• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just wanted to add that i also rep the wiiU but I also am the gaf stereotype of never playing games anymore

shingi70

Banned
Don't play my Wii u that much. Will either give it too my girlfriend's brother to play Mario (he's 4) or sale it to go toward getting an NX.

Funny I'm at my girlfriend and her brother gets off the pre K school buses and is Uber excited runs past her and their dog to give me a hug. Felt good.

I'm thinking of buying a puppy just to up my Tinder game to maximum levels. I'll be unstoppable.

I've seen so many "I might have swiped right because you had a dog" comments on girl's profiles, you might be right, at least here in New England
where I see to primarily match with Asians, because I guess I'm not as generic as the thousands of white dudes on here

harSon

Banned
I've seen so many "I might have swiped right because you had a dog" comments on girl's profiles, you might be right, at least here in New England
where I see to primarily match with Asians, because I guess I'm not as generic as the thousands of white dudes on here

It's definitely true. I've already tested the waters with a picture of me and my friend's puppy, and I got a shit ton of "is that your dog?!" first responses.

Long time lurker, so might as well post something.
Where you're from - British and South African citizen, born in Zimbabwe
Where you live - London, England
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Shona people of Zimbabwe
Do you know your roots - Shona people
Favorite musical genre - Will listen to pretty much anything that sounds good
Your profession/major/career interest - MSc Software Engineering
Your religious affliation - Christian
Hobbies - Too many to list
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - None
Marvel or DC? - DC
Favorite superhero? - The Flash
Anime or Nah? - Yea
Favorite sport and team? - I don't watch sports
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Don't know

Numb

What is your age? - 25
Marvel or DC? - DC
Anime or Nah? - Yea
welcome

Mizerman

What is your age? - 25
Marvel or DC? - DC
Anime or Nah? - Yea

Greetings.

Slayven

LOL. No no. i'm still the same old me.

judas-bullet-diamondback-luke-cage.jpg

I haved a leaked preview of the script originally
the bullets was called the Shy Bullet, because they go in smooth then blow your back out

BCT, I've got a confession to make. I love
Eminem
. I've been listening to him since middle school and he finds a way into all of my playlists. He's in my top 5 list of favorite rappers, and I don't think it's changing anytime soon.

cdyhybrid

Eminem
. I've been listening to him since middle school and he finds a way into all of my playlists. He's in my top 5 list of favorite rappers, and I don't think it's changing anytime soon.
He's a good rapper. He's just not the GOAT of GOATs that stans make him out to be.

Eminem

Nothing wrong with Eminem. He's just not the best of the best some people make him out to be.

LOL. No no. i'm still the same old me.

Lol. You out here running the block now. No games. Just cigarettes being exchanged

judas-bullet-diamondback-luke-cage.jpg

I haved a leaked preview of the script originally
the bullets was called the Shy Bullet, because they go in smooth then blow your back out

Lol this

My issue is more how hard he fell off imo.

This is my problem. What happened? He's made the same damn song for the past 10-15 years

Safe travels back.

Thanks. 10 hours of flight, incoming! :(

12 days as slayven's spirit avatar. Must've been something else

I didn't speak the language so I communicated exclusively with random panels from comic books.

Hope you've been having a lovely trip.

The experience as a Black person in an extremely homogeneous society has been something for sure. Someone asked me to describe what it felt like and I explained it like this:

Japan is like an ant colony that has been running efficiently for centuries. Based on the specific needs it has to operate, it has been pretty self contained. Someone like me entering into the colony is like a beetle wandering in. They aren't aggressive to the beetle but they aren't welcoming either. They recognize that the beetle isn't an ant and they give it a bit of a raised eyebrow while continuing to mill on about their business.

It isn't good or bad, it just is. I still had a great time exploring and seeing a new culture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom