• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Shy is the console fanboy the industry needs but doesn't deserve.
6xlRCiA.png

I am no fucking fanboy, sir.
7pq1tGo.gif

Sch1sm

You make me sad in my heart, my dear.

The Wii U is an excellent console, with many good exclusives on it.

With me, all machines are paperweights, but that's because i can never find the energy to play anything. (i am the GAF stereotype)

Play ya damn vidya games. (I think we're all like that). My PS3 bricked and I was going through games and I was disappointed in the amount of titles I bought but never played.

Used mine today actually!
(It's at my girls house and I needed to finish Luke Cage)

This still hurts me.

I use my Wii U everyday. Aside from blu rays it's my go to media box since Sony wireless chips ain't shit. Still playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions as well.

You probably the only one. At the very least, the only one playing that over Splatoon/Mario Maker/Smash because I never hear anyone playing it for anything else. 💀

Play ya damn vidya games. (I think we're all like that). My PS3 bricked and I was going through games and I was disappointed in the amount of titles I bought but never played.

This still hurts me.

You probably the only one. At the very least, the only one playing that over Splatoon/Mario Maker/Smash because I never hear anyone playing it for anything else. 💀

I played mine's for 3D World and Shantae.

Shy

I should do.

It's one of the reasons that makes me not want to get Mafia 3, cause i'll play it for a couple of hours then put it down and never touch it again.
I'm sorry :(
It's cool.

I didn't mean to sound so harsh.

Be glad I converted to a peaceful religion and put violence behind me

There been several night nurses

And it's not like they couldn't combine characters anyway. Off the wiki page it said comic Claire Temple was a doctor, while she's a nurse in this, so making her this Night Nurse couldn't be that big of a stretch.

Sch1sm

Good games, guys. Shy, missed catching a beat down from you. Hope I'll catch you in the coming days. 🤗

Night, y'all.

I was watching Luke Cage and in the church when he was talking the subtitles said "all agreeing" or "audible agreement".
Why is it that black people do the audible agreements much more than other races?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is JRPG of the year, thanks to Persona 5 getting pushed to Feb. ;P

Southern Bapist church culture.

Now that you mentioned that I noticed you see a lot more church and barber shop scenes in movies and shows with black casts than in white ones despite me watching more of their stuff in general. When it comes to churches mainly if I see one in a white show it's either Catholic or Jewish. I wonder why that is?

Night Sch1sm.

Now that you mentioned that I noticed you see a lot more church and barber shop scenes in movies and shows with black casts than in white ones despite me watching more of their stuff in general. When it comes to churches mainly if I see one in a white show it's either Catholic or Jewish. I wonder why that is?

Night Sch1sm.

White folks tend to make the shows and their upbringings are largely Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish in nature. They write what they know. You probably won't have a black showrunner do a show or skit about Confessional, for example.

cdyhybrid

BLM protests last night with over 600 people get 90 seconds on the Sunday night news - a group of four black dudes who show up to counter-protest on some All Lives Matter shit get 5 minutes. The media is trash.

White folks tend to make the shows and their upbringings are largely Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish in nature. They write what they know. You probably won't have a black showrunner do a show or skit about Confessional, for example.

Catholic and Jewish must heavily outweigh Protestant because I can't think of any scenes with that and what about barber shops. Don't white people get their hair cut too?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm at a crossroads. I don't know which character I like more.

Bruce Leeroy, Luke Cage, or Shaolin Fantastic.

The inner hypeman is telling me Luke. Nostalgia is telling me Bruce Leeroy. But my personal interests are telling me Fantastic.

Sch1sm

Have any of you listened to this Solange album? A Seat at the Table, or whatever? Seems to be getting a lot of love.

Kreed

Catholic and Jewish must heavily outweigh Protestant because I can't think of any scenes with that and what about barber shops. Don't white people get their hair cut too?

The Barbershop and Beauty Salon experience for black people is bigger than just getting your hair cut for black people and is a more of a "community" experience than most white barbershops, which is why they show up in more black US films. As for Protestant churches, Protestant churches in the US are basically every non Catholic Christian Church in film, including Baptist Churches, so I think there are probably more cases of Protestant churches in film than you realize.

shingi70

Banned
Man went to RpG codex despite being warned not to over by gaming side. That shit is Storefront if they talked about crpgs.

Don't know why dudes get so sensitive about watching shit with their girls. My girl had did the sweat wipe to both Mike Colter and Chris Evans but outside of karmic fuckery she won't get with either of them.

Slayven

Man went to RpG codex despite being warned not to over by gaming side. That shit is Storefront if they talked about crpgs.

Don't know why dudes get so sensitive about watching shit with their girls. My girl had did the sweat wipe to both Mike Colter and Chris Evans but outside of karmic fuckery she won't get with either of them.

I think on the internet there is a natural drift toward being shitheads. The longer the existence the more and more it happens to places

Bronx-Man

Banned
I really just watched Method Man dap up a nigga in the MCU. I'm surprised they didn't pull out some Hostess fruit pies to advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom