• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Oh, just realised what you guys were talking about.

The portrait of the black girl is the best one. Bunch of BS in that thread.

Infinite

It's not the video services in and of themselves. I would have never used them either.

It's the failure to compete. The complete and utter failure to dot the i's and cross the t's that has become SYNONYMOUS with "Nintendo" for the last decade.

It just telegraphs well before I even THINK about opening my wallet that this is just going to be another half-assed, bare minimum, fan suckering, "please give us enough money to stay afloat" Nintendo venture.

I don't need fucking Zelda and Mario that goddamn badly. Especially since they stopped being "Best in Genre" ages ago.
It's not that serious. The moment Nintendo stops making games I want to play is the moment I stop caring about them and buying their consoles. That hasn't happened yet for me. It's really that simple.

Izuna

Banned
Which is why it's my avi

better quality for you

HtaqKf5.png

(i cropped it the same way you did)

G'morning all. Finished deadlift day at the gym.

My firm is working from home today so I have a few things to push out before I go get a haircut around noon.

I truthfully don't feel like today is anything special or fearful. I've been Black in America since birth and nothing has stopped me before. I just know I'm not giving anyone on the opposition an inch, including online Libertarians, white moderates, and respectable blacks.

G'morning all. Finished deadlift day at the gym.

My firm is working from home today so I have a few things to push out before I go get a haircut around noon.

I truthfully don't feel like today is anything special or fearful. I've been Black in America since birth and nothing has stopped me before. I just know I'm not giving anyone on the opposition an inch, including online Libertarians, white moderates, and respectable blacks.

Did barrel curls, leg press, calf raises, curls, kettlebell swings, and now working with 235 on the bench.

I got house business to attend to today. Too busy being thankful for the blessings

Good to see optimism in this thread. My greatest fear about Trump is that he actually improves the lives of (white) Americans. And we're gonna get a collective "that Trump guy is not so bad" while everyone suffers. I'm more worried about Muslim americans who are now officially labeled as enemies by the government. But we will persevere, it's just what we do.

I will be building an underground railroad for all Negros via Canada.
You must be in Cali and I'll take you through to Vancouver.
You heard it here first. The fee is to bring some food for entry.
But it must have proper seasoning.
Cornbread is universally accepted otherwise.

---

On a serious note. While this isn't the ideal outcome and that's an understatement. We've gone through worse. And we've overcome too much to let this set us back, don't give them the satisfaction.

Good Morning BCT in the words of King Kunta. We gon' be alright.

giphy.gif

akira28

Which is why it's my avi

she should smile more, she would look better.

life's just not that bad. she's making herself feel worse

edit: we're going to be fine. America? Who knows. But the people aren't going anywhere. 50 state federal whatever might be overextended in the post- oligarchical age especially since they've proven one side can kick the card table over at will. how sustainable is a 20th Century nostalgic America when people are showing they're not even willing to run it?

shingi70

Banned
I'll give Trump this he's a genius at the art of deflection. I'm not sure if intentional or not, but it's greatly helped his campaign.

Even last night more.people were mocking his concert instead of his connections with Russia.

I really wish u would have gotten my degree, but now I'm about to expedite getting with the Republicans in office.

I'll give Trump this he's a genius at the art of deflection. I'm not sure if intentional or not, but it's greatly helped his campaign.

Even last night more.people were mocking his concert instead of his connections with Russia.

I really wish u would have gotten my degree, but now I'm about to expedite getting with the Republicans in office.
He manages to create counter controversies every time, its bananas

Izuna

Banned
I was so sure about emigrating to the US but screw that nonsense now.

So...

Open book exam means... Internet allowed. Pffffffft

The Obamas and the Trumps just met up, and I had to watch this orange cunt pretend to kiss Michelle on the cheek. Barry and Michelle are so classy. I couldn't do it.

zeemumu

I'm getting a "But for me, it was Tuesday" kind of vibe from today. I think immediate problems are taking up too much space in my mind right now. This will probably hit me harder later in the day after I get back from class

RedSwirl

I was just thinking: where's the best repository to get archives of the Ferguson live streams? Someone yesterday was talking about Vine being one of the top places for them and that's closing down.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Survived slavery, reconstruction, Jim Crow, law and order, Ronald Reagan, and everything in between. They just don't know

Exactly. There are a few white women up at work who supported Clinton are tearing up. I want to tell the them that if I was crying about Trump getting elected my great-great grandfather would come back to life just to slap me in the face. He dealt with alot worse than anything Trump can throw at me.

I will be building an underground railroad for all Negros via Canada.
You must be in Cali and I'll take you through to Vancouver.
You heard it here first. The fee is to bring some food for entry.
But it must have proper seasoning.
Cornbread is universally accepted otherwise.

---

On a serious note. While this isn't the ideal outcome and that's an understatement. We've gone through worse. And we've overcome too much to let this set us back, don't give them the satisfaction.

Good Morning BCT in the words of King Kunta. We gon' be alright.

giphy.gif

You know what fam? Putting the Alright video on repeat starting right fucking now.

andthebeatgoeson

Watch us persevere. Watch us overcome. A sector of the country said we should not exist. We will rise. I ain't fearing a got damn thing
Put some respeckt on that. Yeah, boi!
Only thing I'm fearful of is...wait I got nothing.

I'm not fearful for me. I'm fearful for my kids. But that was true with Obama. Just don't have hope for the next few years. For the supreme court. For democrats to not shit the bed at the end of 2028. Obama gave the blueprint and she fucked it up. But I'm sure we'll bounce back. They won't like 2020.

Still I Rise

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

Izuna

Banned
What class is it for? I had a couple when I was in undergrad but graduate was a different story.

System Admin

Simple stuff but my account was fucked because I missed all the labs. I'm sure I got 96% tho

I am FUCKING FREE

And pussy is flying my way from Tokyo in 2 days. Life is good (completely ignoring Trump rn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom