing but should not the only way to connect. Just do a few things Sony is doing. Not sure how they couldn't have figured this out. They won't figure it out, at this pace.

Shy

Greetings..
Good morrow my brother.
Morning folks.
Morning.
I did not keep my cool with this one dude prior to the group presentation.

"The App doesn't matter!" He said as we're about to present an app.

I'm happy I'm a decent orator of BS when necessary.

Just one more exam then I can rest. *phew*
Break a leg.
FFS. idiots
by the way, if anybody hasn't watched Star Trek Deep Space Nine, you need to get on that shit
DS9 is my fav Star Trek series.

Good morrow my brother.

giphy.gif

Slayven

Hollywood think they fuck with dogs? I seen people get more upset at police shooting a dog then a black child. Everybody going to get some

shingi70

Banned
If I were an indie developer I'd be targeting the switch as soon as I could. Indie developers cleaned up on the 3DS and Wii U in a large way.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I hate accelerationism but when folks realize the okey doke.....

will they realize though

Fox News is the most popular news channel in the country and they are literally republican propaganda

the amount of spin they can put on anything is staggering

shingi70

Banned
Regarding this article on Kotaku about Awesome Games done quick and it's controversies. There's a clip of some dudes speed running Pokemon and one of the white dudes yells fucking niggers for a $1000 donation. Everyone in the room.including this brother is laughing at the joke.

Even getting banned that streamer would have caught a fist to the face.

Regarding this article on Kotaku about Awesome Games done quick and it's controversies. There's a clip of some dudes speed running Pokemon and one of the white dudes yells fucking niggers for a $1000 donation. Everyone in the room.including this brother is laughing at the joke.

was this at the event or just a random stream?

Slayven

Video games as an industry and community have a lot of growing up to do

I'm not giving the inauguration a damn second of my eyeballs.

Gonna get hammered and play Skyrim instead.

I am just going to chill and catch up on The Flash. Fuck all that shit

Nudull

Banned
Oh fuck me, the concert's tonight? Family' going to be insufferable.

Nights like these where I'm fucking glad I have video games.

Nudull

Banned
"Rap music is too modern and goofy for our nerdy properties about people in spandex punching each other in the crotch. God, I wish there was some way we could dictate divisions within our music so that certain genres can have their own thing without stepping out of the lines we made. Separate, yes, but also...equal, in a sense."

shingi70

Banned
Yeah but it happened to the TMNT trailer, and the Mortal Kombat X reveal trailer, and a few other things

It's so blantently anti black, because these same dudes will bump the fuck out of it if the launcher is changed to Japanese or Korean.

Reminds me of a friend who only listens to Japanese and Korean music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom