• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Why are these hippity hop negroes from the black entertainment television sullying the sanctity of The Game Awards, brought to you by Schick Hydro and the Schick Hydrobot?
Killer Mike and El-P and Rae Sremmurd are the reason Hip-Hop is dead! I miss the days when it was Fred Durst, Vanilla Ice, and Eminem at the top!

I want Kendrick and ladysmith black mambazo on the soundtrack

No one edits the obscure band that like 12 people on youtube know about

That obscure band makes good music ya know? Unlike that music played in those RAP CARS!!

Slayven, imagine if you will, Alright by Kendrick Lamar being played in the BP trailer. Or Strange Fruit. Or My President is Black. Or Step in the Name of Love, the unofficial black anthem. Imagine

LionPride

Banned
Oh my, prestigious University and prospective school for me, Washington University in St. Louis has a class on Kanye that filled up quickly. The people know.

LionPride

Banned
Man fuck Trump, I waited my whole life for this goddamn movie

I feel like we gotta make it to February of next year, gonna be the blackest Black History Month to ever be a Black History Month. There are like three named white people in Black Panther. Three. And it's not a black movie about religion saving everything, or cheating, or abuse, or a crazy obsessive dude/woman.

cinco

Oh shit. Anybody remember the Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers? Crunchyroll added the whole series today. Brings back memories - used to cook my little brother breakfast every day during the summer and we'd watch that while we ate.

Sch1sm

About the Ye thing tho

Didn't they invite 2Chainz and he turned it down?

You telling me a dude called Titty Boi is more American than Ye?

2Chainz reaction was...

"I know they only doing this because they can't get nobody else," he explained. "I had to say 'nah,' no matter how much money it was. I probably won't be going to the White House no time soon."

Dai101

Banned
oh yeah, the white house will have another rumored coke sniffer in the oval office. And I can very easily believe Big Donald likes the nose candy.

One of the favourite past time of rich white people is preciselly nose candy. And seeing the WH is going to be fill with them for the duration looks appropiate.

I'm taking a class on Native American history and we have to do a discussion on Chief Wahoo (Cleveland Indians mascot). People still trying to play dumb that the shit is offensive even though Native Americans have been fighting this shit since the 70s. Mothafuckas talking about they should feel honored.

spoof-t-shirts-are-a-surprising-hit-caucasians-shirt-designed-to-raise-a-point-2c02cd52cd275501.jpg

D i Z

I'm taking a class on Native American history and we have to do a discussion on Chief Wahoo (Cleveland Indians mascot). People still trying to play dumb that the shit is offensive even though Native Americans have been fighting this shit since the 70s. Mothafuckas talking about they should feel honored.

spoof-t-shirts-are-a-surprising-hit-caucasians-shirt-designed-to-raise-a-point-2c02cd52cd275501.jpg

Should rock that shirt for the next discussion.

I like how quickly black queer folk were erased... and instead they were treated as usurpers... shit is the same reason a lot of feminism is fucking garbage....

LionPride

Banned
I like how quickly black queer folk were erased... and instead they were treated as usurpers... shit is the same reason a lot of feminism is fucking garbage....

The few times I remember the privalige I have as a straight cis-man, comes when I see how people treat black women and black LGBTQ people. Ain't right.

Should rock that shirt for the next discussion.

In my opinion, i do not think sports teams such as the Cleveland Indians should have to change there name and mascot. There is nothing stereotyped or wrong with having a mascot named the same as a past away Indian. The team isn't making fun of Indians or doing anything wrong. If anything, Indians should be proud that such a high level and widely watched team is representing them with their name.

Its an online discussion but I made sure to use the picture in my response. This the shit I'm dealing with here.

akira28

it wasn't resolved in the BLM festival thread last year, so of course expect the same arguments and their owners to show up with their tried and true again. The issue gets talked into the ground or the thread gets locked because of reasons, but it doesn't get resolved here until something changes in the real world.

don't challenge the illusion is the lesson. in games and in real life. people get pissed and rebel against you.

Killer Mike and El-P and Rae Sremmurd are the reason Hip-Hop is dead! I miss the days when it was Fred Durst, Vanilla Ice, and Eminem at the top!

That obscure band makes good music ya know? Unlike that music played in those RAP CARS!!

Slayven, imagine if you will, Alright by Kendrick Lamar being played in the BP trailer. Or Strange Fruit. Or My President is Black. Or Step in the Name of Love, the unofficial black anthem. Imagine

If they played Alright for the BP trailer, the trailer could literally be the entire main cast standing in costume with a white background not doing shit for the whole song and it would be the most lit trailer of all time.

Malyse

Disney is going to make a deal so the country survives until the 2nd weekend of it
Trump isn't stupid enough to fuck with Disney.

Also, I am way more sick than I thought. This has moved into my lungs, I have a recurring fever with headache and insomnia (which makes me tired too), and I ain't ate more than a few Reese's cups and some donuts since Sunday.

I can't afford this shit. I hate children. Damn infection sponges.

D i Z

Also, I am way more sick than I thought. This has moved into my lungs, I have a recurring fever with headache and insomnia (which makes me tired too), and I ain't ate more than a few Reese's cups and some donuts since Sunday.

Are we going to have to send an uber over to pick you up so that you can get checked out?

Grab a cab and a bottle of whiskey and get to the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom