• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

"Anyone know where I can find a Caucasian barber around town?"

aee163625a4d3f43454869f2599ed5a7.jpg

Had my first major fight with a family member over their bullshit. Can't wait for the next four years.

Y'all are making me happy that most of my family members are Dems/liberals etc etc... well my father is a centrist. My mother wasn't very LGBTQ friendly (born in Haiti) until my sisters coming out changed her views (though it wasn't candy and peaches when that shit happened at first)

But we all have the Michelle Obama face today.

D i Z

I like in the first ep his "friends" only plan was him to piss off the police. And the cop went and got his friend to clock in so they could beat his ass and get paid for it

Dude is sleight of hand for those white people following the stories but might have trouble with their bias. He's presented as meek and non threatening. But he's packed with all the knowledge that white people love to bury. And comfortable with putting a hot in in somebody too.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
a) Sometimes is actual anger and frustration accumulated.

b) Usually are just shit bags that don't care about anything the protest is about and just want to loot.

More often than whatnot are provocateurs and paid plants that start the mayhem to discredit what the protest was about and enticing a) and b) to do the same.

I forgot to add. Since media usually just loves to give coverage to the stupidest shit, they just report when theres all of the above forgetting and disminishing what the protest was about and get's forgotten the next day, while the loots and riots will be talked about to the end of times.

That is why looting and destruction of property is so counterproductive. Images of a sea of people of all ages, races and orientations standing together for something gets pushed aside for footage of a few people raging.

LionPride

Banned
So this hispanic dude I'm cool with wore a MAGA hat. I couldnt help but laugh. I needed that.

I also needed to see the Sophomores get to scrappin and rip each others shirts off and see my favorite bartender turn teacher stop them.

Bittersweet Pep Rally yo

Crocodile

@Malyse: Get better soon bro!

Wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact you need a phone to do anything online with teh system

What do people who don't have smart phones even do? Seem fin as an additional option but makes NO SENSE as the only thing.

Nintendo is the Donald Trump of gaming. A bunch of half-baked promises of past greatness, but shit delivery.

Like, I'm expecting Kanye to start tap dancing for the Switch launch, and then not get an E3 invite.

Woah there no need for the hyperbole LOL

Let's save the Trump comparisons for things that deserve them.

Good to see optimism in this thread. My greatest fear about Trump is that he actually improves the lives of (white) Americans. And we're gonna get a collective "that Trump guy is not so bad" while everyone suffers. I'm more worried about Muslim Americans who are now officially labeled as enemies by the government. But we will persevere, it's just what we do.

My bigger fear is that some Trump voters are so detached from reality already that they won't even notice when shit gets worse for them :/

GAF is just glorious sometimes

fNDACyy.jpg

Ayyyyyyy LMAO. Like GODDAMN!

It is almost always rap related.

Oh! This music doesn't fit this movie, let's replace it with some butt rock. Always.

Ever notice when people get offended enough to edit the music out of something. The music is 9.9/10 rap?

I won't comment on other trailers and I have no idea why people would go to the lengths to actually edit a trailer if people are doing that (why care so much or use up so much free time?) but even I didn't think the song was the best fit for the Power Rangers trailer. I just want to hear the Mighty Morphin' theme blasting.

Dai101

Banned
Hope y'all having a good one. Not sure how you guys watched any of that crap..

Just what i get looking around here and listening to local radio (it's inevitable, i can't function without noise around). Not going to see nothing about or look for nothing related to el pendejo anaranjado.

Needless to say we're fucking scared, but hey, we have survived 500 years of abuse. The orange turd doesn't have nothing we don't know about.

Glad to see some local governments showing balls for once, planing to boycott ford and gm as their chose for fleet cars and the like.

My bigger fear is that some Trump voters are so detached from reality already that they won't even notice when shit gets worse for them :/

They won't. They're convinced he's saving them.

I'm considering going somewhere to get away for a while. I feel like if I don't, dealing with my family on a daily basis with no break is going to cause me to collapse and pass away in the night.

First off, why the fuck did I go to Harris Teeter for groceries

And my cashier and the girl bagging my groceries are having the most in depth conversation about hip hop. And these are textbook definition white folks.

akira28

Katherine Johnson was in the NASA space race episode of Timeless, and in the next ep, they meet with the real Lone Ranger, Bass Reeves.

Isn't it ironic as all of thee fucks that America's Original #1 Super Cop, True Blue Lawman Legend wasn't drunk and sad gambling addict Wyatt Earp but Bass Reeves. A black man. And he wasn't all about stopping folks and asking what they were doing out walking on the streets. He's a legend because he actually kept the peace.

America worships the law enforcers but don't know of the one good lawman that they should.

Isn't it ironic as all of thee fucks that America's Original #1 Super Cop, True Blue Lawman Legend wasn't drunk and sad gambling addict Wyatt Earp but Bass Reeves. A black man. And he wasn't all about stopping folks and asking what they were doing out walking on the streets. He's a legend because he actually kept the peace.

America worships the law enforcers but don't know of the one good lawman that they should.

But he's a great co-star in Tombstone. The story of Doc Holiday, as told by Val Kilmer

People are doing the bare minimum for research on new words and topics now. Google search and reading the suggested definition from the drop down menu. Lol

Where you're from - Born in the Philippines, majority of my life is in Cali (a few years in Japan by virtue of being a military brat)
Where you live - Currently in the Bay Area (around Oakland)
What is your age? - 34
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Half filipino, half black
Do you know your roots - Only from my Grandmother on my dad's side moving from Missouri to Chicago. Genealogy stems from west Africa, last I recall.
Favorite musical genre - Old school R&B/Hip Hop. Trip Hop and experimental shit.
Your profession/major/career interest - Design manager at Silicon Valley tech company
Your religious affiliation - I just believe. That's pretty much it.
Hobbies - Illustration, art history,
Nintendo
games. :X
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Shit... Want to say Popeye's/Churches, but damn I do love me some Jollibee's and some Bonchon
'sMarvel or DC? - Marvel for days! However,...
Favorite superhero? - ...DC version Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Anime or Nah? - Eh. To me, the last and best anime I watched was Ping Pong... Other than that, I haven't watched anything after 2005. (Ping Pong is an amazing anime)
Favorite sport and team? - MMA/Wrasslin'.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - The Incredibles
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Pokemon/Skyrim. Favorite Genre is RPG's.

Hello all. Hope to post here more often! Today is shit for our country but I hope all of us remain angry and vigilant—I feel like emotions like that are what gets things done.

Where you're from - Born in the Philippines, majority of my life is in Cali (a few years in Japan by virtue of being a military brat)
Where you live - Currently in the Bay Area (around Oakland)
What is your age? - 34
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Half filipino, half black
Do you know your roots - Only from my Grandmother on my dad's side moving from Missouri to Chicago. Genealogy stems from west Africa, last I recall.
Favorite musical genre - Old school R&B/Hip Hop. Trip Hop and experimental shit.
Your profession/major/career interest - Design manager at Silicon Valley tech company
Your religious affiliation - I just believe. That's pretty much it.
Hobbies - Illustration, art history,
Nintendo
games. :X
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Shit... Want to say Popeye's/Churches, but damn I do love me some Jollibee's and some Bonchon
'sMarvel or DC? - Marvel for days! However,...
Favorite superhero? - ...DC version Captain Marvel (Shazam)
Anime or Nah? - Eh. To me, the last and best anime I watched was Ping Pong... Other than that, I haven't watched anything after 2005. (Ping Pong is an amazing anime)
Favorite sport and team? - MMA/Wrasslin'.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - The Incredibles
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Pokemon/Skyrim. Favorite Genre is RPG's.

Hello all. Hope to post here more often! Today is shit for our country but I hope all of us remain angry and vigilant—I feel like emotions like that are what gets things done.
Welcome! With a username like yours you should fit in quite well with some of the regulars.

How's the Cali weather?

I've got proof of my works. Would you care to prove you aren't a virgin? Or a single Asian (not Bronson) has ever liked you? Go eat pixelated conch, hoe..

And I'll fist your family. That should be enough hands..
Gordon you a chicken man, you make some good fried chicken?
I heard shit goes down at night at those conventions. Like orgies and shit

I've seen some shit. I know when to turn around and walk away, but even then sometimes you can't escape.

D i Z

He's one of those American icons so completely co-opted and appropriated, we'd need a full on multi-media blitz of his stories to correct his erasure and the damage done to the real Lone Ranger.

Monsters Unleashed is shockingly standard in its first issue. I hope someone does anything at all interesting with it. Don't even care which book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom